Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Fans Protest Fund - Update and call for requests for funding

Comments

• Options

Any idea how much badges would cost instead of stickers, just chep plastic ones but they may last longer than stickers?

My niece got a badge making kit from someone at Christmas maybe I could borrow that
  • Options
    you could do it the old fashion way and just have a collection bucket?
  • Options
    If I haven't messaged you privately to confirm receipt and you have made a donation just send me a message if you would like confirmation.
    Just a couple of names that im not familiar with.

But thanks everyone.

• Options
    Why not include the details on how to fund the protests in the leaflets given out?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    If you want some enamel badges made then let me know. I got some done for the museum and the quality was very good.

All I would need is a hi res copy of the logo and permission.
  • Options
    What about using something like this https://teespring.com/ to print some T-Shirts/Jumpers?
  • Options

What about using something like this https://teespring.com/ to print some T-Shirts/Jumpers?

Something like this..??

• Options
    Jarman said:

I do believe the protest fund money would be much better spent than on T-shirts or jumpers.

Firstly, it's too cold, and secondly it could easily be confused for a Charlton shirt, the scarves are prominent not only for the message associated with them but the unusual black and white , it attracts attention, RED shirts wouldn't.

Agree with your comments but the t shirt could easily be changed to a sweat shirt. It could also be a sign of willing to buy a shirt but not a shirt from the regime. the design is meant to be a parody of the home shirt as that describes the current owners perfectly

It was just a idea at the end of the day from SE10 in which I explored. I am sure there a several better and not so better ideas floating out there. Best to explore everything I say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just my thoughts but decent badges (that actually exist unlike the mythical CL ones) would be great and might work out cheaper than reprints of stickers.

Whatever the money is spent on must serve several purposes. Not only to show support for the CARD inside and around the ground but also with an eye on the wider media. The billboard suggestions are great if potentially expensive but have the advantage that once done photos can be tweeted to the press or whoever instantly. A simultaneous billboard in an appropriate location a bit closer to Roland's secret Bond villain headquarters would be even more newsworthy and likely to get wider coverage.

Alternatively we could just drop a couple of Lifers behind enemy lines with a few prepared bedsheet style banners and a map of Roland's route to the office...
  • Options
    Guys - just to say that I regularly review this thread and many others (though not all) for protest ideas. I'm keeping a record of them and they are reviewed when there is a CARD meeting. Some will fly, some won't (for lots of reasons), but the creativity is much appreciated.

Of course, the Protest Fund was started before CARD and @Curb_It and I could approve funding to make the ideas a reality without going through a CARD meeting - but it makes sense to tie all the activities and plans together as much as possible.

If anyone has an idea that they really want to take forward, take ownership of and do the work to make it happen. PM me and we can talk about it and whether it looks like a possible idea for funding. If we talk before you do a lot of work, best all round. If I think it's a possible candidate for funding I can then advise on putting your case forward in the best/easiest way.
  • Options
    What about a plane banner? Quite expensive but they always get attention. Could do it for the Charlton Reading game as the attendance should be high.
  • Options

What about a plane banner? Quite expensive but they always get attention. Could do it for the Charlton Reading game as the attendance should be high.

Not feasible due to air space restrictions. Too near City airport.
  • Options
    I thought one match day protest could be circus themed. Simple clown masks, revolving bow ties etc and it would keep the face painters busy, unless they're on the official club suppliers FLASH PROTEST banned list. Surely some BIG TOP music to accompany the protests could be arranged. The press would love it.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

That's me all out of ideas then
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Something like this..??

Surely it would better if it had 'University of Life' with 'Charlton' in a different type slotted in between 'of' and 'Life'
  • Options

I took over 100 quid in donations for one box of scarves.

Does that sound like you were carrying on a taxable trade there H ?
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Something like this..??

Surely it would better if it had 'University of Life' with 'Charlton' in a different type slotted in between 'of' and 'Life'
    You can do what ever you need, in what ever colour you want.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Does that sound like you were carrying on a taxable trade there H ?
    please stop
  • Options
    https://www.clothes2order.com/

Used this site to mock up a t-shirt. 500 large red ones would cost approximately £1173.

It says "WE WANT OUR CLUB BACK #ROLANDOUT"

With the following line layout:

WE WANT OUR
    CLUB BACK
    #ROLANDOUT

Definitely would be clear enough to see around and about. Obviously when it came to wearing them, the club has the right to refuse entry yada yada, but there we go.

If enough people think this is a good idea, then possibly a good idea to apportion some funding towards it. I have to say that I certainly don't have the financial capital to sort this myself (even though I presume should this be approved then the fund would be allocated accordingly, but it would require me invoicing in some way I guess), so... yeah.

That's an idea and one that's not too expensive per shirt.
  • Options

I thought one match day protest could be circus themed. Simple clown masks, revolving bow ties etc and it would keep the face painters busy, unless they're on the official club suppliers FLASH PROTEST banned list. Surely some BIG TOP music to accompany the protests could be arranged. The press would love it.

Palace would love that.
  • Options
    Personally like the idea of black and white scarves with "Roland Out" upon them.
  • Options

Don't forget a handout for your brother who had to work twice as hard on the stickers and flyers for a while :wink:
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Blimp? Mobile billboard - feasible in both countries if cost allows.

• Options
    I think the black and white scarves will work far better as they will stand out.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

TEL said:

Might be worth mentioning the money raised thus far to the press?

Other views would be welcome though.
    My financial situation means I can't contribute but I agree with y
    PaddyP17 said:

https://www.clothes2order.com/

Used this site to mock up a t-shirt. 500 large red ones would cost approximately £1173.

It says "WE WANT OUR CLUB BACK #ROLANDOUT"

With the following line layout:

WE WANT OUR
    CLUB BACK
    #ROLANDOUT

Definitely would be clear enough to see around and about. Obviously when it came to wearing them, the club has the right to refuse entry yada yada, but there we go.

If enough people think this is a good idea, then possibly a good idea to apportion some funding towards it. I have to say that I certainly don't have the financial capital to sort this myself (even though I presume should this be approved then the fund would be allocated accordingly, but it would require me invoicing in some way I guess), so... yeah.

That's an idea and one that's not too expensive per shirt.

I think selling them for a profit towards the protest fund would be a better idea if it's possible.
    £1173/500 works out at £2.35 per t shirt. I'd happily (among others I assume) pay £10 for one. Giving a £7.17 profit per shirt. Generates another £3585 towards the cause.
  • Options
    A great idea of t-shirts and also badges.

I think these would be popular, not too much outlay and certain to sell well and make more money for the fund and other ideas.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

If you want some enamel badges made then let me know. I got some done for the museum and the quality was very good.

All I would need is a hi res copy of the logo and permission.

Agreed, a very good idea.