Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Force Awakens. Spoilers

Comments

• Options
    Kylo Ren = Darth Emo

(Thanks James Richardson for that one)
  • Options

Why different directors for the next two?

The fella whose doing the 3rd (9th) one is the bloke who did Jurassic world ,and I thought that was cack!

The next film isn't out til 2017, the final instalment probably not til 2019-20. Ending up being about 8 years of Abrams life eaten up by making 3 massive Hollywood films. Add to that they are being filmed at Pinewood studios, not in Hollywood or the USA and Abrams has a young family. He almost didn't do the force awakens just because of that reason.

The guy making the second one made looper and a few other brilliant little genre films. He's one of the most talented directors working in Hollywood. Apparently the script for it has been written and is incredible apparently. Let's see how it translates on film.

The third film is a slight concern, but hopefully all will be well.

• Options
    If Kylo Ren transforms into Kylo Stimpy in the next episode I'll be very happy. :smile:
  • Options

Why different directors for the next two?

The fella whose doing the 3rd (9th) one is the bloke who did Jurassic world ,and I thought that was cack!

The next film isn't out til 2017, the final instalment probably not til 2019-20. Ending up being about 8 years of Abrams life eaten up by making 3 massive Hollywood films. Add to that they are being filmed at Pinewood studios, not in Hollywood or the USA and Abrams has a young family. He almost didn't do the force awakens just because of that reason.

The guy making the second one made looper and a few other brilliant little genre films. He's one of the most talented directors working in Hollywood. Apparently the script for it has been written and is incredible apparently. Let's see how it translates on film.

The third film is a slight concern, but hopefully all will be well.

Interesting ... I really enjoyed Looper so could be a good move.
  • Options
    Ep VIII prediction: ?

Go ahead. I don't know

• Options
    One thing I have noticed (as the dad of a Star Wars obsessed 4 year old) is that a hell of a lot of the new merch doesn't even feature in this episode of previous ones.
  • Options
    John Boyega is in the next film so one would assume he is still alive. I don't think they implied he had died at the end of the last one, just that he was recuperating.
  • Options
    They gave it away when solo gave the detonator to chewie! I knew then that he wouldn't be "available" to press the button :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any one plan 2 see this movie over the next week or so?.
  • Options
    Saw it last night - fun but very flawed. I don't understand how Kylo Ren couldn't just smash Finn and then Rey in their fights, whether she's good with the force or not, she's had no training whatsoever. If he's that rubbish, how bad were all the Jedi he killed? And why couldn't Luke just then defeat him easily? Basically Luke not doing so and pissing off to sulk on a hill with his beard of sorrow directly led to millions of deaths.

Also it felt too much of a New Hope rehash.
  • Options
    Didn't Luke spend about 25 minutes with a blindfold on in space then a week carrying a green puppet around in a rucksack and then more or less fight Darth Vader to a standstill? You don't see anyone complaining about that. Maybe waving a lightsaber around just isn't that hard.
  • Options

Didn't Luke spend about 25 minutes with a blindfold on in space then a week carrying a green puppet around in a rucksack and then more or less fight Darth Vader to a standstill? You don't see anyone complaining about that. Maybe waving a lightsaber around just isn't that hard.

He was rubbish with a lightsabre in ESB, only reason Vadar didnt kill him was because the Emperor wanter him captured (Hence Solo being encased in carbonate so that it was tested to ensure Luke didnt die when they did it to him).

He was then good in ROTJ but doesnt explain that there could have been a few weeks between the two where Luke could have gone back to train more before freeing Solo from Jabba
  • Options

He was rubbish with a lightsabre in ESB, only reason Vadar didnt kill him was because the Emperor wanter him captured (Hence Solo being encased in carbonate so that it was tested to ensure Luke didnt die when they did it to him).

He was then good in ROTJ but doesnt explain that there could have been a few weeks between the two where Luke could have gone back to train more before freeing Solo from Jabba
    Iirc it's like a year of time between ESB and ROTJ. Enough time for Luke to complete his training.
  • Options

Iirc it's like a year of time between ESB and ROTJ. Enough time for Luke to complete his training.
    Even Solo suppresses his shock at Luke becoming a Jedi when first freed
  • Options

Really? It only takes a year to become good enough with a sword made out of burning laserbeam to defeat the greatest sword wizard ever? I stand by my statement that lightsabering is easy.
  • Options
    Yeah the lightsabreing is easy, it's the making the right noise with your mouth at the right time that's tricky innit......bazooooosh...chkkkar
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Really? It only takes a year to become good enough with a sword made out of burning laserbeam to defeat the greatest sword wizard ever? I stand by my statement that lightsabering is easy.
    Anakin wasn't even better than Obi-Wan, who himself was not amongst the best swordsmen in the galaxy at that time, before his arms and legs were cut off, and then by the time he gets his robot body every other Jedi is dead or missing so he literally had no duelling practice until Obi-Wan fought him on the Death Star, so really it is the equivalent of a quadriplegic and a geriatric desert hermit just about fencing. I imagine if Leo Messi had his limbs chopped off then given robot replacements but no football practice for 30 years even I would manage to dribble round him.

Being good with the force =/= being good with a sword. That General Grievous bloke was not a force user but he still managed to kill several Jedi and nearly beat Obi-Wan.

By the way I'm only going by what's happened in the main movies and not by what has happened in books or cartoons.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

By the way I'm only going by what's happened in the main movies and not by what has happened in books or cartoons.
    yeah keep it real :smirk:
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Anakin wasn't even better than Obi-Wan, who himself was not amongst the best swordsmen in the galaxy at that time, before his arms and legs were cut off, and then by the time he gets his robot body every other Jedi is dead or missing so he literally had no duelling practice until Obi-Wan fought him on the Death Star, so really it is the equivalent of a quadriplegic and a geriatric desert hermit just about fencing. I imagine if Leo Messi had his limbs chopped off then given robot replacements but no football practice for 30 years even I would manage to dribble round him.

Being good with the force =/= being good with a sword. That General Grievous bloke was not a force user but he still managed to kill several Jedi and nearly beat Obi-Wan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8
  • Options

Fiiish said:

I guess it helps that he had four arms and four lightsabers!
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Homer had four arms and four lightsabers?
  • Options
    Some people are taking this film to serious. Enjoy it for what it was not for what it wasn't.
  • Options
    I thought it was rubbish.

The bad guy in it was good until they revealed his face way too early and therefore made him less intimidating. The seen on the bridge with Han Solo would of been ideal to finally take the mask off.

I tried. I just don't get it.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Homer had four arms and four lightsabers?
    Grevious was a droid.
    And an awful one at that... What sort of evil droid thing has Asthma?