Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euell In? (Ed. page 3, applied for Wimbledon job)

Comments

• Options
    No. I've seen a few youth games when Jase was the coach and I felt he was just a little lacking at that level. Too inexperienced. Not sure he should have a main coaching role with the first team at all frankly.
  • Options
    Mackle said:

RedChaser said:

Mackle said:

redman said:

Comments on here about Curbs, Clarke and Pearson are all pie in the sky. Do you really think any of them will consider coming here at the moment?

According to Katrien's interview with the Daily Mail, Curbs applied for the job when Peeters was sacked.
    Curbs never had a hope in hell of getting the gig, another bitter ex employee to her mind and in any case all her managerial appointments have been the right choices haven't they. Don't forget she has such an extensive knowledge of English / Championship football and knows what's best :open_mouth:
    Yes, in that same interview she said something like the decision to appoint Luzon over the "fans favourite" had been vindicated.

Arry!
  • Options
    If it's good enough for zidane and Madrid....
  • Options
    Mackle said:

Croydon said:

What happened the last time we put a current coach with no managerial experience in charge?

The Les Reed era?
    Speak to Muzza, I'm sure he'll put you straight :wink:
  • Options
    Nothing against Jason.

He would have been fine as a caretaker while the club took the usual 2 or 3 weeks to find a permanent manager.

Unfair to him, although I'm sure he try his best and he couldn't be worse that Fraeye, and it's not good for the club.
  • Options
    Referring to Fanny's post on the Post Match Thread I am bemused that it appears that the players don't have a problem with Fraeye. I have had this mentioned to me by another source that should know.

I think this is as concerning as anything else at the moment.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Mackle said:

Croydon said:

What happened the last time we put a current coach with no managerial experience in charge?

The Les Reed era?
    Speak to Muzza, I'm sure he'll put you straight :wink:
    If by Muzza you mean Richard Murray, you can only ask him the question supplied to you by the club's PR rep ;-)
  • Options
    Yes. A combined team of Jason Euell and Simon Clark. They've both shown what they can do with the under 21's and seeing as most of them now are being thrown into the first team - why not!? Would prefer over Fraeye but probably not over a proven Championship Manager (which we are unlikely to get).
  • Options
    Isn't Gary monk available?!
  • Options

Isn't Gary monk available?!

Some would say that Harry Monk is a better bet than Karel Fraye
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way. It would destroy him.
  • Options
    No. No way can we have a bloke going in to his first managerial job working under those 2 Belgians. Assisting carol has probably already scarred him for life.
  • Options
    Completely understand everyone who feels that Jason has not got the experience or should not be exposed to managing a team in its currently awful state but I'd feel a lot more optimistic driving up to Huddersfield game with Jason Euell in charge rather then KF.
  • Options
    Was listening to Beyonce singing "Running" and she puts it very bluntly in the first verse;

Where else can we go ?- Jason Euell, Jason Euell.
  • Options
    Mackle said:

redman said:

Comments on here about Curbs, Clarke and Pearson are all pie in the sky. Do you really think any of them will consider coming here at the moment?

According to Katrien's interview with the Daily Mail, Curbs applied for the job when Peeters was sacked.
    Link?

I must off missed that.

• Options

Link?

I must off missed that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3011169/Charlton-Athletic-chief-Katrien-Meire-admits-abuse-fans-frightening-says-excited-future-Valley.html

"Alan Curbishley was the fans' preferred choice and Meire admitted that the former boss was an applicant for the vacant post."

Then further down

"Meire says that decision (to appoint Luzon over Curbs) has been vindicated with the Addicks now sitting in 11th in the Championship despite the low budget."

• Options
    Random draw 30 minutes before kick off. Manager for the day.
  • Options
    The sad truth is that, despite our appalling form, we are still in touch with safety. There are a few poor sides this year but 3 wins in 4 games would change things. However, it won't make any difference if we leave it much longer as one or two the feebler sides will grab some points somehow soon.

Would I like Euell in charge? I don't know but it couldn't do any harm. As for thoughts of Monk or the like coming that seems unlikely. Monk would want what Fraeye earns in year every month, I suspect.
  • Options
    Not sure Jason would touch it . Admittedly I just wanted to turn this into a joke about his first touch but I'm struggling
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Not sure Jason would touch it . Admittedly I just wanted to turn this into a joke about his first touch but I'm struggling

But we could sing Euell never walk alone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

I would be more than happy for Euell to continue in a coaching roll under a new manager (preferably one with no previous ties to RD or the network as unlikely as that is) but it is far too early for Jason and he would be daft to take it in my opinion.

This.........

plus agree with most on here that the new manager needs to be British with championship experience, sadly it won't happen though..
  • Options
    No Don't do that to the poor guy
  • Options
    Warnock would be tough to take. However, we would end up 10 points above the relegation zone and that's all that matters.
  • Options
    Go back to the Under 21's and get away from that clown in charge. The longer he stays with him, the more chance his coaching career will go down the toilet.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Warnock would be tough to take. However, we would end up 10 points above the relegation zone and that's all that matters.

Is he that desperate to get back in management ?
    Would sort things out but he would be a big no from most on here .
  • Options
    I would prefer a manager who has Championship experience, but if Euell was given a go it would at least demonstrate a change in policy. But I think we will have same old Belgian nosnsense for a while yet. We know by now that old Roland isn't too quick on the uptake anymore. Still, he has worked out the Championship is tougher than he thought. Just needs to work out what's wrong with the other elements of his strategy. At his current pick up rate, we are probably looking around the Easter after next for that to happen.
  • Options
    I still think that Fraeye is here until the end of the season. Relegation and he might be gone. If by some miracle we stay up then we're stuck with him. If he goes my bet is on a Frenchman. We've not had one of those yet.
  • Options
    Let's get serious. Jason has even less managerial experience than Fraeye. As for Fraeye being popular with the players, so what! They have probably never had it so cushy. There is very little sign that they are learning from mistakes, staying organised, or even getting to peak fitness. I'm really not comfortable with players deciding who they will play for, or who has their approval. Curbs was detested by some players, but in general, he got the best out of them.
  • Options
    We need an experienced boss, not to destroy a legend.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

We need an experienced boss, not to destroy a legend.

This