Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Fans Protest Fund - Update and call for requests for funding

Comments

• Options

How about t-shirts made all standing together makes huge banner like Roland out and we Want our Charlton back.

T shirts with big bold individual letters given to people in order next to each other but scattered groups around all the stands.

Bit chilly for T shirts this time of year? :smile:

Seriously, I get the idea. Could be tricky getting enough people in a row to agree to put one on. Near me in the East Stand there's a whole batch of people to my left who don't stand up for the protest singing, and to the right is usually deserted.

We have a CARD meeting this week and will be discussing the ideas posted on her or PMd to one of us.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

How about t-shirts made all standing together makes huge banner like Roland out and we Want our Charlton back.

T shirts with big bold individual letters given to people in order next to each other but scattered groups around all the stands.

Bit chilly for T shirts this time of year? :smile:

Seriously, I get the idea. Could be tricky getting enough people in a row to agree to put one on. Near me in the East Stand there's a whole batch of people to my left who don't stand up for the protest singing, and to the right is usually deserted.

We have a CARD meeting this week and will be discussing the ideas posted on her or PMd to one of us.
    They would need to be big enough to put over a jumper or even coat. I think there will be enough people who would participate, especially in north upper.
  • Options
    Davo and curb-it having a party
    bring your vodka and your charlie

Only joshing, great work everyone.
  • Options
    Absolutely love the stickers, don't suppose you'd know if there's a way I could get my hands on some?

I reckon there's money to be made for the fund out of 'Roland Out' & 'We Want Our Charlton Back' merch. I'd rather spend money on buying a jumper with the 'Roland Out' logo pictured above rather than a new replica shirt for example. Obviously it would take someone who knows what they're doing to organise it, but as I said I reckon a website with that sort of stuff on it would help raise further funds and get the message out further.
  • Options

Absolutely love the stickers, don't suppose you'd know if there's a way I could get my hands on some?

Inbox me as I have a few sheets left from Saturday

• Options

I reckon there's money to be made for the fund out of 'Roland Out' & 'We Want Our Charlton Back' merch. I'd rather spend money on buying a jumper with the 'Roland Out' logo pictured above rather than a new replica shirt for example. Obviously it would take someone who knows what they're doing to organise it, but as I said I reckon a website with that sort of stuff on it would help raise further funds and get the message out further.

I've got some too if you need more. I've a feeling we might want to do a fresh batch of these before too long.

Merchandising the material sounds good but is also quite daunting in terms of managing the production/distribution/finance aspects. Could be tax implications too if it gets too formal. A few of us are already spending quite a lot of time on all this.
  • Options

Inbox me as I have a few sheets left from Saturday

Brilliant, thanks, will do.
    Davo55 said:

I've got some too if you need more. I've a feeling we might want to do a fresh batch of these before too long.

Merchandising the material sounds good but is also quite daunting in terms of managing the production/distribution/finance aspects. Could be tax implications too if it gets too formal. A few of us are already spending quite a lot of time on all this.
    Thanks. Thought it might be an issue. Cheers for the hard work you're doing already.
  • Options
    My stickers left my coat near the end and can now be found stuck within the ground, hope the cleaners enjoy, will be interesting to see of its still there at the next game.
  • Options
    Great effort all. Payday Thursday so will be contributing then. I was late Saturday and was unable to get a scarf. Is there plans for more at all ?
  • Options
    Brilliant work...great stickers, mats, leaflets and banners. I'll be contributing at the end of this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Great effort all. Payday Thursday so will be contributing then. I was late Saturday and was unable to get a scarf. Is there plans for more at all ?

I'm not sure mate. PM @Henry Irving and @Addickted2TheReds and they can advise.
  • Options

Not at the moment. If you want one you can get one quickly from Ebay or from the stall opposite the club shop.

Otherwise we have to wait until someone gives us another £1800. Would do it but other demands on funds now.
  • Options
    Will be putting in more in tomorrow. I will keep doing what I can monthly until they are gone.
  • Options
    Billboard on Ransom Walk needs doing
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

I bet that deep down Katrien & Co are thinking "shit, these people just don't give up"

and they are right, we won't.

