Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

South Africa v England Series 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    24 from 32
  • Options
    23 from 30.

This is silly.

We need wickets not to be packing a boundary and bowling full outside off. They are going to knock this total off with ease with this tactic.
  • Options
    17 from 29.

Huge six.
  • Options
    Morris moves to 50 from 30 balls.

13 from 28.
  • Options

i dont understand this - here we have the no 1 bowler in the world with 4 overs left - and we dont bowl him !

I take that back - he's gone for 14 off his first 3 balls.
  • Options
    Morris plays almost identical shots for four through the covers. Superb batting.

9 from 27.
  • Options
    Abbott on strike now.

Need to keep Morris off strike and take the wickets of the other two - easy game is cricket :-)
  • Options
    8 needed from 4 overs.
  • Options
    Broad is too expensive to play limited overs cricket. Shouldn't have dropped Willey.
  • Options
    This boy Morris knows how to hit a six!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big six.

2 needed and that'll be that.
  • Options
    Bowled by Rashid! What happens if the scores are level? Draw? Super over?
  • Options
    Don't be so hasty....
  • Options
    What a useless fielding display by England.
  • Options
    Wow.

1 needed to win.

Rashid into the attack and bowls Morris with the wrongen.

Tahir in...
  • Options
    2-2 with 1 to play
  • Options
    Tahir hits a four off his first ball.

Series level.
  • Options
    Rashid has just bowled someone with a worng'un and then gives Tahir a simple long hop to smash to the boundary......i just dont get it !!!!!!!.
    I just dont get their performance today - is there any Pakistani bookies involved ?
  • Options
    Is this an indication of the fact that England are a far better team than SA?
    After all, the England middle order was a total shambles today (9 runs from 4 players) - the fielding was shambolic - and we allow them to get 52 for the 9th wicket when we had our foot on their throat !!
    Aside from Root , who was magnificent - A shambolic display
  • Options
    Bugger...Wifi back on.....
    How we.......

Oh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sorry AA, but Rashid simply doesnt have 'it' - goes for 10 in first over, including long hops,wide balls , half volleys

One has to accept that, by the very nature of being a leg spinner, Rashid will go for some. But he is the best bowler of his type we have and I stand by the assertion that he will come good for us.

In fact, he has actually done OK in this series as evidenced by this comparison with the two other spinners:

Rashid: 31.2-0-173-4 (5.52 RR / 43.25 PW)
    Ali: 35.1-196-4 (5.59 RR / 49.00 PW)
    Tahir: 38.0-0-239-5 (6.29 RR / 47.87 PW)

Rashid has also scored 54 runs off 40 balls in the series at an average of 27 coming in at nine.

I also think that Morgan missed a trick in bringing him back so late. Clearly Morris likes pace and isn't so good against spin and having scored 25 off just 11 balls from Woakes and Stokes he should have turned to Rashid - but instead threw the ball to Broad who Morris smacked for 6-4-4 off his first three balls. Game over.

Rashid has still to reach 28 and as with most spin bowlers of that age still learning his trade - Tahir, for example, at almost 39 is virtually a decade older.

• Options
    I see Voges has taken his test average above 100 in the test against NZ.

Also beaten record for most runs without being out 551 and counting.
  • Options
    He's no Andy Ganteaume.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Not bad for a ordinary batsman.
    He must have scored some big runs though, coz he averaged 28 in 8 innings in The Ashes last year.!
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Not bad for a ordinary batsman.
    He must have scored some big runs though, coz he averaged 28 in 8 innings in The Ashes last year.!
    Honestly thought he'd drop out after that given his age.

Think he might had they not been losing Clarke and Rogers.
  • Options
    We would have beaten them if we would have held the catches. Too many players got out too easily. I think Vince should be playing in the 50 over team he is more consistent than Roy. Morgan and Moeen are out of form with the bat. I would keep Willey and Topley in the team and play Broad instead of Jordan. Also Adil Rashid gives us something different and can hit useful runs.
    My fifty over team
    Hales
    Vince
    Root
    Morgan
    Butler
    Stokes
    Moeen
    Willey
    Adil Rashid
    Broad
    Topley
  • Options

How the one day game has moved on. In the current series against Australia, India have scored 309, 308, 295 & 323 - and lost all four!

Both sides batting is extremely strong but the Aussies are badly missing pace - with the likes of Harris, Johnson, Starc, Cummings, Pattinson etc not around for one reason or another the cupboard isn't looking that full.

I mentioned that the Aussies are so strong up top in batting department. Well these are Khawaja's last eight innings:

For Sydney Thunder in T20- 109* (84), 62 (42) & 104* (59)
    For Australia in Tests - 144, 56, 121, 174 & 9*

And he isn't in their one day side and won't be in their World Cup squad!
    Admittedly, Khawaja has to prove it over here but seven years younger than Vosges so I believe that he too will prove the doubters wrong.

In fact, since I posted the above scores his run has continued to the extent that he has scored 1095 runs for nine times out at an average of 122. That includes four tons and a fifty the last five times he's been out in Tests.

• Options
    Very disappointed with England's middle order yesterday and thought SA would get the runs easily. So enjoyed the match a lot more that expected as was closer than I thought it would be. The SA supporters are even worse than the Aussies though (!) and celebrated like they'd won the series! I may have made a few gesticulations to remind them it was now 2 2 and they hadn't actually won the series! I thought Broad would have done better at the end - the crowd around us were trying to wind him up and we'd hoped it would work in England's favour; sadly not! Such cheap tickets and drinks softened the blow
  • Options
    I'd get Plunkett back in the team ASAP. Offers more than Broad with both bat and bowl in the limited overs.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    England 117-3 off 22 in final ODI

Roy 8 (15)
    Root 27 (25)
    Morgan 2 (10)
    Hales 68* (68)
    Stokes 8* (14)

Another failure from Morgan (64 runs in the five match series). Wafted at a wide one outside the off stump and caught behind.