Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Could THEY still win YOU back?

Comments

• Options
    Meire needs to go for generally insulting fans and proving she lacks any form of competence needed. She cannot continue as CEO; she lacks the necessary tools

Fraye needs to go because he's inept at both tactics and player scouting and in fact pretty much every attribute which makes a good manager

RD - he needs a complete change in direction. It wont happen but if it did I could get on board with him staying. In reality its time for him to sell.
  • Options
    Any removal vans at the Valley today?
  • Options
    Roland says he can't compete with thousands of football fans sounding off on the internet, so they get dismissed, he reckons everybody has the wrong approach to civil life so he tries to form a political party, he says Alan Turing was a misunderstood genius like him, and he has been telling us stuff all along but we just won't listen. Roland says football has got it all wrong and ihe s riding to the rescue.
    This looks to me like a man who brooks no opposition to his world view, and he can dismiss dissent with a wave of the hand. Roland is right whatever. This is what we're up against and I fear Karel and Katrien are already brainwashed.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I guess they're just finalising the latest PowerPoint presentation, making sure that the animations all work properly, ensuring that KM's strings are hidden etc etc.
  • Options
    yes, but only if they give me their money and I run the club for them. what's the worse that could happen?
  • Options

No.

Murray potentially could if he walked now or disclosed something in the future that made me sympathetic as to his position. But KM and RD are a stain on the history of OUR great club and insult to its supporters.

As Marjorie said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWNHFi4-7eo

Cringe
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    PL54 said:

North Korea seem to have cash to burn at the moment - they could probably convince RD to sell.

At least we would win matches under The North Korean regime,
    With 100% agreement among staff and fans Where the FA cup and Championship title would be a Given ?

Well according to our new head of Comms: Wi Won Loads.
  • Options
    Ok, let me throw a scenario in

RD is a data man, and not a talking man. This much we know.

He is sitting there looking at his KPIs for his clubs

Ujpest, Alcorcon and Jena are all doing better than last season on the pitch, and to the best of my knowledge, fan unrest is either dying down (Ujpest), sorted (Jena) or never existed (Alcorcon). I don't know but I believe all three are showing increases at the gate too (albeit modest). Certainly at Jena.

Then he looks at Charlton. Alone among the four, this one, the biggest, is a disaster on the field, revenue from match day is rapidly falling too, and the protests are reaching the Belgian media.

What would you do, in his shoes?

And if he does what I think most of you would do, for the reasons outlined above, then what?
  • Options
    But @PragueAddick, CAFC is now the jewel in his (admittedly pretty cheap) crown and his thinking comes second to his ego and the belief he knows best. Always. My fear is he has deep pockets allied to that self-belief and he will carry on regardless, convinced he is right and so his ideas will work so the fans will come flooding back and success on the field is guaranteed
  • Options
    Would you mind having this one as a head coach ? He's free for the moment ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Ceulemans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    skywalker said:

He used to be in charge of a club that sounds like Dense? - Get.him.in!!!!
  • Options

skywalker said:

He used to be in charge of a club that sounds like Dense? - Get.him.in!!!!
    I understand you would prefer a British manager, but still ... Jan Ceulemans would be a lot better compared with KF . And he's the opposite of an "yes man" ...
  • Options
    Well they just lost a couple of points...
  • Options
    What ever chance there was this morning, it's gone now.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    skywalker said:

Yes I would mind. Yet another Belgian with no experience of English football. How about a manager (of any nationality) that has some decent experience of English football? I don't think it's too much to ask ffs.
  • Options

What ever chance there was this morning, it's gone now.

This..with knobs on!!!
  • Options

If Roland sacked Katrien, got a proper manager that knows the league, got a proper chief scout and got a director of football (and let them run the football side), while investing smartly in the transfer market (not just in this window), then yes.

Unfortunately there is more chance of me sleeping with Mila Kunis than all that happening.

So, realistically, no. I'm done.

Roland, Katrien and Karel ... it's time to go.

Totally agree with this.

Katrien has to go. I'm genuinely surprised she hasn't already. She's looking more stupid with each passing day of silence.

Roland can still make it a success. He won't, so I wish he would give up, but if he chose to do the Curbs/ Powell/ five-year investment plan then I'd be perfectly happy to let him.
  • Options

If Roland sacked Katrien, got a proper manager that knows the league, got a proper chief scout and got a director of football (and let them run the football side), while investing smartly in the transfer market (not just in this window), then yes.

Unfortunately there is more chance of me sleeping with Mila Kunis than all that happening.

So, realistically, no. I'm done.

Roland, Katrien and Karel ... it's time to go.

After today's speech from the bunker, add Murray to the list
  • Options
    After today's "statement". No, they will never win me back under any circumstance. The damage is irreparable. Roland, Katrien, David, Richard, and Karel must all go!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    They may talk the talk but they will never walk the walk. It's a NO from me.
  • Options
    They're not going to change so it's a no from me.

Club has been a shambles since Curbs left. The ludicrous appointment of Dowie started it - RM has to take a lot of the blame not just the current owner.
  • Options
    For me yes they can.

For me the strategy they outlined is fine, providing they stick to it. Not fussed about spending loads in an attempt to go up. But i want us to be being competitive like Bournemouth or Watford were on a smallish budget selling the occasional player at their highest price, rather than conveyor belt sales at low prices.

However the imbeciles they have asked to carry out the task of achieving the strategy are the problem...

They also need an administrator that understands football so the CEO has to go (which sounds like a slogan they yell in the US). And the entire football side needs a total overhaul. Need a Director of Football, Chief Scout, Head Coach.

Do that and i don't care if the Owner never comes to a game again.
  • Options

No. Poisonous to my football club, would rather start again from scratch tbh.

Your football club????

Wierd......... :smile:
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Southbank said:

What are the odds the statement today will include Fraeye being made permanent?

Not even this mob are that stupid. More likely he will be thrown to the wolves to appease the peasants.
    Hardly think Kenny Jackett would welcome his advice...

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I don't care what they say. What would it take?

2 years of consistent investment in the playing squad
    Only sell players when it makes sense for our performance on the pitch and we can replace intelligently
    Recruit and support an experienced manager and scouting team
    Communicate with fans,
    Reinstate meaningful fan representation on the board.

Then I will rethink my position.
  • Options
    Simon E said:

After today's "statement". No, they will never win me back under any circumstance. The damage is irreparable. Roland, Katrien, David, Richard, and Karel must all go!!!

Who's David?
  • Options

Simon E said:

Who's David?
    Joyes, Chief Finance Officer?
  • Options
    They must go. RM's non-statement yesterday just triple underlined that. They won't shift from their failing system. KM, RD, KF all need to go,