Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will RD fire KM?

124»

Comments

• Options
    It would be a clever move by RD and would, I suspect, take much of the steam out the protests. New manager - not the worst and the dubious reports he changed his mind on the Serb were clearly aimed at him pretending he listens - followed by throwing Meire to the wolves would buy him time. If we stayed up, then a lot of the anger, for now, would go away (aside from obstinate gits like me!)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    mogodon said:

It would be a clever move by RD and would, I suspect, take much of the steam out the protests. New manager - not the worst and the dubious reports he changed his mind on the Serb were clearly aimed at him pretending he listens - followed by throwing Meire to the wolves would buy him time. If we stayed up, then a lot of the anger, for now, would go away (aside from obstinate gits like me!)

I agree completely. I also think Roland is so quiet that for many people they would see this as a 'successful regime change'. For all intents and purposes, with a proper CEO who is prepared to represent the fans with Roland and back a competent manager.. it would be a major improvement.

Sadly, I reckon Katrien is just Roland's mouthpiece and we wouldn't see a great deal change in reality. All it would do is set the fans protests back.
  • Options
    This ties in with the fact the Riga statement was from RD not KM. RD's stepping into that KM role while she's replaced.

(Probably by his son. Or, a man with sticks for hands. Or, Bungle from Rainbow)
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I wonder if she may walk, I just have a hunch that maybe she was telling Roland that he needs to appoint a British manager only for him to appoint Riga leaving her looking stupid and taking the grief.

Fair play Roland... it's nice to see you getting involved with the Charlton fans in mugging off Katrien; perhaps you're not so bad after all..
    Huh?
  • Options
    RD made KM look stupid over the Luzon appointment. Nothing new here.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Will the Chief Moron fire the 2nd in Command Moron ? -In any normal business scenario yes. But this is Twoshats we're talking about. So definitely No.
  • Options
    Katrien will leave of her own accord, I'm sure she'll get a good job in a completely unrelated business in the City. Let's face it, while she's completely out of her depth as a football CEO, she'll easily find another position. Sooner, rather than later hopefully.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

No. Think she's been told to keep her head down in the hope that the dust settles a bit. It won't of course.

This could be true, but it could always be that RD knows the "customers" are upset with him and KM and thinks by speaking to us lowly people, we will be impressed and forgive him
    Sorry just realised Mogodon said the same top of the page
  • Options
    IA said:

LuckyReds said:

I wonder if she may walk, I just have a hunch that maybe she was telling Roland that he needs to appoint a British manager only for him to appoint Riga leaving her looking stupid and taking the grief.

Fair play Roland... it's nice to see you getting involved with the Charlton fans in mugging off Katrien; perhaps you're not so bad after all..
    Huh?
    It was sarcasm; but seemingly Katrien has to hide away from the fans right now because anything she says is ripped apart. Now, to make matters worse for our poor CEO, even Roland is dropping her in it.

As Weegie highlights, it's not even for the first time:

RD made KM look stupid over the Luzon appointment. Nothing new here.

She truly is getting screwed from every angle right now.
  • Options
    Just maybe she is sick to death of taking all the shit for her bosses decisions whilst he stays at home. I have no sympathy for her and she should quit if she had any bottle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems to be an increasing amount of chatter that she may be gone. She's been very quiet lately - nothing from her at Colchester (not sure she was even seen there) so maybe it's true and she's off sunning herself on garden leave.

Might just be wishful thinking - I guess time will tell.
  • Options
    Seen one or two on twitter, 'CAFC News/Transfers' saying there are rumours but nothing really to get me too excited.
  • Options
    I'll only celebrate when they're all gone. She'll only be replaced by another goon
  • Options
    from twitter CAFC News/Transfers-:
    Rumours flying round that Katrien Miere has been sacked/left
  • Options

We can only hope
  • Options

I can't see any 'rumours flying round' apart from the one they've started themselves....
  • Options
    I can only trace it back to a bloke with 82 followers on Twitter claiming it came from sources within the club. I'm sceptical yet live in hope.
  • Options
    I understand the quotes from RD were written by the interim comms person from the PL, so wouldn't read too much into them.
  • Options

I can only trace it back to a bloke with 82 followers on Twitter claiming it came from sources within the club. I'm sceptical yet live in hope.

probably just some spotty teenager in their bedroom winding us up.
  • Options

I don't know if anything in it or not, just reproduced it above, but once again the silence from the club is deafening!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Seems to be an increasing amount of chatter that she may be gone. She's been very quiet lately - nothing from her at Colchester (not sure she was even seen there) so maybe it's true and she's off sunning herself on garden leave.

Might just be wishful thinking - I guess time will tell.

She was at Colchester and got a lift home using the mini bus paid for by supporters via Valley Gold
  • Options
    Much though she has driven me to insane levels of anger, she is just another symptom of the general mismanagement, as was karel Fraeye. He's gone, and we have Riga back, probably too late but we can hope. If she goes, that would be great, but we need much more. We need a profesional head of football, to manage budgets, control the academy/squad, advise on signings and transfers and MAKE SURE WE DON'T GET ANY MORE NETWORK TRANSFERS IN.
    Really, we need RD to sell to the Kuwaitís. But as he doesn't seem keen, and we know nothing about them, I'd settle for a bit of rebuilding the club. Meantime, Roland Out!!!
  • Options
    If she has gone,or been given a holiday to let things settle down, who is doing player recruitment ? A little worrying in the transfer window.
  • Options
    benno44 said:

If she has gone,or been given a holiday to let things settle down, who is doing player recruitment ? A little worrying in the transfer window.

At least Chris Parkes will not be as busy as we were told he would be
  • Options

I understand the quotes from RD were written by the interim comms person from the PL, so wouldn't read too much into them.

So, if they're made up quotes from some PR wonk, why aren't they attributed to Ms Meire? We never hear a word from Duchatelet normally, why now? Just seems odd to me.
  • Options
    He left her to run the club and she not only screwed it up, she didn't keep him informed of developments. He was openly critical of his own board and their decision making. That was a direct criticism of his CEO. She's either gone, or under notice to keep silent and out of the firing line until things settle.
  • Options
    Something tells me that this is when we really need to up the ante; it may actually be the the sign that we're winning a battle.

If Katrien has been "reallocated" then this is the only window we've had in two years where Duchatelet himself has been dragged in to the running of the club. Potentially we even have his attention at the moment. Not to mention, I don't hold much hopes for Katrien's replacement - so we need to set the tone from the very beginning.

If Katrien remains in place then her silence makes it obvious that she's either had a warning, and Duchatelet has had to step in to try and rectify things, or she's had to take a break because she's running scared. We're winning there and with a few more movements we should be able to push her out.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Something tells me that this is when we really need to up the ante; it may actually be the the sign that we're winning a battle.

If Katrien has been "reallocated" then this is the only window we've had in two years where Duchatelet himself has been dragged in to the running of the club. Potentially we even have his attention at the moment. Not to mention, I don't hold much hopes for Katrien's replacement - so we need to set the tone from the very beginning.

If Katrien remains in place then her silence makes it obvious that she's either had a warning, and Duchatelet has had to step in to try and rectify things, or she's had to take a break because she's running scared. We're winning there and with a few more movements we should be able to push her out.

Indeed