Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will RD fire KM?

Comments

• Options

I so hope I am wrong. But I have a nasty feeling that Roland the Rat's scheme is, and was all along. Reduce the fanbase to below 10,000. He can then say the attendances cannot sustain The Valley, nor can they ever sustain a Championship side. Roland the Rat moves us to a small 10,000 capacity ground, and redevelops The Valley for Housing. The Academy is used as a Farm for selling players onto Championship and Premiership sides, giving Roland the Rat what he thinks will be a regular and lucrative income. And Charlton is just a League 1 at best, League 2 side end of.

His scheme to achieve that is to tell his CEO to alienate the Supporters to get attendances down, coupled with dreadful performances on the pitch, to which end he has deliberately appointed the most incompetant and stupid man he could find to make certain relegation is guaranteed.

And if I am right, his scheme appears to be going like clockwork.

So, the way to protest is to turn up in droves.
  • Options

I so hope I am wrong. But I have a nasty feeling that Roland the Rat's scheme is, and was all along. Reduce the fanbase to below 10,000. He can then say the attendances cannot sustain The Valley, nor can they ever sustain a Championship side. Roland the Rat moves us to a small 10,000 capacity ground, and redevelops The Valley for Housing. The Academy is used as a Farm for selling players onto Championship and Premiership sides, giving Roland the Rat what he thinks will be a regular and lucrative income. And Charlton is just a League 1 at best, League 2 side end of.

His scheme to achieve that is to tell his CEO to alienate the Supporters to get attendances down, coupled with dreadful performances on the pitch, to which end he has deliberately appointed the most incompetant and stupid man he could find to make certain relegation is guaranteed.

And if I am right, his scheme appears to be going like clockwork.

I never subscribed to that kind of thinking until very recently; in part due to a discussion on here. Even down to the NHS call centre potentially setting a precedent for non-sports business usage on The Valley, the proposed planning permission for the superstore and the fact that during the purchasing of the club potential investors were told CAFC could get another ground on the peninsular..

It's all very mysterious - and whilst I don't think his intentions are quite as dramatic as that - I don't think it's a million miles away either. Part of me is genuinely concerned for the survival of the club.
  • Options
    Fire her? He's more likely to put her across his knee and give her a sound spanking. Mind you, that's probably how he got himself into this mess in the first place! (allegedly)
  • Options

I feel a bit sorry for his family having to put up with that c*** every weekend.

"Dad, I'm bored, can I go and do my homework?"
    "Sit down! No algebra until you've finished watching Charlton"
  • Options
    On the original question, it wouldn't surprise me if Katrien chose to move on anyway, before things got too tricky. To much of the wider non football world, who haven't made close attention to the events here, she'll be the plucky woman who took on the "chauvinistic, stick in the mud football establishment".

All these non football events she goes to (like the Irish one), are surely to benefit her career?
  • Options
    With her experience of English football a nice sideways move to an administration role at STVV awaits her...
  • Options
    Silver lining in all this is speaking to Standard fans RD went through the whole club is not for sale thing before out of the blue selling the club.
  • Options

On the original question, it wouldn't surprise me if Katrien chose to move on anyway, before things got too tricky. To much of the wider non football world, who haven't made close attention to the events here, she'll be the plucky woman who took on the "chauvinistic, stick in the mud football establishment".

All these non football events she goes to (like the Irish one), are surely to benefit her career?

This event had nothing to do with her being a CEO of a football club. I mean web summit - there's hardly anything digital that she does in her role.

She probably had to pay to be on the panel there as well
  • Options
    T said:

Silver lining in all this is speaking to Standard fans RD went through the whole club is not for sale thing before out of the blue selling the club.

AT the moment I am more than happy to clutch at any straws on offer
  • Options
    I'm just wondering if KM really is next to go. Interesting that RD is commenting about Riga on the website.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm just wondering if KM really is next to go. Interesting that RD is commenting about Riga on the website.

