Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Media coverage

Comments

• alangee said:

Talksport Drive's daily rant is going to be about Charlton Athletic.

Danny Kelly is standing in for Adrian Durham and 'coming off his long run' for this one apparently.

I believe that this section of the show airs after the 4:30 news (it's definitely before 5pm).

Is there a link to this?
  • LuckyReds said:

So... he had a deal for EUR1.5,000,000 lined up - the club realised it was really for us - and they popped another EUR1,000,000 on it?

If that's the case then I can't actually blame them to be fair, if Championship club was essentially trying to buy your player via a League One club you'd charge them Championship prices. Now the interesting thing here, is surely by that logic it would make sense to inflate your prices whenever one of Roland's clubs is making an offer - because for all you know he's going to be sent to the UK, and flipped for profit like a 3 bedroom house.

I don't agree with that logic. If I am selling a motorbike, it has a certain value. If course there might be two potential purchasers so the price might inflate if they get into an auction. If I negotiate with one person then the price is the price. If I find out that person was buying it for his rich boss, it makes no difference to the price.

It just so happens that I have a superb cafe racer for sale if their are two rich bikers on this forum?
  • LuckyReds said:

So... he had a deal for EUR1.5,000,000 lined up - the club realised it was really for us - and they popped another EUR1,000,000 on it?

If that's the case then I can't actually blame them to be fair, if Championship club was essentially trying to buy your player via a League One club you'd charge them Championship prices. Now the interesting thing here, is surely by that logic it would make sense to inflate your prices whenever one of Roland's clubs is making an offer - because for all you know he's going to be sent to the UK, and flipped for profit like a 3 bedroom house.

I don't agree with that logic. If I am selling a motorbike, it has a certain value. If course there might be two potential purchasers so the price might inflate if they get into an auction. If I negotiate with one person then the price is the price. If I find out that person was buying it for his rich boss, it makes no difference to the price.

It just so happens that I have a superb cafe racer for sale if their are two rich bikers on this forum?
    Decent analogy and I get your point. But... what if your bike was specifically made for racing?

Now of the two race riders who want to by your bike, one has a bigger following than the other - and races in bigger events. If you sell the bike to him you know it's going to be a collectable, and it's price is going to rocket. He looks set to make a tidy profit on your bike if it works out for him.

If you sell it to the other chap though, although he'll still race it - he does race in less prestigious races where there's not really the same amount of money or fame involved - so the price may increase, but not as much.

I've just realised I've completely butchered your good analogy and probably made my point even less clear.. :( I don't know why I didn't just put it this way - if Standard Liege and Real Madrid came in for Harriott, I'd expect Real Madrid to pay more for him. (Enjoy it folks, that's the only time Charlton are going to be compared to Real Madrid for a while..)
  • sammy391 said:

The 'statement' has once again reached our friends in the U.S.!
    http://youtu.be/hntIvKe6tKg

Courtesy of Fox sport

I love her....love her so much
  • alangee said:

Talksport Drive's daily rant is going to be about Charlton Athletic.

Danny Kelly is standing in for Adrian Durham and 'coming off his long run' for this one apparently.

I believe that this section of the show airs after the 4:30 news (it's definitely before 5pm).

Is there a link to this?
    Somebody posted it in the 20,000 people who want Roland out, page on Facebook.
  • LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Decent analogy and I get your point. But... what if your bike was specifically made for racing?

Now of the two race riders who want to by your bike, one has a bigger following than the other - and races in bigger events. If you sell the bike to him you know it's going to be a collectable, and it's price is going to rocket. He looks set to make a tidy profit on your bike if it works out for him.

If you sell it to the other chap though, although he'll still race it - he does race in less prestigious races where there's not really the same amount of money or fame involved - so the price may increase, but not as much.

I've just realised I've completely butchered your good analogy and probably made my point even less clear.. :( I don't know why I didn't just put it this way - if Standard Liege and Real Madrid came in for Harriott, I'd expect Real Madrid to pay more for him. (Enjoy it folks, that's the only time Charlton are going to be compared to Real Madrid for a while..)
    I was lost and then finally understood
  • Just mentioned the beach balls on R5L, Fighting Talk.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Airman Brown just on BBC London and spoke very well about our situation. Apparently no-one from the club was available for comment!
  • Trust the bloody Sun to pick up that leeds have done it! Then again , perhaps leeds and Charlton could unite before and after the game in a few weeks?!
  • No significant media coverage of yesterdays disruption of sponsors event.Disappointing
  • timken said:

No significant media coverage of yesterdays disruption of sponsors event.Disappointing

I think after the attacks in Brussels , any further coverage showing disruption to Belgians (RD & KM) would be a little in bad taste
  • timken said:

Nationality not relevant here.Should we stop protesting cos of nationality?We want them out cos of their policy not their nationality

Totally agree , but to make it the 'audience' could take it a different way - especially if miere uses her supposed lawyer skills and turns it back around on us!
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

timken said:

Nationality not relevant here.Should we stop protesting cos of nationality?We want them out cos of their policy not their nationality

Totally agree , but to make it the 'audience' could take it a different way - especially if miere uses her supposed lawyer skills and turns it back around on us!
    Wide of the mark I believe. Nothing to do with being Belgian, just not a good enough story for the nationals. We know that this was a potentially significant moment in the history of our club, the media doesn't yet.
  • sammy391 said:

timken said:

especially if miere uses her supposed lawyer skills
    I won't be holding my breath!
  • sammy391 said:

The 'statement' has once again reached our friends in the U.S.!
    http://youtu.be/hntIvKe6tKg

Courtesy of Fox sport

If that woman can get it, why can't the Rat and Pinocchio?
  • I don't think any of the media have suggested that we`re protesting against them cos of their nationality. If meire ever used it as a argument I think everyone will see right through it and it would make her look even more desperate and petty.
  • Media coverage is fleeting by its nature; it has ultimately had no impact on RD's position.
    'They had a coffin. So what?'

• I think the origin of this line of discussion was that in view of the atrosities in begium less than a week ago we ought not to be disrespecting the belgian nation.We should focus on the fools that run our club.So lets focus on their stupidity rather than the fact that they are from belgium.