Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Could THEY still win YOU back?

Comments

• Options

Yes for me. A great deal needs to be done to get the fans back onside, including reviewing the selection of manager, and getting a CEO that understands the passion that supporters have for the club. Roland needs to select employees based on their ability and not on their nationality.

If RD wants to carry on, then K.M should be replaced. But how can someone who doesn't even watch us sort this mess out?
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    An emphatic NO!

There has been no way back for them since they gave my seat to Bournemouth supporters.
  • Options
    Yes but only if KM & KF both left and RD decided to go the traditional route, employ qualified staff at all levels including a respected manager with a reasonable budget, nothing massive but enough for the manager to build his team, a team he has complete or majority control on who the player budget is spent on.

I don't want some exciting new plan or business model, I just want a simple regular football club to support.
  • Options
    No not really.
  • Options
    Yes, but they won't.
  • Options
    So to be clear, it is actually a no from me as the only way is if RD became a completely different type of owner, which with his ego is never going to happen, so the sooner they leave the better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, they have shown in their tenure how far removed they are from the fans, they just don't get it, they never will.
  • Options
    The experience of Standard Liege shows that he isn't going to change policy, so it's no.
    Besides, I hate the whole factory farm concept and the meaningless platitude "Competitive Championship club with Premier League ambition" totally devoid of plan, intent and credibility.
    As soon as I heard of the Peter Varney interest I knew we could dream again - yes there can be life after death.
    I want a club that wants to strive for the top, achieve the best they can and take us with them - then I can stomach the failures and trips to League One and just smile ruefully and think that's our Charlton
  • Options
    Heart says no to both
    Head says deffo, RD only just change policy. KM can do one whatever happens.
  • Options
    The minimum for me would be a complete turn around from RD, investment in the team, a new CEO with minimum football league experiance, new manger who has had experiance at Championship or equivalent and Murray gone.

But none of that will realistically happen so can't see me renewing season tickets for my family next season.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    No, no, a thousand times no.
  • Options
    In reality even if he did bring in an experienced championship manager, a new CEO and all the frilly bits in between you could never ever trust him.

From his first interview when he bought the club it was made pretty clear of what his investment would look like. I seem too remember when he was asked what message he had for the fans he quoted similar to "don't be angry when we sell players".

Katrien has tucked herself up spectacularly with her recent interview, but let's not forget she's just plays the tune she's been told. I'm sure Katrien would love nothing more than us too spend 20mill on players, hire Alan Curbishley and for us to go and live happily ever after.

We're continental football experiment, he will never view 'us' as anything else.
  • Options

Yes but it would require a complete policy change and actions not words over two or three transfer windows as well as a sensible managerial appointment.

Ditto
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    99.9% no.

Does a leopard change its spots ?
  • Options
    No thanks - sod off Belgians.
  • Options
    Rolands got 6 or so 'kids' hasn't he, not sure what ages they are and whether they are interested in running dads business, but we could be stuck with the Duchalets for generations!
  • Options
    Yes.

Takes cover.
  • Options
    No retreat whilst Roland refutes reality, reason and rationale
  • Options

No because they will never change. The sooner they are gone the better. One day this will all seem like a bad dream but at the moment until we get them out we will continue in this NightMeire scenario. By the way spoke to a Belgian bloke who was a Standard fan about 3 weeks ago and he said there was talk of kidnapping RD before he sold up.

Not advocating this action necessarily but does anyone know what the rumoured "final straw" was that drove Roly poly out of SL? Just wondering if we could shortcut toba similar course of action here?
  • Options
    Yes .. I don't care who owns the club so long as they show a degree of competence and that they understand the machinations and mechanics of English football .. AND the team shows some cohesion on the field with determinable tactics, players giving their all and a reasonable degree of success. The Championship is a VERY hard division, if we can hold our own whilst showing gradual improvement that will do for me, look at all the 'bigger' clubs who find Champ life very hard.

I am still hoping that Duchatelet is learning that his approach to player recruitment and managerial selection is wrong .. we will find out the answer to that very soon
    It seems that the club's finances are under control and that a few improvements have been made to the valley .. I don't know about either as I will not be making my first valley visit this season until February ..
    I don't think Duchatelet has any 'evil' intent towards CAFC, he's paid his money, done his thing, it's not working, we'll see if he is prepared to change. If he does and it's for the better, that will be OK so far as I am concerned'

I think that a lot of the abuse and comments about Duchatelet and Miere are well over the top but you pays your money and does as you please .. old cliché .. better the devil you know etc. etc.
  • Options
    I doubt it very much.
  • Options
    If there was a complete turnaround in policy, KM leaves and they start employing experienced/qualified managers and the player merry go round stops, maybe but it isn't going to happen, you can't tell Roly anything, he knows it all.
  • Options
    Yes. But it would require action - not a promise - of the magnitude of Curbs being brought in as manager on his terms. Which will never happen.

So no, tot ziens.