Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Saturday, Jan 2nd, 5pm sit-in protest at The Valley.

Comments

• #morethanarestaurant

Better.
  • Not my greatest work but it was an hour better spent than cleaning my fridge... (onto that next zzzz...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxjvNpv5lF8&feature=youtu.be

Good work LFE - I've tweeted the link and stuck it at the top of www.votvonline.com
    Glad it's of use!
  • edited January 2016
    The fact that he contacted the Airman must mean that A) He is reading this site, and B That he is concerned. That is a step in the right direction. Back in the day, he, Varney and Curbs were a great team. I cannot understand why he would not welcome a return to the days when the board and the fans were United as one. What is it that is enjoyable to him in this current situation? or is he just as stubborn and deluded as RD and KM.
  • Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but is anything organised to inform the significant number of supporters attending tomorrow who are not Internet-enabled ?
  • I think he has to decide whether he wants to stay on the side he currently is. I really hope he walks away - for his sake as he currently has picked the wrong side. It is sad to say this, but had he walked away at the same time as Curbs, he would probably have gone down in history as our greatest ever chairman/owner. It isn't money - he has lost a lot of money to the club since then, it is about legacy. When we die, we take none of our money with us. Murray could now be remembered entirely negatively. What a shame that would be.

I have spoken to Richard Murray today. He rang me last night and again this morning, when I was able to respond, and I give him credit for that. I'm not going to relate the conversation in detail as I don't think that would be appropriate, but suffice to say it wasn't a meeting of minds. A lot was about Peter Varney and none of that was new to me.

However, I will say, which in fact I already knew from other sources, that he is supportive of Karel Fraeye and the RD regime in general and does not accept my contention that they are destroying the club. He compared criticism of RD/KM over Fraeye to criticism he got over appointing Curbishley. I pointed out that Curbs did not come from the Belgian third division.

RM says he is willing to talk to Varney and talk to RD about what PV says, but given what else he has to say about PV I don't personally think that is a realistic way forward.
    Unbelievable. I remember clearly how supportive he was of Peeters!

The old fella has got a rivet loose if he is seriously getting behind a bloke that the club haven't officially announced as our permament manager.

He hasn't got the bollox to come out and publicly praise this gang of f****** charlatans. He is as bad as the lot of em and needs to seriously consider his stance and position.

Just what is the game here?

Duchatelet out !
    Meire out !
    Murray out !

• Not my greatest work but it was an hour better spent than cleaning my fridge... (onto that next zzzz...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxjvNpv5lF8&feature=youtu.be

Its good - retweeted
  • edited January 2016
    What's sitting uneasily with me is that people are putting their own personal pride , and differences with each other, dominate what's going on with our club.

We should be talking about the football in a positive way, rather than worrying ourself with side issues.

Surely Richard Murray has the sense to see that in reality he probably won't get his deferred Premiership payments in his lifetime or at all.

Unless he is on the breadline and down to his last million, does he even need the money? Or is it being pigheaded about a point of principle.

I thought Richard was a good man, and had done an awful lot of good over the years for Charlon, he's had more than his fair share of personal trauma, and with hindsight maybe he should have quit whilst he was ahead in the Premiership and sold the club.

For the good of his health and for the amount of upset and stress it causes if I was in his shoes at the moment, I'd take the hit on my lost deferred payment call it another Marcus Bent , and realise that by definition you don't get everything right in business, and that sometimes you just get things wrong, I think noes your time Richard, to put this mess behind you and move on.

Thank you for the good times that you have brought to this club Richard I wish you a happy and peaceful 2016, please do the right thing and see sense.

Prague , I know Richard sometimes frequents this site, but if you were able to pass my message onto him I would appreciate it thank you.

• Sponsored links:

• mogodon said:

RDG said:

I'll be there but just for the protest. Will any Lifers be meeting nearby for a pint or two during the game?

This is the question I'm toying with. Currently boycotting games, but have decided I have to be there for the protests on Saturday. So do I:

a) Arrive for 5pm protest,
    b) Arrive for 2.30pm protest and go to the game, or
    c) Arrive for 2.30pm protest then bugger off somewhere else and wait for 5pm protest?

If there's something organised inside ground, happy to buy a ticket and join in. Otherwise inclined to just turn up to bolster the numbers for the hour-long protest at 5pm.
    Option B. That way, you protest either end of watching a game that will be so bad it will remind you why you are so angry.
    Option D.

Protest at 2.30
    Two hours drinking in the boozer whilst we are getting trounced
    Protest at 5.00 with beer in the belly releasing your anger.
    I must be different to you because i don't need beer to release my anger.
    Just remember we want to hear every ones voice not just the piss heads.

This in for every man, women, and child,plus every CAFC Supporters living or dead.

Let's not screw this opportunity.

• mogodon said:

RDG said:

I'll be there but just for the protest. Will any Lifers be meeting nearby for a pint or two during the game?

This is the question I'm toying with. Currently boycotting games, but have decided I have to be there for the protests on Saturday. So do I:

c) Arrive for 2.30pm protest then bugger off somewhere else and wait for 5pm protest?

If there's something organised inside ground, happy to buy a ticket and join in. Otherwise inclined to just turn up to bolster the numbers for the hour-long protest at 5pm.
    Option B. That way, you protest either end of watching a game that will be so bad it will remind you why you are so angry.
    Option D.

