Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield away

Comments

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

For real JB?

yep, saw it on twitter earlier from @CAFCtickets 215 sold for Hull
    Hope we can sit where we like.

:smile:

Bin that.

We could all fit in the away Directors' Box.

• Options
    Perhaps we should try.
  • Options

Hope we can sit where we like.

Bin that.

We could all fit in the away Directors' Box.

As if another defeat would not be bad enough, you want to sit next the grinning idiot and her puppet?
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Given that three of our next four matches are against sides in the bottom third of the table. you suspect if we don't pick up at least six points from those then we will be buggered by the end of January,

Erm, think you'll find we are buggered now?
  • Options
    Fanny if you are sat in my non designated seat when I arrive I will call a steward. And his mates. To all sit beside us and make the away crowd look slightly bigger...
  • Options

We are 7th in the current form table and you are 24th which in typical Town fashion means an away win!.

Looking forward to the match, we are playing some excellent attacking football and creating loads of chances, it's an absolute joy to watch (this Wagner Fella we ain't gonna be able to keep him for long I fear). We are though not clinical enough and not taking them though. Somebody is gonna get a towelling soon though when they start going in.

We do though concede goals, this is where we can be vulnerable but going forward, we look superb.

Fair play to those Hardy soles that are travelling up, if you need any recommendations pub and / or food wise, let me know and I will advise.

Fire away Pal. Where will we find a good beer & bite to eat?
    Both of these places are in the Town centre and near each other (fan friendly, no idiots). Food is locally sourced quality produce and really good. Also some cracking ales and lagers too (and I dont mean Carling and Carlsberg):

http://www.northerntaps.co.uk/
    http://www.herbertsbar.co.uk/

The following bar is on the way to the ground (well slight deviation) and not too far from the station, however, not sure if it does food on a Tuesday, great beers and again fan friendly:

http://www.beerhouses.co.uk/pub/the-sportsman/

This one is a cracking pub but is a short walk from centre and in reality, a taxi to the gound (£5). Well worth the trip though......:

http://www.thegrove.pub/

Finally, this one literally just outside the station (there are two) is great for beers, not sure re food though (Kings Head):

http://www.realaletrail.net/huddersfield

To be honest, without trailing round you can drink quality ales, lagers and eat well at either the Northern Taps or Herberts with a circa 15-20 minutes max walk to the ground (or a taxi again will be no more than a fiver).

I trust this helps!.

Nice one mate. Cheers....I look forward to sampling a couple of those if we get up there in good time. Enjoy the match. Hopefully the Charlton squad are up for this one and we actually turn up and make a good game of it. Did you play your first team in the cup vs Reading?
    You are welcome and yes we played our first Team. Re Tuesday, not sure exactly who will start as Wagner likes to rotate Players. More of what were previously viewed as 'fringe' Players (mainly ones with an attacking bias) are getting a chance now, and taking that chance.

Wells has a new lease of life and is looking really sharp again. Scannell when on it can be unplayable and we have a keeper on loan from Villa who is top notch (Steer). Joe Lolley who spent the early part of this season on loan at Scunthorpe is playing out of his skin. Just some Players to watch to name a few!.

Expect us to be up and at you from the off, the plan under the new Man is to play football high up the pitch and put pressure on the opposing Team. We are rarely deep but are vulnerable to the break away counter attack goal. I expect you will score, it's then a question of if we can score more!.

Any Players in red shirts to watch out for?.
  • Options
    I am being taken to this by a female acquaintance who a) insists on calling it a date, b) has never been to a football match before and c) professes to be excited. Oh dear.
  • Options

I am being taken to this by a female acquaintance who a) insists on calling it a date, b) has never been to a football match before and c) professes to be excited. Oh dear.

You could always refuse unless you have an ulterior motive :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Well its been a while since.................................................I went to a game!
    I'll keep an eye out, if she's all over you and not watching the game I'll have a word :wink: .
    The way the "team" is playing, you might want to swap with her.....
  • Options

We are 7th in the current form table and you are 24th which in typical Town fashion means an away win!.

Looking forward to the match, we are playing some excellent attacking football and creating loads of chances, it's an absolute joy to watch (this Wagner Fella we ain't gonna be able to keep him for long I fear). We are though not clinical enough and not taking them though. Somebody is gonna get a towelling soon though when they start going in.

We do though concede goals, this is where we can be vulnerable but going forward, we look superb.

Fair play to those Hardy soles that are travelling up, if you need any recommendations pub and / or food wise, let me know and I will advise.

Fire away Pal. Where will we find a good beer & bite to eat?
    Both of these places are in the Town centre and near each other (fan friendly, no idiots). Food is locally sourced quality produce and really good. Also some cracking ales and lagers too (and I dont mean Carling and Carlsberg):

http://www.northerntaps.co.uk/
    http://www.herbertsbar.co.uk/

The following bar is on the way to the ground (well slight deviation) and not too far from the station, however, not sure if it does food on a Tuesday, great beers and again fan friendly:

http://www.beerhouses.co.uk/pub/the-sportsman/

This one is a cracking pub but is a short walk from centre and in reality, a taxi to the gound (£5). Well worth the trip though......:

http://www.thegrove.pub/

Finally, this one literally just outside the station (there are two) is great for beers, not sure re food though (Kings Head):

http://www.realaletrail.net/huddersfield

To be honest, without trailing round you can drink quality ales, lagers and eat well at either the Northern Taps or Herberts with a circa 15-20 minutes max walk to the ground (or a taxi again will be no more than a fiver).

