Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Force Awakens. Spoilers

1235»

Comments

• Options

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Didn't Luke spend about 25 minutes with a blindfold on in space then a week carrying a green puppet around in a rucksack and then more or less fight Darth Vader to a standstill? You don't see anyone complaining about that. Maybe waving a lightsaber around just isn't that hard.

He was rubbish with a lightsabre in ESB, only reason Vadar didnt kill him was because the Emperor wanter him captured (Hence Solo being encased in carbonate so that it was tested to ensure Luke didnt die when they did it to him).

He was then good in ROTJ but doesnt explain that there could have been a few weeks between the two where Luke could have gone back to train more before freeing Solo from Jabba
    Iirc it's like a year of time between ESB and ROTJ. Enough time for Luke to complete his training.
    Really? It only takes a year to become good enough with a sword made out of burning laserbeam to defeat the greatest sword wizard ever? I stand by my statement that lightsabering is easy.
    Anakin wasn't even better than Obi-Wan, who himself was not amongst the best swordsmen in the galaxy at that time, before his arms and legs were cut off, and then by the time he gets his robot body every other Jedi is dead or missing so he literally had no duelling practice until Obi-Wan fought him on the Death Star, so really it is the equivalent of a quadriplegic and a geriatric desert hermit just about fencing. I imagine if Leo Messi had his limbs chopped off then given robot replacements but no football practice for 30 years even I would manage to dribble round him.

Being good with the force =/= being good with a sword. That General Grievous bloke was not a force user but he still managed to kill several Jedi and nearly beat Obi-Wan.

By the way I'm only going by what's happened in the main movies and not by what has happened in books or cartoons.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8
    I guess it helps that he had four arms and four lightsabers!
    Homer had four arms and four lightsabers?
    Grevious was a droid.
    No he wasn't!
  • Options
    I thought it was good on the whole.

The scene in the MF with the debt collectors and the monster things was awful.

The girl's acting / dialogue is pretty poor throughout.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Didn't Luke spend about 25 minutes with a blindfold on in space then a week carrying a green puppet around in a rucksack and then more or less fight Darth Vader to a standstill? You don't see anyone complaining about that. Maybe waving a lightsaber around just isn't that hard.

He was rubbish with a lightsabre in ESB, only reason Vadar didnt kill him was because the Emperor wanter him captured (Hence Solo being encased in carbonate so that it was tested to ensure Luke didnt die when they did it to him).

He was then good in ROTJ but doesnt explain that there could have been a few weeks between the two where Luke could have gone back to train more before freeing Solo from Jabba
    Iirc it's like a year of time between ESB and ROTJ. Enough time for Luke to complete his training.
    Really? It only takes a year to become good enough with a sword made out of burning laserbeam to defeat the greatest sword wizard ever? I stand by my statement that lightsabering is easy.
    Anakin wasn't even better than Obi-Wan, who himself was not amongst the best swordsmen in the galaxy at that time, before his arms and legs were cut off, and then by the time he gets his robot body every other Jedi is dead or missing so he literally had no duelling practice until Obi-Wan fought him on the Death Star, so really it is the equivalent of a quadriplegic and a geriatric desert hermit just about fencing. I imagine if Leo Messi had his limbs chopped off then given robot replacements but no football practice for 30 years even I would manage to dribble round him.

Being good with the force =/= being good with a sword. That General Grievous bloke was not a force user but he still managed to kill several Jedi and nearly beat Obi-Wan.

By the way I'm only going by what's happened in the main movies and not by what has happened in books or cartoons.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8
    I guess it helps that he had four arms and four lightsabers!
    Homer had four arms and four lightsabers?
    Grevious was a droid.
    No he wasn't!
    According to Star Wars Wiki he's a Kaleesh

Were a species of reptilian humanoids from the planet Kalee. Although some of their facial features were reminiscent of bats, such as their elongated ears and flat noses, the Kaleesh usually wore masks. They posessed a heart and lungs. General Grievous, despite his mostly cybernetic body, was a member of the Kaleesh species.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

He had been shot by a crossbow laser that was capable of killing lots of other people throughout the movie... I thought he did pretty well considering he should be dead.

I'll admit I'd forgotten that....
  • Options
    Watched it today - excellent!!

But..................... Popcorn, Nachos and Slurpy fizzy drinks in the cinema - NO! STOP IT! It's just gluttonous ignorance and doesn't belong in a 'movie theatre'! It's as out of place as an Arsenal fan making a noise at The Emirates and should be punishable by inserting a prickly pear cactus where the sun don't shine whilst chewing a length of razor wire!!!!
  • Options

But..................... Popcorn, Nachos and Slurpy fizzy drinks in the cinema - NO! STOP IT! It's just gluttonous ignorance and doesn't belong in a 'movie theatre'! It's as out of place as an Arsenal fan making a noise at The Emirates and should be punishable by inserting a prickly pear cactus where the sun don't shine whilst chewing a length of razor wire!!!!

• Options

I thought it was rubbish.

The bad guy in it was good until they revealed his face way too early and therefore made him less intimidating. The seen on the bridge with Han Solo would of been ideal to finally take the mask off.

I tried. I just don't get it.

This is part of my crticicism in that the film doesn't stand alone. He's a bit of a lame villain because he's supposed to be - it's part one of a three film arc. He's going to be more badass in the sequels, now that we know he could kill anyone and he's going to have more training etc. There's no redemption arc for him a la Vader - they teased that and it didn't happen. He was dark and he resisted the light.

He'll be badass in the future and the sequels will reap the benefits of the first movie. But as a standalone film, it doesn't pay off and so we've been cheated a little bit.
  • Options

Although I agree that people eating and drinking noisily is annoying, I don't really think you can deny that popcorn in a cinema is an established and accepted tradition!
  • Options

Although I agree that people eating and drinking noisily is annoying, I don't really think you can deny that popcorn in a cinema is an established and accepted tradition!
    Oh yes you can!! Easy solution, stuff yourself before you go!! That'll help you to resist the urge to be a popcorn munching, nacho crunching attention seeker!! I am contemplating opening a 'haribo only' cinema where the only form of sustenance is a bucket of 'star mix' accompanied by strawless cups to negate the sucking/slurping habit. Noisy edibles at the cinema are borne out of the dark side! Succumbing to such is a sign of real weakness!
  • Options

Oh yes you can!! Easy solution, stuff yourself before you go!! That'll help you to resist the urge to be a popcorn munching, nacho crunching attention seeker!! I am contemplating opening a 'haribo only' cinema where the only form of sustenance is a bucket of 'star mix' accompanied by strawless cups to negate the sucking/slurping habit. Noisy edibles at the cinema are borne out of the dark side! Succumbing to such is a sign of real weakness!
    Lol. Popcorn is part of the cinema experience. When I take my daughter, the popcorn and drink is an important part of the ritual and she'd be devastated if it stopped. It's not hard to eat and drink at a reasonable volume, which is what we do. I don't know who's eating near you in the cinema, maybe you've been unlucky sitting near nyom nyommers. Maybe you should be annoyed with people who eat noisily in general - a valid gripe in my book and one that's previously been discussed on this very thread if I'm not mistaken. But popcorn in cinemas is, of itself, not out of order, it's just that some people are inconsiderate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bazjonster's ideal cinema experience would involve every patron being given their own personal saline drip to ensure silent refreshment throughout the experience.
  • Options
    Enjoyed it but think the sequel will struggle without Harrison Ford's presence.
  • Options
    RWP

EPIC EPIC FAIL, in so many ways, felt like a substandard reboot and was in a number of ways, and a poor one at that, full of plot holes, poor writing, bad acting

ouch, just ouch