Protest at 2.30
    I must be different to you because i don't need beer to release my anger.
    Just remember we want to hear every ones voice not just the piss heads.

This in for every man, women, and child,plus every CAFC Supporters living or dead.

Let's not screw this opportunity.

Please tell me where I insinuated that is what I would be doing, I'll be watching the game.

You should not make insinuations in life, particularly about people you do not know.
  • mogodon said:

RDG said:

Option D.

Protest at 2.30
    Touche

• mogodon said:

RDG said:

Option D.

Protest at 2.30
    Touche

Yeah, righto.
  • I think it would help the protest if people were a bit pissed. We ran out of songs after about five minutes before Sheff Wed-the alcohol might bring out the creative juices in people whilst making us angrier (if possible) at the same time.

I'll be there and hope to be merry but will keep things clean with no xenophobia nor mentions of STDs.
  • Tricky one. I would certainly be bolder with a free drinks in me, but the accompanying loss of judgement is a worry.
  • edited January 2016
    HandG said:

I think it would help the protest if people were a bit pissed. We ran out of songs after about five minutes before Sheff Wed-the alcohol might bring out the creative juices in people whilst making us angrier (if possible) at the same time.

I'll be there and hope to be merry but will keep things clean with no xenophobia nor mentions of STDs.

Sssssh, people get on their soapbox about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• HandG said:

I think it would help the protest if people were a bit pissed. We ran out of songs after about five minutes before Sheff Wed-the alcohol might bring out the creative juices in people whilst making us angrier (if possible) at the same time.

I tell you why Elfsborg addick ?

Because after having a couple in Bartrams and then having a few more in crossbars against QPR, i fell off the fuc#er !

Didn't mean to come across like a born again, but we could win a battle if not a war, and unlike Richard Dunn i don't want us to score own goals.

Lets stay united for the Athletic.

• HandG said:

Because after having a couple in Bartrams and then having a few more in crossbars against QPR, i fell off the fuc#er !

Didn't mean to come across like a born again, but we could win a battle if not a war, and unlike Richard Dunn i don't want us to score own goals.

Okay, friends again.

Next time you go for a drink choose another gaff, my first round!
  • Sponsored links:

• HandG said:

Okay, friends again.

Next time you go for a drink choose another gaff, my first round!
    I do like a happy ending :wink:
  • One of the saddest things for me about this whole bitter saga is RM, it appears he is just at the club to get his money back (understandably), and allegedly he will say or do anything to facilitate this happening.
    He has taken the Roland shilling and now along with RD, Pinnochio and KF is considered the enemy. The line has been drawn and he is on the other side and after all the great work he has done for the club, for me this is a bad day in our history.
    I will be there for the first protest, I will watch the match and then will join the second protest and I will be calling for RD, KM, CF and sadly RM to piss off.
  • A regular chant of 'Join the protest at 5' would be one way to communicate it to everyone. Who's in charge of that sort of thing?
  • Greenie said:

One of the saddest things for me about this whole bitter saga is RM, it appears he is just at the club to get his money back (understandably), and allegedly he will say or do anything to facilitate this happening.
    He has taken the Roland shilling and now along with RD, Pinnochio and KF is considered the enemy. The line has been drawn and he is on the other side and after all the great work he has done for the club, for me this is a bad day in our history.
    I will be there for the first protest, I will watch the match and then will join the second protest and I will be calling for RD, KM, CF and sadly RM to piss off.

Parasite.
  • Greenie said:

One of the saddest things for me about this whole bitter saga is RM, it appears he is just at the club to get his money back (understandably), and allegedly he will say or do anything to facilitate this happening.

It's strange though isn't it, if it was about getting his money back, he must realise the chances of getting it with this mob is pretty unlikely on the evidence of the last 2 years. Maybe it isn't about the money but they've given him a role that allows him to continue in the director box scene and he doesn't want to give that up. I can't for the life of me believe anyone thinks Fraeye is the man to take us forward, apart from the 2 doughnuts of course.
  • I'll be there, pre and post match. Come on everyone lets make a stance and make tomorrow count.
  • edited January 2016
    @Airman Brown to what degree do you think is Murray aware of the discontent?

Was his call prompted by the mainstream press coverage, the chanting on Monday just gone or are they following Social Media as well?

It may seem like a stupid question, but this lot seem adept at missing the blinding obvious!!

Edit - of course he will have read VOTV - but main question still stands!!!
  • Oakster said:

@Airman Brown to what degree do you think is Murray aware of the discontent?

Was his call prompted by the mainstream press coverage, the chanting on Monday just gone or are they following Social Media as well?

It may seem like a stupid question, but this lot seem adept at missing the blinding obvious!!

Edit - of course he will have read VOTV - but main question still stands!!!

I'm sure he's very aware, but of course until it is takes the form of large numbers protesting in person much of it can easily be dismissed as the preserve of fanatics on message boards, etc, i.e. the 2%.

Incidentally, I think the idea that RM is in it to get his money back is misconceived. He chose to leave money in the club in 2010 (Jimenez takeover) in order to remain on the board. I think it's much more personal in his case.
  • Greenie said:

Parasite.
    Who? Care to elaborate?