Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Fans Protest Fund - Update and call for requests for funding

As of 4pm on 4 January, only 32 hours after launch, the fighting fund has already reached £2310. We know of other further pledges that will be added soon.

What an amazing, generous response! Thank you all so much to those who have donated, and also to those who have been in touch to pledge support and a donation soon.

We are now, therefore, in a position to “open for business”. We are pleased to now invite CL members who are planning/organising protests and would like financial support to get in touch. This is what you have to do and what happens next:

1. Do not post any details on CL.

2. PM @Davo55 and @Curb-It simply to tell us you are planning a protest and provide your personal email address.

3. Davo55 will email the given address and seek a statement which must give:
- the name of the protest campaign/initiative/activity (if there is one)
- a brief description of the planned protest with dates
- how much funding is sought and for what specific purpose, itemised to a reasonable level

Note: Please include sufficient detail to satisfy us that the protest will be legal in all respects. If this is in doubt we will not be able to agree the request

4. On receipt of that information, Davo55 and Curb_It will confer and decide whether to agree the request, and if so, with how much i.e. full or partial funding depending on the case put forward, amount requested and amount of funds available. The aim is to get sufficient detail in the initial statement but we would seek further clarity if required.

5. The decision and any offer of funding will be emailed back to the protest planner/organiser. The funding may only be used for the activity and purpose given in the statement. Any unused funds must be advised to Davo55 and Curb_It and returned to the fund as soon as possible. The legality and overall conduct of the protest activity will be the sole responsibility of the protest planner/organiser. The protest planner/organiser will be required to formally acknowledge and accept these requirements.

Please keep the donations flowing in. You can contribute to the fund by bank transfer to:

Brenda Smith
Sort code 20-68-04
Account number 50661678

Please give your CL user name as a reference and PM us, so we can identify you as the donor.

Those wishing to use PayPal should PM Curb_It for details.

Thanks again for all the generous donations and support.

Alan (Davo55) and Brenda (Curb_It)

Comments

• I have a donation from a Graham T and a Jayne B.
    If you could message me if you are a user on here.

Also some of you still need to learn how to use the inbox rather than posting on the activity wall.

• Anyway today's total stands at £2,630.

You are all very generous.

• will add to that soonest but my online banking has been down for two days
  • Might be worth mentioning the money raised thus far to the press?
  • Curb_It said:

Anyway today's total stands at £2,630.

You are all very generous.

@Curb_It Jayne B isn't a member. Dropped you an email about it. She saw about the fund on twitter (probably from CASTrust) and wanted to help.
  • Flurry of activity this afternoon makes the new total of £2,940.
    thanks all.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Davo55, I agree with your viewpoint, lets get the fund to grow and use it for at least one 'protest idea' it will be a better story with more substance
  • edited January 2016
    Mentioned in a separate thread but , heres the response from 'signkick' regarding their sites/billboards and whether they'd allow us to use them...

There is no problem with voicing an opinion as long as it isn’t slanderous or untrue. you can use our online booking platform to search for sites, simply click on the search panels button at the top of our home page and follow the instructions through a short email verification process.
    Once you’ve found your sites simply pop them in your basket and complete the booking just like any other online shop. once you’ve done this we’ll send you artwork delivery specs which show you how your artwork should be sent to us so we can print it.

Be aware that if the site is on land owned by the club they will as the landlord have the right to aske for it to be removed. so aim for something close by and not on the building or land around the stadium. you can also find guidelines from the ASA (advertising standards authority) website to help you circumvent any challenges to your designs.

A reasonable amount of billboards/sites around Charlton and Greenwich , but a few of interest :

685 woolwich way - £727PW available from 15th Feb

Anchor & Hope lane junc Bugsby way - £248PW available from 29th Feb
  • I wonder if the local bus stops wouldn't be better value for money? Not that I can get the website to work properly on the mobile...but £727 seems like a lot if instead every bus stop as you walk up Woolwich road in both directions and also up Church Lane all have full sized posters instead?
  • Davo55 said:

TEL said:

Might be worth mentioning the money raised thus far to the press?

@TEL @Airman Brown My thought was that it might be a better story a) when the fund had grown a bit larger and b) we can say about something we have done with the money. What do you think? Also copying @Airman Brown for a view please?

Edit: I'll take Airman's "like" as agreement with my view. Other views would be welcome though.
    Happy to go with the general consensus Alan, it was just a thought....
  • stonemuse said:

will add to that soonest but my online banking has been down for two days

the 21st century version of "the cheques in the post"

: - )
    You must have spurred him HI.
    Thanks StoneM. Generous donation received

Is there a poster on her with the initials J A H?

• Curb_It said:

stonemuse said:

Haile Selassie
    Very subtle, Henry. :-)
  • We are up to £3,390 as of half hour ago.

Thanks everyone.
  • Curb_It said:

stonemuse said:

Haile Selassie
    Jimmy Arse Hasselbank
  • Curb_It said:

stonemuse said:

Haile Selassie
    Very subtle, Henry. :-)
    Jah no dead
  • Sponsored links:

• Time to bulk up that war chest. Will sort a little something out tomorrow to keep the ball rolling. Do we have a thread for people to propose ideas? We want to make sure we spend the right amount of money on the right things, majority on the bigger operations etc.
  • As of this morning, the protest fund is up to £3682. Many thanks to all who have donated so far. That will make a big difference to some of the protest activities being planned. Thanks also to those who have contacted us to offer support and tell us a donation will follow on pay-day!

After yesterday, others might be thinking of chipping in too. Just as a reminder, you can contribute to the fund by bank transfer to:

Brenda Smith
    Sort code 20-68-04
    Account number 50661678

Please give your CL user name as a reference and PM us, so we can identify you as the donor.

Those wishing to use PayPal should PM Curb_It for details.

Many thanks again to all who have given. Let's try and get the total above £4000 in the next few days.
  • We are £49 shy of £4,000 can someone push that over for us. Thanks

I will update again on Monday now.

Thanks again everyone.
  • The CAFC and CL family always come good!
  • T shirts baseball caps scarves Kalashnikovs sorted.
    I am drunk though.
  • The CAFC and CL family always come good!

Thanks to generous people like yourselves and many many others.

• Well done us!