Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Force Awakens. Spoilers

Comments

• Options
    Very good movie, but not great.
  • Options

Best bit is when Kylo Ren is destroying everything in the room after Rey escapes, these two Stormtroopers come round the corner, stop and think, actually we'll go back the other way

Or "that's not how the force works!"
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Best bit is when Kylo Ren is destroying everything in the room after Rey escapes, these two Stormtroopers come round the corner, stop and think, actually we'll go back the other way

Or "that's not how the force works!"
    There were some really good one liners in there, just enough (and spaced out) to ensure that they didnt get tiresome, I know I moaned about the Death Star but it was the same with adding in a few other good nostalgic moments (i.e. having Admiral Ackbar there)
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Captain Phasma? Why....?

I was wondering the same.
  • Options
    Re. Han and Chewie finding the Falcon - there was a line of dialogue that explained that. Some sort of alert as soon as it took off. Han says "You think it was coincidence we found you? The Falcon popped up on our screens, and if we could find it, the villains probably know where we are right now..."

The problem isn't so much that Han found it, but that JJ is apparently awful at conveying the passing of time (Trek fans were furious when the Enterprise went from the Klingon home world to Earth in 2 minutes). It was edited in such a way that it looked like Han was waiting around in orbit of Jakku on the off-chance it might turn up, when it could have been hours later.
  • Options
    Why different directors for the next two?

The fella whose doing the 3rd (9th) one is the bloke who did Jurassic world ,and I thought that was cack!
  • Options
    I'm sure Hammil's brief cameo was due to contractual agreements, rather than being of any benefit to the plot. The closing scene should have been of the Falcon flying off to find him and save Luke for the sequel...........
  • Options
    Thought it was decent but could have been made better. Didn't particularly like the guy who play Finn and also thought there were a few too many jokes in it.

O was a bit disappointed with how weak Kylo Ren was but I assume that has been done on purpose and I don't think they should have removed his mask so early on.
  • Options
    We should have found out that Kylo Ren was Han's son right before he kills him... It would have been a similar Darth Vadar / Luke moment but we found out that these two were related FAR too soon!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thought it was decent but could have been made better. Didn't particularly like the guy who play Finn and also thought there were a few too many jokes in it.

O was a bit disappointed with how weak Kylo Ren was but I assume that has been done on purpose and I don't think they should have removed his mask so early on.

agreed, I thought Kylo Ren was very weak .. perhaps it's to contrast with his 'development' in the next film but I doubt it
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

agreed, I thought Kylo Ren was very weak .. perhaps it's to contrast with his 'development' in the next film but I doubt it
    He was good right up until he got his arse kicked by someone who didnt have a clue about the Force five mins beforehand.

Going to be interesting how his character develops because whenever I see him in the next film, he wont be scary for me
  • Options

stonemuse said:

He was good right up until he got his arse kicked by someone who didnt have a clue about the Force five mins beforehand.

Going to be interesting how his character develops because whenever I see him in the next film, he wont be scary for me
    It is obvious that Rey is Jedi trained and that her memory has been blocked.
    We will likely find out she had it blocked by sky walker to protect her
  • Options

stonemuse said:

But she was only a Padawan when she got removed from the Jedi... How much training could she have done in that short time?... Either way, C3PO had his memory wiped after Revenge of the Sith and remembers nothing from the prequels
  • Options

stonemuse said:

But she was only a Padawan when she got removed from the Jedi... How much training could she have done in that short time?... Either way, C3PO had his memory wiped after Revenge of the Sith and remembers nothing from the prequels
    Wish someone could do this to me as well!
  • Options

stonemuse said:

I think they were trying to suggest that a direct hit in his side from Chewbacca's bow blaster, and the resulting blood loss, and pale face as a result of it was a bit of a leveller.
  • Options
    Still shows him as someone who is vincible thougg... Darth Vadar was such a good villain partly because he had this invincible aura for the first two films at least
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Still shows him as someone who is vincible thougg... Darth Vadar was such a good villain partly because he had this invincible aura for the first two films at least

I watched the Empire Strike back , and Return of the Jedi the other day, Darth Vader still scares the pants off of me.

