Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Could THEY still win YOU back?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    I don't care who owns the club as long as their is a change of policy.

Roland could in a moment acknowledge:-

1. He needs policies which take due account of the conflicting interests of fans and the owners - this requires a dialogue
    2. That policies should be reviewed in the light of experiences, taking account of objective views of supporters - this requires a dialogue
    3. The immediate, overriding change of policy must be employing competent managers with appropriate knowledge and experience that can be applied to the league we are competing in - Current policy is employ compliant people you trust regardless of ability.
    3. Policies which work for manufacturing micro processors do not work for running a football club - RD must abandon unilateral control of policy.

Whether he can, or will, is another matter.
  • Options
    Not without a major change in approach, better communication and a proper manager with the freedom to manage. Oh, and Meire going (and ideally Murray) is not negotiable.
  • Options
    I have absolutely no problem with clubs spending according to their means. What has been crazy has been the way we appoint managers and procure players. It is not cost effective to employ so many players who are not suited the rigours of the league we are in. If a decent manager with a English League pedigree was appointed, and allowed to build a team, I would be happy. The problem is, the cost cutting seems to be in illogical areas.

Then we have had to put up with disrespectful comments from a CEO who is clearly out of her depth. The owner has to see, that she causes him more problem than she solves. So if lessons were learned, yes I could support the regime, but we haven’t changed a manager who we suspected was underqualified and has subsequently proved it and he still has that CEO, so I doubt the changes I want to see, will actually happen.
  • Options
    No for me the damage has been done I've lost my trust in them to do the right thing by CAFC. I'm hoping that RM will step down now as well because he is only there to protect his investment that is owed to him. The fact that he keeps backing the network rather than being honest with the fans I think he has to go.I appreciate his involvement in the past but none of them can change my thoughts now I feel throughly let down.
  • Options
    KM and KF are not fit for purpose, for them the question is redundant.
    What RD does with his possessions is undeniably up to him but he can't now correct his strategy and policies at Charlton sufficiently or swiftly enough to be effective, added to which nobody in English football could now take him seriously, his credibility is shot. In the infinitesimally small chance he opted to turn things around and take some qualified advice he couldn't recruit any managers or players of genuinely adequate quality, they'd just be chancers, mercenaries and the deluded.
    Short answer to the question: NO
  • Options
    Not going to another game or buying anything Charlton related until they are gone. I actually hope we get relegated as I think it will make their losses greater.
  • Options
    They could still win me back - Honestly!

I see being knocked out of the cup as a positive since Fraye can now focus all of his powers on a serious challenge for the bottom three and relegation - With the sort of reinforcement he will be able to make (with his undoubted scouting ability) there is no reason that we shouldn't slide straight through to the second division and be contenders for the Conference.

In addition, we should turn the concourse of the West Stand into an NHS treatment centre and the East into a multiplex and food court.

• Options
    Suspect those on the fence before today will have landed firmly in the 'no' camp by now
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    In theory if the owner loves the club and cares about the club, then surely they're a lot more likely to look after it? If it's some 'investment', then like any other asset, it is disposable and could be stripped, sold on, abused.
    Roland please go, sell up, cut your losses because this experiment is not working.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Yes - suitably experienced, competent replacements for Meire & Fraye is the minimum starting point.
  • Options
    No. Fuck the lot of them.
  • Options
    Loco said:

An emphatic NO!

There has been no way back for them since they gave my seat to Bournemouth supporters.

Oi, what's wrong with the Cherries ?
  • Options
    uhhhmmmmm NO!
  • Options
    No chance!
    Roland do one
    Meire do one
    Fraeye do one.
    Murray do one
    Sweet talk it all you like, we can smell to many rats! You know you've been found out and no amount of pr can save you.
  • Options
    They may think they have time to save next seasons ST sales but I predict they will probably plummet by 50% as it stands.

I don't know what kind of marketing they could do to attract new ST sales?...

"Extremely cheap football for an extremely cheap experience that will make you question whether you even like football anymore"

If a father living in South or East or southeast London, or Kent, whatever, wanted to take his young son to his 1st game of football but that man didn't actually support a team himself, he would probably go charlton because it's cheap...but because it was shit he would go west ham ...because after discovering the difference of experience and what made him and his boy happy, he found it more worth his Saturday afternoon. Or he may just continuously give into the standard cheap option of charlton, but sadly his boy would grow up being incredibly bored of football. The experience for "new customers" cannot be that appealing or even worth the money. Sadly, now.

My own fiction has made me sad.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

They may think they have time to save next seasons ST sales but I predict they will probably plummet by 50% as it stands.

I don't know what kind of marketing they could do to attract new ST sales?...

"Extremely cheap football for an extremely cheap experience that will make you question whether you even like football anymore"

If a father living in South or East or southeast London, or Kent, whatever, wanted to take his young son to his 1st game of football but that man didn't actually support a team himself, he would probably go charlton because it's cheap...but because it was shit he would go west ham ...because after discovering the difference of experience and what made him and his boy happy, he found it more worth his Saturday afternoon. Or he may just continuously give into the standard cheap option of charlton, but sadly his boy would grow up being incredibly bored of football. The experience for "new customers" cannot be that appealing or even worth the money. Sadly, now.

My own fiction has made me sad.

I think you are looking at about around a 30% fall if we stay up and a 60% fall if we go down. We are staring over the edge of a cliff. The incompetence our owner and his cronies have shown has come to a head. Can we still save ourselves? Of course we can. We are only one win from escaping the bottom three. Will we? I can't see how in all honesty. KF is still in charge, what sort of management can't correct that error. The answer is our one!
  • Options
    It's beyond repair with this circus now. They are not going to change.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    They could win us all back, all boils down to results whether we like to admit it or not, we were all happy in August after beating QPR, Hull and impressive draws at Derby and Forest, even mentioned of the P word.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They could win us all back, all boils down to results whether we like to admit it or not, we were all happy in August after beating QPR, Hull and impressive draws at Derby and Forest, even mentioned of the P word.

How is that going to happen?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Just look at some of the good times. There could have been more like this.

Before the grinch

If The Grinch hadn't stole Charlton.

Ah, doesn't get better than the teams on the big screen...
  • Options
    Cash has a lot to answer for.
  • Options

How is that going to happen?
    I don't have the answer to that, my point is it's all about results.
  • Options
    Don't forget the opera bloke - proper classy, I loved it.
  • Options
    after yesterday they have no chance with me. I want them out! anything less will not be enough.