Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leicester

Comments

• Options

Leicester have a tricky (on paper) last 3 - Man U, Everton and Chelsea. They will need a decent margin going into them I feel.

Praying they pull off the biggest ever shock in the history of football - I think it is that big. Greece winning the euros in 04 was incredible but that's over a lot less games.

Are Everton a hard match? If they win their cup semi final, then they'll probably be saving themselves for the final. Alternately their players will be saving themselves for the Euros (or the beach)

Chelsea have nothing to play for, and I can't imagine their fans wanting them to beat Leicester and give the title to Spurs!
  • Options
    Everton are a talented but inconsistent side. Could just as easily be a walk over for Leicester or Everton turn up a poop the party.
  • Options

Leicester have a tricky (on paper) last 3 - Man U, Everton and Chelsea. They will need a decent margin going into them I feel.

Praying they pull off the biggest ever shock in the history of football - I think it is that big. Greece winning the euros in 04 was incredible but that's over a lot less games.

Are Everton a hard match? If they win their cup semi final, then they'll probably be saving themselves for the final. Alternately their players will be saving themselves for the Euros (or the beach)

Chelsea have nothing to play for, and I can't imagine their fans wanting them to beat Leicester and give the title to Spurs!
    The Chelsea players will want to play for pride though... Its not going to be up to the fans and what they want. (Also they're still only 10-points from 4th... Its a very long shot now but they could still get it)
  • Options
    Also Chelsea still havnt lost a league game under Huddink.
  • Options
    They have a cushion and the teams behind them are going to drop points. If Spurs can come through their games with maximum points the title would be very well deserved, but I can't see them beating Liverpool and Chelsea. 4 points maybe.

Arsenal and City are behind for a reason; they keep messing up. There's no reason to believe they'll find consistent form all of a sudden, any more than Leicester will suddenly start losing games (against teams they've already beaten!).
  • Options

The Chelsea players will want to play for pride though... Its not going to be up to the fans and what they want. (Also they're still only 10-points from 4th... Its a very long shot now but they could still get it)
    They put in a pretty limp performance against West Ham though, all the pundits said West Ham should have won the game, and that the penalty at the end was a poor decision.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    JiMMy 85 said:

They have a cushion and the teams behind them are going to drop points. If Spurs can come through their games with maximum points the title would be very well deserved, but I can't see them beating Liverpool and Chelsea. 4 points maybe.

Arsenal and City are behind for a reason; they keep messing up. There's no reason to believe they'll find consistent form all of a sudden, any more than Leicester will suddenly start losing games (against teams they've already beaten!).

Agreed, I think Leicester are very close now but people are just scared to say it because a) it still sounds mad to say Leicester will win the Premier League and b) no one wants to jinx it.

That said, injuries could still decide it. Either Kane or Mahrez gets injured on international duty next week and that could be the killer blow that swings things in one direction or he other.

If all things remain equal as they are now, and the Foxes might have killed off the Cockerel by the time they get to Everton.

• Options
    I just can't see Leicester doing it and I really want them to but even if they are 4 points clear with one game to go something will happen
    Anyone but Spurs perleeeeeease
  • Options
    They haven't shown any signs of cracking under the pressure yet. They're still getting results and clean sheets and not looking shaky. Seems like they're enjoying their football.

I don't think I've ever seen a more simple and effective side, they're so balanced. Having someone like Mahrez on one wing and Albrighton on the other gives the team such variety. Mahrez can tear apart anyone with his movement and dribbling. And if that's not working, Albrighton is so direct and early with his crossing. In Kante and Drinkwater they have an unbelievable engine room. Their full backs are technically great footballer and defenders. No need to comment on Vardy.

You get the feeling Ranieri knows exactly what type of player he wants for each position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

They haven't shown any signs of cracking under the pressure yet. They're still getting results and clean sheets and not looking shaky. Seems like they're enjoying their football.

I don't think I've ever seen a more simple and effective side, they're so balanced. Having someone like Mahrez on one wing and Albrighton on the other gives the team such variety. Mahrez can tear apart anyone with his movement and dribbling. And if that's not working, Albrighton is so direct and early with his crossing. In Kante and Drinkwater they have an unbelievable engine room. Their full backs are technically great footballer and defenders. No need to comment on Vardy.

You get the feeling Ranieri knows exactly what type of player he wants for each position.

I get the feeling that Ranieri can't believe his luck.

He looks as surprised as anyone else
  • Options
    It'll be interesting to see what they do in the Summer.
  • Options

It'll be interesting to see what they do in the Summer.

Another trip to Thailand, most likely.
  • Options
    Playing Celtic, Barca & PSG in the International Champions Cup.
    In Glasgow, then LA then Stockholm.
    Lots of flying about basically.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35872998
  • Options

Playing Celtic, Barca & PSG in the International Champions Cup.
    In Glasgow, then LA then Stockholm.
    Lots of flying about basically.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35872998

It still seems bizarre to think they will (almost certainly) be playing the likes of Barcelona and PSG in competitive matches next season!
  • Options
    Not too early in the season though.
    They are likely to be one of the top seeds in the champions league.
    Incredible
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Mahrez failed to turn up for training today and is apparently on strike
  • Options
    He was always likely to do something like this, really don't know why they didn't sell.
  • Options

Mahrez failed to turn up for training today and is apparently on strike

I make that breach of contract so stop his pay then he will be back in a heartbeat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Re joined training yesterday
    Was on the bench today
    Came on and got a massive applause from.the Leicester fans???? After the way he has treated the club why are the fans cheering him when he comes on
  • Options

Was on the bench today
    Came on and got a massive applause from.the Leicester fans???? After the way he has treated the club why are the fans cheering him when he comes on

Because he's a top player who was instrumental in Leicester winning the title.
  • Options

Was on the bench today

If one of our players had behaved like this I'd struggle to applaud him - getting a bit sick of childish immature footballers.
  • Options

Was on the bench today

Who refused to turn up for training because he couldnt leave the club.
    Stated on many occassions he doesnt want to play for them.

No player is bigger than a club
  • Options

Was on the bench today

Leicester city won the premiership due to him.

Leicester city.
  • Options

Was on the bench today

Leicester city.
    Mahrez was a key player but they did not win it due to him alone
    Vardy
    Kante
    Morgan
    Schemichal
  • Options

Was on the bench today

Leicester city.
    Vardy
    Kante
    Morgan
    Schemichal
    You've demonstrated that Leicester City won the league with a bang average team.
  • Options

Was on the bench today

Leicester city.
    Vardy
    Kante
    Morgan
    Schemichal
    You've demonstrated that Leicester City won the league with a bang average team.
    Must have had a good manager then.
  • Options

Was on the bench today

Probably because they want him to stay.
  • Options
    From looking on a Leicester forum, opinion seems to be fairly split. Some think he's an arsehole who was happy enough to recently signed a new long term contract. Others see him as part of the history winning title side, who's done really well for them over 2-3 years and deserves a move to a bigger club.

To be honest i blame his agent. He should've insisted on a release clause as part of the new contract then Mahrez would have got his move.