They have seriously underestimated Charlton fans.

I wonder what makes KM think we're not up for a long drawn out fight? She's been watching the matches.
  • Options
    We need to find collection boxes for next match!!! People are very giving!!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that a license from either the metropolitan police or the local authority is required (1 month at least to obtain) before collections can be taken.

I've only looked at a few sites but they seem pretty clear on this.

We could also consider registering as a charity because then donations get boosted by gift aid.

Both routes require substantially more time and red tape than is currently the case.

• Options
    Correct Neil. I'm not an expert but would be surprised if what is essentially a pressure group could qualify as a charity. Looking at JustGiving as a payment option, we would have only qualified for the crowd-funding service.

The other problem with cash donations is simply managing the cash. We are just fans really, and we can hardly take buckets of coins and notes into the stadium. If a few fans insisted on giving me a fiver when I was handing out leaflets that would be OK - I would just pay them over to @Curb_It and we would call them Anonymous Donation. But to do it on an organised basis is a big deal.
  • Options
    To register as a charity, there are some reasonably high hurdles that would require a slight reprinting if the funds. Getting Roland out, isn't going to cut it as a charitable statement.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/what-makes-a-charity-cc4/what-makes-a-charity-cc4#part-3-about-the-descriptions-of-purposes

However under the description of acceptable purposes, a case can be made for:

e) community development of there is a strong community angle to the aims

g) the advancement of amateur sport if there is a strong view that the current regime is hampering amateur sport development in the area.

I think this may be a long shot though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If anyone has any of this spare merchandise they can send me by mail to Sydney Id be happy to pay the postage.If we can get the t shirt idea off the ground it would be good to get fans over here taking photos wearing them in iconic locations such as the Harbour Bridge and Opera House. Failing that if the designers of the various artwork's can pdf me, I'll get a t shirt done over here or maybe a flag.
  • Options
    @TEL

The Card group are meeting tomorrow and I intend to raise the question of merchandising. If there's a way we can get money for the great work done so far, especially by @Nug, without making it a cottage industry, that would be great. Less formally, the idea of allowing the CARD artwork to be used by Lifers to spread the message is attractive too. Leave it with me.
  • Options
    Thanks mate, keep me posted...will make another donation shortly.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

@TEL

The Card group are meeting tomorrow and I intend to raise the question of merchandising. If there's a way we can get money for the great work done so far, especially by @Nug, without making it a cottage industry, that would be great. Less formally, the idea of allowing the CARD artwork to be used by Lifers to spread the message is attractive too. Leave it with me.

As an alternative to t-shirts , how about black armbands with the CARD logo and a slogan on them ... Would show we're up for a fight (peacefully of course!) but also link to their use in football - to remember and to show unity...

Could be worn over coats in the winter etc and could be very popular - would imagine their cheap to produce and could charge between £5-£10
  • Options
    Duchatelet with squirrel face on puppet strings with the Belgian flag as a background.

This would make for a cracking t-shirt.

Cost £5 and sell for £10, people get a t-shirt and the 'fighting fund' profits.
  • Options
    Any idea how much badges would cost instead of stickers, just chep plastic ones but they may last longer than stickers?
  • Options
    while giving out stickers I was offered money for the fund by 1 fan but didn't like to take it - would be good to know what to do in such situations, I told him to go on line to CL, should I have taken the money and passed it on?
  • Options

My youngest came back from school wearing one on his lapel....he's wearing it in now going in this morning.

Maybe produce some lapel badges?

good idea
  • Options
    edited January 2016

while giving out stickers I was offered money for the fund by 1 fan but didn't like to take it - would be good to know what to do in such situations, I told him to go on line to CL, should I have taken the money and passed it on?

Morning @lancashire lad

Good question. To be honest we hadn't really thought through this possibility. I think your answer was the correct one at the time but for future occasions I think we can ask all those issuing material to accept donations and then either pass to me or Curb_It on the day (problems re where exactly we are at any given time) or pay it in to their own bank accounts and then make a transfer over to the Protest Fund bank account. In such cases we would record the donors as "anonymous" rather than attribute it to the collector - simply so we are able to track how much comes through this route.