Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Fans Protest Fund - Update and call for requests for funding

Comments

• A suggestion for fundraising/publicity.

A peel-off sticker for car rear windows (or any Windows).

Above We Want Our Charlton Back is the Charlton crest with the sword turned sideways to 2 o'clock and extending out of the crest.

On the tip of the sword sits a laughing Katrien with camera.

After the first 10,000 stickers have been sold locally at a pound pop, perhaps a second run in French for distribution in Belgium?
  • I like the idea of the car stickers, spread the word a bit further afield that way, also includes people that don't live locally. Car stickers are easy to post out.
  • We had the "show me the way to go home" TShirts years ago, how about producing a few hundred anti RD ones to make a few extra pounds? There must be a pro Charlton printer in the area.
  • Another idea might be to take out an advertising hoarding at the Valley for a televised match. It might be preaching to the choir but it sure would cause a stir.
  • edited January 2016
    How about getting papers printed to be held up at an areanged time- remember Hartlepool at home when we won league one!?
    Could be given out before people enter the ground and would be cheap to produce...

Or alternatively , how about selling 'shares' to a protest group... Could raise a substantial amount of money with the possibility of the new group/company working with/alongside potential investors

Another idea would be to produce adverts to be played on Belgian TV- no idea what kind of fees would be involved but would help reach RDs family and the wider community as well as a lot of attention here

Or we could use Blackpool as inspiration , and throw Belgian waffles or 'Charlton restaurant menus' onto the pitch during a home game?

Another idea would be to produce masks for people to wear - not too sure who the subject of the mask would be (possibly Peter varney) - or alternatively a more substantial mask https://www.firebox.com/product/6077/Freak-Masks

Could also sell prints of Nug's brilliant posters to raise funds
  • cafckev said:

We had the "show me the way to go home" TShirts years ago, how about producing a few hundred anti RD ones to make a few extra pounds? There must be a pro Charlton printer in the area.

Excellent idea
  • sammy391 said:

Another idea would be to produce adverts to be played on Belgian TV- no idea what kind of fees would be involved but would help reach RDs family and the wider community as well as a lot of attention here

This. Take the fight closer to 'home'.
  • Bump!
    Any more movement on this ? Need more focus
  • Could we not make contact with some former players agents to ask if they will wear the black and white scarf holding a "we want our Charlton back" sign. :-O
  • Why do we want the agents wearing scarves? Who's looking at them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks to Mick P if you post on here, donation safely received.

• Why isnt this a sticky thread?
  • We are 9/2 to win at Huddersfield. How about put the £4000 on that would give us an £18000 profit !

Well, I took you up on your suggestion and we're now back to £1. Thanks a bunch.

Being a cautious soul, I ignored your suggestion :-)

If I was braver, I might have lumped it on Hudds to win 5-0. Though that was probably short odds.

• Please keep donating.

Brenda Smith
    Sort code 20-68-04
    Account number 50661678

Please give your CL user name as a reference and PM us, so we can identify you as the donor.

Those wishing to use PayPal should PM me for details.
  • edited January 2016
    Are flares, machettes, bandanas and bayonets a viable appeal for funding?
  • Why not rifles as well?
  • Sponsored links:

• Carriage clock for Karel perhaps
  • Hopefully you will have received a message all those of you that just donated.
    And thanks to whoevers surname starts Fai, your money has also been safely received.
  • Figure currently stands at £4616. I have a feeling we might go over the 5k very soon.

I will update further tomorrow as wont be checking the banking again until tomorrow morning.

Thank you everyone.

• £5K should be enough for Big Rob and his shooters to nip up to say hello and a very definite good bye to Roland
  • How about producing some anti-regime t-shirts? Just need someone to design them and sell them on matchdays or even online?
  • Lots of protest ideas being worked on but none, that I know of, involve weapons, ammunition, or a murderous assault on the owner or his puppets :wink:
  • Think this needs to be a sticky thingy

There were 1200 people on the site the other day, if everyone could try to put in a tenner that would be£12000, a tidy fighting fund,

so powers that be leave this on the front page
  • Thanks for the support @palcafc

There's a load of "stickies" at present so i can understand the occasional clean up - bit we'll keep on updating this thread it so it stays fresh.

You're right about the donations. Anyone who hasn't yet donated, wants Roland and his regime out, and can afford anything at all - your donations will be gratefully received and put to good use - I can promise you.