Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Saturday, Jan 2nd, 5pm sit-in protest at The Valley.

Comments

• SID said:

SID said:

Uboat said:

It would really help if people stopped proposing alternatives and just go with one thing. We can try other stuff another time.

You need to brainstorm ideas thats why they are being mentioned.
    No you don't, not on this thread. Just get on board with the OP and turn up if you can. Discussing other options is just going to cause confusion and possibly dilute the protest that's been put forward.

Is it dear oh dear
    Yes chippy it is. The bloke who suggested this protest has obviously got his finger nearer the pulse than me or you.
    The protest is unambiguous non-violent and as simple as you could wish for. Rather than get all school girl sulky just get on board.

Edit sp
    I am but rather than knock people's views add some of your own. Rather hsve a few ideas than one or two. Who mentioned violence. Maybe it's the girl in you.
  • SID said:

SID said:

Uboat said:

It would really help if people stopped proposing alternatives and just go with one thing. We can try other stuff another time.

No you don't, not on this thread. Just get on board with the OP and turn up if you can. Discussing other options is just going to cause confusion and possibly dilute the protest that's been put forward.

Is it dear oh dear
    Yes chippy it is. The bloke who suggested this protest has obviously got his finger nearer the pulse than me or you.
    The protest is unambiguous non-violent and as simple as you could wish for. Rather than get all school girl sulky just get on board.

Edit sp
    I am but rather than knock people's views add some of your own. Rather hsve a few ideas than one or two. Who mentioned violence. Maybe it's the girl in you.
    That's fine, but not on this thread.
    Also, stop being a knob.
  • edited December 2015
  • For those who have a season ticket but no longer attend how about this?

Attend the game on Saturday and discard said season ticket on the pitch! Then attend the protest. The final stand against the regime!

If you don't plan to use it again this season then make the commitment and show them how you feel!
  • would love to but I'd then miss my Valley Express coach home. I'll be at the protest before the game though.

Maybe you should ask everyone else on the coach if they want to go and if necessary have a whip-round for the driver.
  • Glad the picture being painted about good ole muzza is the spineless two faced cowardly bstd that he has shown himself to be, shitting on those who backed him and supported him not just as fans but his close colleagues, gutted when pv left

Lets make one thing clear though id rather those in charge now than someone who wanted us to move from VFR so peter if you are reading or anyone who has his ear dont think that us not being at the valley is a good idea and thst we will all trot merryily along because the current owner is not in favour,

It all seems to contrived to be 100% factual and there are always two sides to a story, for some reason i reckon this one has three or four sides to it,
  • The consensus at the Woolwich meeting(seems a long time ago now) was Katrien should be bypassed and Richard Murray should be the conduit to Duchatelet.

Very good point. That was my suggestion. Nothing apparently came of it, or did The Trust even pursue this ?
  • Uboat said:

SID said:

SID said:

Uboat said:

Is it dear oh dear

Edit sp
    Also, stop being a knob.
    Ditto
  • The consensus at the Woolwich meeting(seems a long time ago now) was Katrien should be bypassed and Richard Murray should be the conduit to Duchatelet.

Very good point. That was my suggestion. Nothing apparently came of it, or did The Trust even pursue this ?
    We've several times asked him if we can get to speak directly to RD. His reply was always that RD has appointed KM as CEO, and that he wouldn't welcome anybody going round her about anything. Which unfortunately is a perfectly normal attitude in the corporate world. He claimed he doesn't himself have the remit to talk to RD about anything without KM's knowledge. Whether you think that's reasonable of him to be apparently so acquiescent, is up to you (all) but that's his position.

We also got the Belgian journalist to explore whether RD is willing to explain himself more to fans, but the answer was a flat no.

We may have thought of another route to open up dialogue with him ( or at last, some kind of discussion with him) but we will keep that under wraps, not least because it might not work.

• Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

SID said:

SID said:

Uboat said:

Is it dear oh dear

Edit sp
    Also, stop being a knob.
    Ditto
  • DA9 said:

Do we actually know for sure, that there was a takeover plan behind PV's approach, or, simply, investment and marketing advantages from the upcoming Patamount Park?
    Regardless, however, very poor and rude responses from KM & RD

It's a takeover offer and, in response to other posts, there have been no additional telephone conversations that involved PV.
    The emails don't indicate that a takeover is being proposed. If no other communication has taken place at what point in the last 3 months do you think RD, KM or RM were made aware that this is a takeover proposal? And, how was this fact communicated to them? On here?
  • I'll be there but just for the protest. Will any Lifers be meeting nearby for a pint or two during the game?
  • I'll be there with my two sons and grandson
  • edited December 2015

Glad the picture being painted about good ole muzza is the spineless two faced cowardly bstd that he has shown himself to be, shitting on those who backed him and supported him not just as fans but his close colleagues, gutted when pv left