Not that it means too much about whether the films good or bad..

http://news.sky.com/story/1610609/star-wars-takes-jurassic-worlds-record

I went to see the Force Awakens for the 2nd time with my other son who hadn't seen it , he's a pretty harsh critic and gave it a 7 out of 10 , he reckons he enjoyed it more than Bond, i want to go and see it again, maybe after a Charlton defeat. win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Darth Vadar for me is still the biggest villain out there... Like you say, even in Return of the Jedi he's still a huge baddie despite the sympathy he gets from lines like: Its too late to save me, son
  • Options

I watched the Empire Strike back , and Return of the Jedi the other day, Darth Vader still scares the pants off of me.

Not that it means too much about whether the films good or bad..

http://news.sky.com/story/1610609/star-wars-takes-jurassic-worlds-record

I went to see the Force Awakens for the 2nd time with my other son who hadn't seen it , he's a pretty harsh critic and gave it a 7 out of 10 , he reckons he enjoyed it more than Bond, i want to go and see it again, maybe after a Charlton defeat. win.
    A long time to go, in a galaxy, far, far away.
  • Options

Why was fin black? I thought all storm troopers were clones of boba fetts dad?

That would be the clone troopers. The clue is in the name.
    Aren't all storm troopers clones though, sharing traits with jango fett , such as that head bump scene.
    No, not all stormtroopers are clones. See here, for example: http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/41198/what-canon-evidence-is-there-that-stormtroopers-are-are-not-still-clones
  • Options
    Actually there's an even easier canon explanation as to why the Storm Troopers in Ep 7 are not clones:

- if you look closely when Finn removes his helmet for the first time, you can see his ethnicity is completely different to the clones seen in Ep 3.

- if you listen carefully, you will notice that Captain Phasma's voice belongs to an entirely different gender than what the clones were.

So you now have 2 pretty clear indicators that at some point between Episode 3 and Episode 7, clones were phased out of the Empire.
  • Options
    Presumably clones were expensive to create and only created in episode 3 due to extreme circumstances. Ep7 is 45+ years later, so none of those clones will be serving a storm troopers (presumably some might be in higher military positions, but that's not what they were cloned for), so even by ep4 it's unlikely even the majority of storm troopers were still clones. For evidence see Luke and Han's plan to pretend to be storm troopers. If it was known that all storm troppers are clones, would they have even tried it with their differing heights?
  • Options
    And I know the books are no longer canon, but in the books the Emperor deems the cloning technology too powerful to be used by anyone and hides it away for his own use, creating 7 (I think) clones of himself, though that was mostly a plot device to keep him as a baddie multiple series of books, despite him being defeated multiple times.
  • Options

Kylo Ren will have an arc over three movies. This one ended with him killing the most popular rogue in cinematic history. It's fair to say he'll mature, grow more powerful and increase in menace. That's the point - he was an angry kid smashing up his room at one point.

As for Rey, she hasn't had her memory wiped - she was too young to remember her parents, that's all. And not inspired/ motivated to try to be a Jedi. But she's clearly of very, very powerful lineage (Snoke referred to an awakening in the force, right?) hence how she managed to use powers she'd never consciously tried before. Against an angry, injured, conflicted and under-trained villain, I don't have a problem with Rey winning that fight. He also underestimated her.
  • Options

Presumably clones were expensive to create and only created in episode 3 due to extreme circumstances. Ep7 is 45+ years later, when Supreme Commander Rolorks tries to make money out of the universe by cost-cutting and kidnapping children (of all different heights/genders & ethnicities) instead of continuing funding for the already well reknowned South East London Clone Academy

Fixed it for you