Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

South Africa v England Series 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    50 for KP in the PSL...

• Options
    90/3 off 14.4 they aren't exactly knocking the runs off
  • Options
    SA really struggling. Some great bowling and fielding from England.
  • Options
    103/5, 32 off 17 needed. Game, surprisingly, on!

Jordan has bowled very economically.
  • Options
    Blimey! Am on-call and been away from the tv and it's game on! Might pop along Sunday after all
  • Options
    2 needed from the last ball!
  • Options
    Bugger
  • Options

Should be a goodun. Sure the top order is flexible, 7 real quality strikers of the ball on their day. Fancy SA but only by a small margin, AbdV if he stays about against our death bowling would be devastating.

Very small margin!

Good game.
  • Options
    Unbelievable finish. Great match.
  • Options
    Can't blame topley for that. Exciting stuff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My pet hate........'lets take the positives out of the game'.......fuck off, we lost.
  • Options
    SA got out of jail, we nearly got out of jail.
    Problem we have is we dont have a Mcgrath,Warne,Steyn,Ashwin,Boult,Starc....someone you can rely on to bowl the last over...what Topley bowled was in the Jordan class of filth - not that i blame him.
  • Options

SA got out of jail, we nearly got out of jail.
    Problem we have is we dont have a Mcgrath,Warne,Steyn,Ashwin,Boult,Starc....someone you can rely on to bowl the last over...what Topley bowled was in the Jordan class of filth - not that i blame him.

Yep, and had Topley of bowled the second to last I'm sure it would have set Jordan up to bowl the same.

You need someone instills confidence into the rest of the team when bowling at the death, SA have it we don't.

Batting was the problem today though, not the bowling or fielding. Next one important.
  • Options
    Get Billings in.
  • Options
    Felt for Topley. In the end it seemed that it was all down to him that we lost. In truth the damage occurred a lot earlier.
    Does Willey need to react quicker in the field or just needs longer arms.
  • Options

Get Billings in.

For who exactly?! The only one of the top six who is not certain of a place is Roy and I think Vince is next in line to open..
  • Options
    Brendan McCullum hits the fastest ever Test hundred today against Australia off just 54 balls - and exactly half of them were dot balls (16 fours and 4 sixes). Beat Viv Richard's 26 ball effort set over 30 years previous. Which probably says as much about Sir Viv that it has taken so long to beat it.

McCulum was eventually out for 145 off 79 with NZ all out for 370 off just 65.4 overs.
  • Options
    Topley's bigger mistakes were the 2 dreadful balls that went for a 6 and 4. I can't see why people think he is not to blame. Having said that his left arm bowling does add some balance. Hopefully he will learn from that experience.
  • Options

Brendan McCullum hits the fastest ever Test hundred today against Australia off just 54 balls - and exactly half of them were dot balls (16 fours and 4 sixes). Beat Viv Richard's 26 ball effort set over 30 years previous. Which probably says as much about Sir Viv that it has taken so long to beat it.

McCulum was eventually out for 145 off 79 with NZ all out for 370 off just 65.4 overs.

Eff me - a 26 ball century - thats some going :wink:
  • Options
    redman said:

Topley's bigger mistakes were the 2 dreadful balls that went for a 6 and 4. I can't see why people think he is not to blame. Having said that his left arm bowling does add some balance. Hopefully he will learn from that experience.

redman - were you at the game?

I think most people are not blaming Topley because 1) He's very inexperienced 2) He's bowled well so far 3) Someone with that inexperience shouldnt really be bowling the last over and 4) as mentioned, the real damage was done by the (worryingly regular) inept batting display.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And both Viv's and McCullum's were against "proper countries too" England and Australia. Misbah-ul Haq equaled the record, and also against Australia

Viv's effort really stands out when you think of the scoring rates of his era, and the bats they used 30 years ago!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/63428.html
  • Options

Get Billings in.

For who exactly?! The only one of the top six who is not certain of a place is Roy and I think Vince is next in line to open..
    Morgan is shit not worthy of a place.
  • Options

Eff me - a 26 ball century - thats some going :wink:
    It would have been but, unfortunately, it was "only" 56 balls.
  • Options
    Regularly disappointed with Roy - just a slogger imo .
    Been very disappointed with Stokes dismisslas over the past few games - shuffling across his crease to Rabada and being bowled middle staump, and then yesterday over-balancing when not reading the wrongun - 2 very amateurish shots.
    Here's a left field idea - Stokes seems to have a problem reading the spinners - and coming in at 5 he is more than likely going to get more spin in India - so... why not let him open with Hales? then have Root,Buttler,Morgs,Billings/Ali as 3/4/5/6/7
  • Options
    watching highlights of MCcullums innings - at lunch Mcullumn had scored 37 off 18 balls and Williamson had got 7 off 64 !
  • Options
    For the first time i have ever seen - Aus had a fielder on boundary directly behind the keeper because BMc was top edging so many over the keeper - bit like school cricket !
  • Options

redman said:

redman - were you at the game?

I think most people are not blaming Topley because 1) He's very inexperienced 2) He's bowled well so far 3) Someone with that inexperience shouldnt really be bowling the last over and 4) as mentioned, the real damage was done by the (worryingly regular) inept batting display.
    No sadly was back home. Saw the ODI on Sunday - what a glorious ground Newlands is (much nicer than Craven Cottage!). Don't disagree with any of your comments about Topley; just think he should accept some responsibility and learn from it, which hopefully he will.

• Options
    Yes , Newlands is a special ground - if anybody gets the chance to go to a Test match there , then go for it.

Anyway, todays final 20/20 at Jo'Burg - SA won the toss and decide to bowl.
  • Options
    Billings gets the nod. Good call
  • Options
    Oh, and Billings is playing instead of Willey.