Exactly. We haven't heard a peep from her all week as the wheels are falling off, and we all know how much she likes to get her mug on tele. Now we get direct Duchatelet quotes from the bunker in Belgium. No point buying a dog and barking yourself is there? Maybe she is on the way out already, just waiting for an opportune moment to wield the axe.
  • Options
    Never has the chant "you don't know what you're doing" been so true at a football club.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Exactly. We haven't heard a peep from her all week as the wheels are falling off, and we all know how much she likes to get her mug on tele. Now we get direct Duchatelet quotes from the bunker in Belgium. No point buying a dog and barking yourself is there? Maybe she is on the way out already, just waiting for an opportune moment to wield the axe.
    I wonder if he has given her a little holiday. Things have been bad for her for a long time, maybe he has given her some time to get her head straight again? A decent employer would do that. Unfortunately she doesn't work for a decent employer, but it could be true.
  • Options
    Would be shocked if she survived the recent debacle.
  • Options
    Interesting the announcement re Riga included a quote from RD. Nothing from KM, which is interesting.
  • Options
    Would be shocked if she didn't myself.
  • Options
    Who's the CEO at Ujpest?
  • Options
    IA said:

Who's the CEO at Ujpest?

think it's Roland's son Roderick's wife
  • Options

IA said:

Who's the CEO at Ujpest?

They live in Budapest? Fair enough.
  • Options
    IA said:

IA said:

Who's the CEO at Ujpest?

They live in Budapest? Fair enough.
    Roderick is the owner. His wife is the COO, whatever that means in this case. The CEO, significantly, is Hungarian

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Has she gone? it seems very odd, even for the circus we are at the moment, that nothing has been seen of her since Colchester, or heard from her for even longer (no comment about the post Forest demo etc) with quotes coming from RM, RD, the late departed KF and even new hero Stephen Henderson but not the CEO,

Is it possible she has been pulled out of the firing line and put on gardening leave with a potential network move in the offing?

Like an old cowboy movie 'It just seems quiet...too quiet'
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Has she gone? it seems very odd, even for the circus we are at the moment, that nothing has been seen of her since Colchester, or heard from her for even longer (no comment about the post Forest demo etc) with quotes coming from RM, RD, the late departed KF and even new hero Stephen Henderson but not the CEO,

Is it possible she has been pulled out of the firing line and put on gardening leave with a potential network move in the offing?

Like an old cowboy movie 'It just seems quiet...too quiet'

I fear she will not be gone, perhaps moved 'sideways' as you suggest.
    I am afraid that I do not trust the woman, not that I think she ever gives a toss about such things.
  • Options
    If the club's credibility with absolutely anybody at all is something he values, then KM has to be 'reassigned' at the earliest opportunity.
    We know he couldn't give a flying fornication about what his match ticket buying customers think, feel or say cos we only stump up 33% of the revenue!! I'd imagine the corporate/hospitality/pitch & program advertisers' views might be slightly more interesting to him, amplified by their financial contributions, if she stays they'll surely bale en masse and then his revenue stream will just be the tv deal.
  • Options
    SE9addick could be right about the West Ham move I have heard a couple of long term CAFC fans saying they may switch which to me is strange you don't chop and change your club. But the main point I agree with is that the lower in the League we fall the harder it will be to find the kind of buyer who wants to spend the required amount of money to get us back. There is never an upside to relegation and I too fear this is the start of a long and painful process before we can move on.
  • Options
    I hope he fires her out of a cannon aiming roughly over the channel
  • Options
    I wonder if she may walk, I just have a hunch that maybe she was telling Roland that he needs to appoint a British manager only for him to appoint Riga leaving her looking stupid and taking the grief.
  • Options
    I have a bottle of champagne ready for when that damned woman gets what she deserves.
  • Options
    No. Think she's been told to keep her head down in the hope that the dust settles a bit. It won't of course.
  • Options

I wonder if she may walk, I just have a hunch that maybe she was telling Roland that he needs to appoint a British manager only for him to appoint Riga leaving her looking stupid and taking the grief.

Fair play Roland... it's nice to see you getting involved with the Charlton fans in mugging off Katrien; perhaps you're not so bad after all..
  • Options
    Probably already gone just waiting for replacement before going public, as far as I know not been seen since Colchester .