Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euell In? (Ed. page 3, applied for Wimbledon job)

edited February 2021 in General Charlton
I've seen a rumour previously that the players don't want to play for Karel Fraeye but are willing to try for Jason Euell so if Fraeye were to be sacked do you think appointing Euell would be a good move?

Personally I think it would galvanise the fans a bit more as we would all be behind him and I could believe that the players would play for him and try harder. However I think there's no chance he would get the job beyond the end of the season as he wouldn't be a puppet, but the owner might think he's willing to have a free thinker in charge until the end of the season if it means preserving Championship status and take the hit of not having total control for six months.

Comments

• Options
    No, I want all the Belgians out.
  • Options
    Yes, definitely.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Not under present constraints.
  • Options
    Better, but No.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be honest I'm not sure, I think it was a bad move for Euell to step up and become interim first team coach under Fraeye. Considering he is currently involved with the first team squad at the moment, what would he bring to the table if he became manager?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

We need an established manager with championship experience

We do, but as Roland likes to do things on the cheap he wouldn't have pay a penny to make this change, Fraeye's contract won't need to be paid off as he'll stay in the network. Which is why I think this is a very Roland move, plus the regime will probably think in their deluded minds that this could get us back onside.
  • Options
    its a no from me,the only one i want back is Curbs and the belgians out,we are so broken now i think Curbs is the only man for the job
  • Options
    We've started setting the bar too low because these fools have made us think we don't deserve a top class manager that could take us forward for years to come. They're strangling our ambition. The puppet strings currently caught around too many necks.
  • Options
    I would be more than happy for Euell to continue in a coaching roll under a new manager (preferably one with no previous ties to RD or the network as unlikely as that is) but it is far too early for Jason and he would be daft to take it in my opinion.
  • Options
    I'm sure Euell would be an improvement over Fraye. However we need someone with more experience. Also believe this is damaging Euell's career already. Being promoted too early would mean he would never get a job anywhere.

Comments on here about Curbs, Clarke and Pearson are all pie in the sky. Do you really think any of them will consider coming here at the moment?
  • Options

I've seen a rumour previously that the players don't want to play for Karel Fraeye but are willing to try for Jason Euell so if Fraeye were to be sacked do you think appointing Euell would be a good move?

How about they start playing for the fans and their own self respect?

• Options
    I would get KF out now and let Euell run the side on Tuesday (and away at Hull) whilst as other have said we find a man with experience.
    Problem is even if KFa did get the sack I imagine he has another network nobody ready to continue the mediocre job his previous employees have done
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:

Comments on here about Curbs, Clarke and Pearson are all pie in the sky. Do you really think any of them will consider coming here at the moment?

According to Katrien's interview with the Daily Mail, Curbs applied for the job when Peeters was sacked.
  • Options
    Maybe one day, but not now. Fraeye absolutely has to go (and quickly) and we need a experienced Championship manager. Riga would do at a pinch. Clarke or Pearson would be better.

The best thing for Ewell would be a return to his former duties IMHO.
  • Options
    Besides all that is going on off the pitch we are in the shit on the pitch NOW. We need someone who knows our strengths and weaknesses NOW.
    Anyone brought in will need time to get to know the poisoned chalice we are at the moment and by that time it will be too late.
    Just my humble opinion.
  • Options
    We're way beyond Euell. He was a logical Interim when Luzon got the boot. Now, there is no room for an experiment. We need an experienced manager right now. Euell could stay to help, or go back to doing what he did so well with the academy. But I don't think he'll have the nous to turn this around now.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Mackle said:

redman said:

According to Katrien's interview with the Daily Mail, Curbs applied for the job when Peeters was sacked.
    Curbs never had a hope in hell of getting the gig, another bitter ex employee to her mind and in any case all her managerial appointments have been the right choices haven't they. Don't forget she has such an extensive knowledge of English / Championship football and knows what's best :open_mouth:
  • Options
    These managers have experience in the championship.
    Zola clarke Pearson
    Would take monk. Premiership experience only. Wage decreases for all of them.

Wonder where we would be now if mackay had been appointed
  • Options
    What happened the last time we put a current coach with no managerial experience in charge?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Mackle said:

redman said:

Curbs never had a hope in hell of getting the gig, another bitter ex employee to her mind and in any case all her managerial appointments have been the right choices haven't they. Don't forget she has such an extensive knowledge of English / Championship football and knows what's best :open_mouth:
    Yes, in that same interview she said something like the decision to appoint Luzon over the "fans favourite" had been vindicated.

• Options
    Croydon said:

What happened the last time we put a current coach with no managerial experience in charge?

The Les Reed era?