I trust this helps!.

Nice one mate. Cheers....I look forward to sampling a couple of those if we get up there in good time. Enjoy the match. Hopefully the Charlton squad are up for this one and we actually turn up and make a good game of it. Did you play your first team in the cup vs Reading?
    You are welcome and yes we played our first Team. Re Tuesday, not sure exactly who will start as Wagner likes to rotate Players. More of what were previously viewed as 'fringe' Players (mainly ones with an attacking bias) are getting a chance now, and taking that chance.

Wells has a new lease of life and is looking really sharp again. Scannell when on it can be unplayable and we have a keeper on loan from Villa who is top notch (Steer). Joe Lolley who spent the early part of this season on loan at Scunthorpe is playing out of his skin. Just some Players to watch to name a few!.

Expect us to be up and at you from the off, the plan under the new Man is to play football high up the pitch and put pressure on the opposing Team. We are rarely deep but are vulnerable to the break away counter attack goal. I expect you will score, it's then a question of if we can score more!.

Any Players in red shirts to watch out for?.
    Pressure on the opposing team. What is that?
  • Options

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Well its been a while since.................................................I went to a game!
    I'll keep an eye out, if she's all over you and not watching the game I'll have a word :wink: .
    The way the "team" is playing, you might want to swap with her.....
    How very dare you, I'm not that way inclined :wink:
  • Options
    Get your thermals on, its absolutely freezing up here at the moment.

Fair play to those that are travelling a round trip of best part of 400 miles to sit in an icebox on a cold plastic seat. All with the hope of a win which is what we all have watching our Teams!.
  • Options
    @Clem_Snide do you remember Huddersfield away on Boxing Day/New Years day?? Something like that - drove up and down for it - forget who else went with us @razil? @Billericay Dickie ? Was the game Youds got a bad injury I think
  • Options
    Oakster said:

@Clem_Snide do you remember Huddersfield away on Boxing Day/New Years day?? Something like that - drove up and down for it - forget who else went with us @razil? @Billericay Dickie ? Was the game Youds got a bad injury I think

December '99, his last game for us.
  • Options

Oakster said:

Youds lives round the corner from me. Manager of an estate agent now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oakster said:

More relevant experience than the Interim One....
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Think it was something like the 28th December, we played the Nigels at home Boxing Day (the start of our run of wins). Also in the Uddersfield game Robinson scored a screamer.
  • Options

Oakster said:

Langford Russell in Beckenham if I'm not mistaken.

Liverpool away 2002'ish, I watched the game in The Crown over at Blackheath and bumped into him, quite a nice fella actually.

I gather he likes a beer...............
  • Options

Oakster said:

Langford Russell in Beckenham if I'm not mistaken.

Liverpool away 2002'ish, I watched the game in The Crown over at Blackheath and bumped into him, quite a nice fella actually.

I gather he likes a beer...............
    Correct.
  • Options
    I've got a new song which is related to our empty stadium it goes:

We sit where we like,
    We sit where we like,
    We're Charlton Athletic,
    We sit where we like.
  • Options
    Well on the plus side we may field some OK players. On the downside, we will have no team structure, any talented players will be played out of position and will probably be off with a major injury before 60 minutes and replaced with an even more random team structure that even the Huddersfield ball boys feel the need to laugh at us for.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Oakster said:

It was the game two days after Boxing Day, live on TV and a 12.30 kick-off. I recall leaving bonkers early and ending up in a pub on a moor at about 10am. To the best of my knowledge it was me, you, Rav, Richard Daly and Jeff. I'm sure we also met @CharltonCharlie up there.

We made the decision to try and take in 3 games in the day but fell at the first hurdle - going to Rochdale? One of the party had a "bad pint" and ended up in the toilet at the Galpham for about 40mins after the game finished.

The other thing that sticks in my mind is how cold it was (snow on the ground) and some local numpty giving it the big one in the ground when they pulled one back and falling down the staircase in the lower tier next to us. He got absolutely ruined!
  • Options
    We are a library,
    We are a library
    We are a library

Shut down by Belgians
    Due to their budget Sh*t
    Get out get out get out

Our ground's too big for us
    Our ground's too big for us

Thanks to the Belgians
    We sit where we like
    We sit where we like
    We've sold no season tickets
    And so we sit where we like

• Options
    I've just taken a look at Town's website and noted the following :

The current Football League Independent Supporters' Survey ranks Town 1st out of all 72 Clubs at communication with supporters , attracting new fans & creating a matchday experience.

A 10 point pledge has been outlined by the Board of Directors which underpins the Club's values.

These pledges are : honesty, integrity, trust, commitment, quality, pride, respect, character, value & success.

Simply, our history serves as an inspiration for our future as we build a Club that our supporters can be proud of "

In a nutshell, Town have ALL the values that have been denied our Club for the past 2 years.

Makes me want to cry.
  • Options
    Boozer of choice tomorrow?