Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield away

Comments

• Options
    we are only 2hrs from Hudds but just don't have the heart to see another defeat unless there are drastic changes in the next 2 days
  • Options
    The Football League really need to improve their fixture allocations as we have Huddersfield and Preston as away Tuesday evening games and I'm sure all the other clubs in the division have similar ridiculous away fixtures, don't they ever take the fans into their consideration?
  • Options
    We will be struggling to beat a team in League two at the moment. Another defeat. I really can't see where the next win is coming from.
  • Options

The Football League really need to improve their fixture allocations as we have Huddersfield and Preston as away Tuesday evening games and I'm sure all the other clubs in the division have similar ridiculous away fixtures, don't they ever take the fans into their consideration?

Midweek games and Bank Holiday games should be be as far as possible against teams from the same area. I think asking CAFC fans (customers) to travel to Huddersfield and Hull in the same week shows that the football authorities have no regard for the fans.

• Options

We are 7th in the current form table and you are 24th which in typical Town fashion means an away win!.

Looking forward to the match, we are playing some excellent attacking football and creating loads of chances, it's an absolute joy to watch (this Wagner Fella we ain't gonna be able to keep him for long I fear). We are though not clinical enough and not taking them though. Somebody is gonna get a towelling soon though when they start going in.

We do though concede goals, this is where we can be vulnerable but going forward, we look superb.

Fair play to those Hardy soles that are travelling up, if you need any recommendations pub and / or food wise, let me know and I will advise.

Fire away Pal. Where will we find a good beer & bite to eat?
  • Options

We are 7th in the current form table and you are 24th which in typical Town fashion means an away win!.

Looking forward to the match, we are playing some excellent attacking football and creating loads of chances, it's an absolute joy to watch (this Wagner Fella we ain't gonna be able to keep him for long I fear). We are though not clinical enough and not taking them though. Somebody is gonna get a towelling soon though when they start going in.

We do though concede goals, this is where we can be vulnerable but going forward, we look superb.

Fair play to those Hardy soles that are travelling up, if you need any recommendations pub and / or food wise, let me know and I will advise.

You will be shocked at just how bad we are. The easiest 3 points you will get this season.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Midweek games and Bank Holiday games should be be as far as possible against teams from the same area. I think asking CAFC fans (customers) to travel to Huddersfield and Hull in the same week shows that the football authorities have no regard for the fans.

I am imagine that Meire and Fraeye are delighted that so few fans are likely to make the trip(s)
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Dansk_Red said:

I am imagine that Meire and Fraeye are delighted that so few fans are likely to make the trip(s)
    Quality not quantity mate, remember Rorke's drift :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

mogodon said:

Dansk_Red said:

Quality not quantity mate, remember Rorke's drift :wink:
    Hmmm.

Mr F does have a passing resemblance to Michael Caine.....

Not a lot of people know that.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Thanks LBTF. I can thoroughly recommend the Kings Head at the station. Haven't been there for a little while now but the range of beers in there was always excellent.
  • Options
    Peter_G said:

Thanks LBTF. I can thoroughly recommend the Kings Head at the station. Haven't been there for a little while now but the range of beers in there was always excellent.

No worries Peter and to clarify my initial post. The Grove does not do food but boy does it do beers!.
  • Options

Fire away Pal. Where will we find a good beer & bite to eat?
    Both of these places are in the Town centre and near each other (fan friendly, no idiots). Food is locally sourced quality produce and really good. Also some cracking ales and lagers too (and I dont mean Carling and Carlsberg):

http://www.northerntaps.co.uk/
    http://www.herbertsbar.co.uk/

The following bar is on the way to the ground (well slight deviation) and not too far from the station, however, not sure if it does food on a Tuesday, great beers and again fan friendly:

http://www.beerhouses.co.uk/pub/the-sportsman/

This one is a cracking pub but is a short walk from centre and in reality, a taxi to the gound (£5). Well worth the trip though......:

http://www.thegrove.pub/

Finally, this one literally just outside the station (there are two) is great for beers, not sure re food though (Kings Head):

http://www.realaletrail.net/huddersfield

To be honest, without trailing round you can drink quality ales, lagers and eat well at either the Northern Taps or Herberts with a circa 15-20 minutes max walk to the ground (or a taxi again will be no more than a fiver).

I trust this helps!.

Nice one mate. Cheers....I look forward to sampling a couple of those if we get up there in good time. Enjoy the match. Hopefully the Charlton squad are up for this one and we actually turn up and make a good game of it. Did you play your first team in the cup vs Reading?
  • Options
    See yo there.
  • Options

Working in Yorkshire Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Not been to a game this season so given that and that I'll been in 'the neighbourhood'.....I'm not going.

Although if carol has gone by then I may well attend.

• Options

Working in Yorkshire Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Not been to a game this season so given that and that I'll been in 'the neighbourhood'.....I'm not going.

Depending on who replaces him!
  • Options
    they won't replace Carol before the Hudds game IMHO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We have a bad team BUT we Don't have bad Players ?
    Henderson,
    Solly, Baura, Diarra, THD
    Poyet
    Kashi Cousins
    JBG
    Lookman Reza/Harriott/New striker

Plus cameo roles from JJ, Pope if needed, Williams.
    We are missing Bulot big time.

We don't have the 46 game durability, and nouns.

Kashi injury and Bauer Red cards and now injury have meant we have never had a settled team, plus the biggest mistake is not having a Midfield Playmaker.
    Ba makes too many mistakes, even thou at times he looks decent, but is a liability
    at present.

The problem is the players need to feel they are at a ambitious club and feel motivated, That won't change until we have new Owners; and that is more in hope than expectation.

Plenty of adjectives though - shit, crap, woeful, dire, abject, laughable and so on .....
  • Options
    My uncle will be going but he gets no respect for me after telling me he's missing the Birmingham home game in April. This is the least he can do. I will be there for Hull as can't take time off for the away week games. Haven't done that since Donncaster a few seasons ago. There's another tester in Feb - Preston away. All who travel deserve praise.

The support the team but not the regime was tested quite a bit on Saturday I felt. Several players were shit and need to take responsibility as well as our lemon of a manger, plum of a CEO and tosser of an owner
  • Options

My money is on you (:

You did a wonderful job yesterday in the dug out area. Well a better one than Carol anyway.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

We have a bad team BUT we Don't have bad Players ?
    Henderson,
    Solly, Baura, Diarra, THD
    Poyet
    Kashi Cousins
    JBG
    Lookman Reza/Harriott/New striker

Plus cameo roles from JJ, Pope if needed, Williams.
    We are missing Bulot big time.

We don't have the 46 game durability, and nouns.

Kashi injury and Bauer Red cards and now injury have meant we have never had a settled team, plus the biggest mistake is not having a Midfield Playmaker.
    Ba makes too many mistakes, even thou at times he looks decent, but is a liability
    at present.

The problem is the players need to feel they are at a ambitious club and feel motivated, That won't change until we have new Owners; and that is more in hope than expectation.

Plenty of adjectives though - shit, crap, woeful, dire, abject, laughable and so on .....
    Got some of my own medicine there ? Should have read Nouce

• Options
    Or even nous
  • Options

There you go, Karel. 3-1-0-6 formation again on Tuesday.
  • Options
    76 sold
  • Options

My money is on you (:

You did a wonderful job yesterday in the dug out area. Well a better one than Carol anyway.
    As long as I do not get the stick for my coat as Fraeye got for his waistcoat!
  • Options
    For real JB?
  • Options

For real JB?

yep, saw it on twitter earlier from @CAFCtickets 215 sold for Hull