Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leicester

Comments

• Options

Doesn't matter that Vardy has scored 19 goals this season, that's Welbeck back in the England side

I don't dislike welbeck at all, but if he starts ahead of Vardy it's a disgrace.
  • Options
    fairy tale for Welbeck .. and nice to see two English scorers doing the biz for Wenger's foreign legion .. Simpson ? ... really unprofessional and cost Leicester the game
  • Options
    Be interesting to see how Leicester respond to this. They've not had too many setbacks this season!
  • Options
    Reminded me of the Red Card that Tarieq Holmes-Dennis got against Nottingham Forest at the beginning of January.

The shirt pull isnt a bad foul, if your on a booking (especially if it only happened minutes ago), the referee and your Captain should take you aside and say thats your lot before issuing the red.

Arsenal once again got a huge let off with Referees after not having a player sent off against Bournemouth, also felt that Coquelin should have received a yellow card (and what would have been his marching orders) when he pushed Danny Simpson telling him to get off the pitch, no need for that
  • Options

Be interesting to see how Leicester respond to this. They've not had too many setbacks this season!

Just need to dust themselves down and go again. Yes they'll be gutted but i'm sure if you'd offered them 9 points from recent games with Spurs, Liverpool, City and Arsenal they'd have grabbed it. It's still in their hands and they have far easier games on paper than the others.

Arsenal for example still have to go away to 4 of the top 6. Leicesters other title rivals are also all still in at least 2 cup competitions.
  • Options
    Tottenham ahead and back in second. If this is the top 2 at the end of the season I'll be happy, either one on top.
  • Options

Tottenham ahead and back in second. If this is the top 2 at the end of the season I'll be happy, either one on top.

The penalty decision as bad as the person who cut Clattenburgs hair/wig.
  • Options
    Be typical Spurs if they come 2nd to Arsenal!

Leicester have been great - they will come 3rd at least and actually have a fairly decent run of games to come (including a trip to us on the TV which means they'll win!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen MOTD2, soft penalty, but a penalty never the less, Monreal planted his foot across Varney's path, he's then relying on Varney going out of his way to avoid contact, it's not like Varney had to dangle his leg at an unnatural angle or change direction to invite the contact.

As for the red, that was a joke, neither yellow was worth anything more than a free kick, both incredibly soft and not given if Arsenal weren't whinging about the penalty so much.
  • Options
    It's such a shame as we all want Leicester to do it, but now is the test ... Now is the real test for a team playing against smart operators in the league, will they crumble? We will see...
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

It's such a shame as we all want Leicester to do it, but now is the test ... Now is the real test for a team playing against smart operators in the league, will they crumble? We will see...

This is the problem... They've survived the test of playing the big sides who simply needed the points but now they'll come up against the likes of Alan Pardew who'll want to beat them just to say that they have

Remember though, only two sides have beaten Leicester this season so it wont be easy, thankfully Danny Simpson will be out for just the one match and they'll have time off next Saturday due to the FA Cup... Either we cant complain, remember when we won League One, everyone wanted to beat us simply because of where we were.
  • Options
    despise arsenal, mate is a season ticket holder and he saw some tickets changing hands yesterday for 200 quid a piece. the singing at the end who are you really wound me up, whatever happens leicester have been a credit to english football aswell as spurs kane, alli and vardy all good players regularly starting at the top end of the table, leicester have a 2 week break then have norwich and wba at home so 2 winnable games to keep the pressure on. really think a build up of fixtures could go against spurs arsenal and city, citys season could be gone within the next month, lose to chelsea in fa cup, lose to liverpool in carling cup and 2 more pl games and they could be out of that.
  • Options

Just seen MOTD2, soft penalty, but a penalty never the less, Monreal planted his foot across Varney's path, he's then relying on Varney going out of his way to avoid contact, it's not like Varney had to dangle his leg at an unnatural angle or change direction to invite the contact.

As for the red, that was a joke, neither yellow was worth anything more than a free kick, both incredibly soft and not given if Arsenal weren't whinging about the penalty so much.

What made the Red Card worse was the way the pundits came out claiming that Simpson deserved to go for the challenges... Had that been Arsenal v Chelsea, the pundits / commentators would have been on the back of the referee claiming that he ruined the match and that the fans wanted to see a spectacle of 11 v 11.
  • Options
    latest odds;

Arsenal 13/8

Tottenham 11/4

Leicester 3/1

man city 7/1

man utd 150/1
  • Options
    Gutted to see Arsenal win yesterday thought the ref gave Leicester nothing after the penalty should have had a second penalty

The red card should have been dealt with in a manor of a warning and your walking a tight rope
  • Options
    Leicester seem overpriced at 3-1.
  • Options
    Leicester have a wobble, but all three chasers choke the opportunity.
  • Options
    Bet they couldn't believe their luck tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cech out for 4 weeks is a huge blow for arsenal.
  • Options

Whilst not wising to relish a fellow human getting hurt, good.
  • Options

You just know Ospina will have the game of his career tomorrow now.

(My pooper has gone.... bfffffpt!)
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Could be well clear tonight if they dont concede in the next five
  • Options
    This is the most nervous i have seen them play so far this season though
  • Options
    Hardly watch any premiership this season, probably due to being depressed at all things football, but on the odd occasion I've seen Leicester play, the player who always seems to stand out for me is the (smallish) black fella in central midfield (don't recall his name). Fantastic work rate and seems to link everything up seamlessly and (in my opinion) doesn't get enough credit for the part he plays.

Reminds me of Keith Jones back in the 90's..........
  • Options
    Amazing, that's how you win a title, grinding out 1-0s!
  • Options
    it's getting ridiculous now, love it