Lets make one thing clear though id rather those in charge now than someone who wanted us to move from VFR so peter if you are reading or anyone who has his ear dont think that us not being at the valley is a good idea and thst we will all trot merryily along because the current owner is not in favour,

It all seems to contrived to be 100% factual and there are always two sides to a story, for some reason i reckon this one has three or four sides to it,

Only thing is though NLA, is that the way i see it , that , within a few years there will be no Charlton, no Valley, no nuffink-at least not as we know it.
    At least with new owners there is likely to be a Charlton - if that means playing at Peninsular or Swanscombe or The Valley sobeit - i dont believe its a time to be sentimental or nostalgic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just a thought I had which may also affect other people - I will need to park in a different spot on Saturday as the car park I usually park in will have closed by 6 probably. Don't want people thinking of this at 5pm
  • I'll be there but just for the protest. Will any Lifers be meeting nearby for a pint or two during the game?

This is the question I'm toying with. Currently boycotting games, but have decided I have to be there for the protests on Saturday. So do I:

a) Arrive for 5pm protest,
    b) Arrive for 2.30pm protest and go to the game, or
    c) Arrive for 2.30pm protest then bugger off somewhere else and wait for 5pm protest?

If there's something organised inside ground, happy to buy a ticket and join in. Otherwise inclined to just turn up to bolster the numbers for the hour-long protest at 5pm.
  • RDG said:

I'll be there but just for the protest. Will any Lifers be meeting nearby for a pint or two during the game?

This is the question I'm toying with. Currently boycotting games, but have decided I have to be there for the protests on Saturday. So do I:

c) Arrive for 2.30pm protest then bugger off somewhere else and wait for 5pm protest?

If there's something organised inside ground, happy to buy a ticket and join in. Otherwise inclined to just turn up to bolster the numbers for the hour-long protest at 5pm.
    Option B. That way, you protest either end of watching a game that will be so bad it will remind you why you are so angry.

We've several times asked him if we can get to speak directly to RD. His reply was always that RD has appointed KM as CEO, and that he wouldn't welcome anybody going round her about anything.
    I think we have to accept, with sadness, that Murray is now so closely allied to the current regime that he can no longer be considered to have the best interests of the club at heart. I for one do not see him as willing to play any part in getting us out of this hole.
  • mogodon said:

RDG said:

I'll be there but just for the protest. Will any Lifers be meeting nearby for a pint or two during the game?

Option B. That way, you protest either end of watching a game that will be so bad it will remind you why you are so angry.
    Option D.

Protest at 2.30
    Two hours drinking in the boozer whilst we are getting trounced
    Protest at 5.00 with beer in the belly releasing your anger.
  • DA9 said:

Do we actually know for sure, that there was a takeover plan behind PV's approach, or, simply, investment and marketing advantages from the upcoming Patamount Park?

It's a takeover offer and, in response to other posts, there have been no additional telephone conversations that involved PV.
    The emails don't indicate that a takeover is being proposed. If no other communication has taken place at what point in the last 3 months do you think RD, KM or RM were made aware that this is a takeover proposal? And, how was this fact communicated to them? On here?
    Is not the whole point of the communication for them to hear what was proposed from the horse's mouth without filtering it through third parties, Google and ancient feuds? All she had to do was attend a meeting that she offered herself.

Even if she had seriously imagined that PV was proposing to buy an advert in the programme and had approached the club's owner to organise it, on what planet could this ridiculous person be justified in behaving as she did?

Why would there be an essential need for a meeting to facilitate communication about investment interest ? Admittedly unusual but if PV has exhausted all obvious routes to broker investment he could simply send an email directly to RD by- passing RM and KM
    .It could be entitled :"without prejudice and subject to contract" and ought to contain initial proposed heads of terms conditional also on the outcome of due diligence .RD could then either respond to it or ignore it completely for now or forever.
  • ashley said:

DA9 said:

Is not the whole point of the communication for them to hear what was proposed from the horse's mouth without filtering it through third parties, Google and ancient feuds? All she had to do was attend a meeting that she offered herself.

Even if she had seriously imagined that PV was proposing to buy an advert in the programme and had approached the club's owner to organise it, on what planet could this ridiculous person be justified in behaving as she did?

Why would there be an essential need for a meeting to facilitate communication about investment interest ? Admittedly unusual but if PV has exhausted all obvious routes to broker investment he could simply send an email directly to RD by- passing RM and KM
    .It could be entitled :"without prejudice and subject to contract" and ought to contain initial proposed heads of terms conditional also on the outcome of due diligence .RD could then either respond to it or ignore it completely for now or forever.
    Do you think the NHS call centre happened without any meetings? Personally I don't.