Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euell In? (Ed. page 3, applied for Wimbledon job)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    We do not want inexperienced managers, like Euell and Powell, we want experienced one's like KF and Dowie
  • Options

I still think that Fraeye is here until the end of the season. Relegation and he might be gone. If by some miracle we stay up then we're stuck with him. If he goes my bet is on a Frenchman. We've not had one of those yet.

Frenchman?? Yann as player manager?!!!!!
  • Options
    Seems the job is going to another Charlton legend, Sir Chris Powell. Heavy odds on for the job with the bookies. 
  • Options
    Perhaps it’s time for Jason to take his talents to the big job. Only a matter of time I would think
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Hope not ... but wouldn’t blame him for giving it a go 
  • Options
    Seems the job is going to another Charlton legend, Sir Chris Powell. Heavy odds on for the job with the bookies. 
    Powell with Euell as his assistant?
  • Options
    Well we should expect Jason Euell to want to try his  hand at first team management. When the chance occurs I would wish the best of luck, except against Chsrlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That would be interesting 
  • Options
    Dyer has left Kilmarnock so I'd imagine Powell would look at teaming up with him again 
  • Options
    Have always been surprised Euell hasn't been promoted to first team coach. Admittedly he may want to manage, so the next step up from U23's is a senior managerial appointment. I know he's highly thought of by the club, but then I haven't heard many people saying they would give him the job if Bowyer was to leave. 

Yesterday I heard Emma Hayes was going to be the first woman employed as a League manager, this morning it was Danny Cowley and now Chris Powell is a frontrunner, so tomorrow could be his day!
  • Options
    He is one of those who you’d say was a Mr Charlton and a bit like Keith Peacock seems to have been with Charlton for donkeys years.
    Wouldn’t begrudge him a move into first team coach/ manager in the slightest 
  • Options
    If Bowyer left for whatever reason, I'd like to see Euell replace him
  • Options

Alex Dyer available to assist SCP?

• Options
    Don't be surprised if Chris Perry becomes involved in some capacity 
    Think he and JE are mates +their history with the Dons
  • Options
    Apart from regret that we would lose Jason if this happens it would be with my absolute best wishes.
    Lots of things around this seem to be perfect, and who knows maybe our U21's would benefit from a fresher approach, not be better especially, but it would freshen things up if it were to be the right appointment. I would hope Wimbledon would give him the backing any new first time manager should get.
    Jason Euell has been one of the coolest and most steadfast characters around Charlton for years now, and if he needed a reference it would, or ought to be, one of the best ever written.
    I am learning more about why the word 'bittersweet' was fashioned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This feels like his destiny. Rooting for him
  • Options
    Also, we have a chap called Jason and another called Darren who are absolutely ready to step into his shoes...
  • Options
    All the best to him if he gets the job. 
  • Options
    It's no secret how good our youth players have been in the past 10 years or so, and it's no surprise to me that Euell has been involved in the youth setup for a not insignificant chunk of that time. He's been asked to work with England youth too and the next logical step for him, if it's not international youth team manager, is senior management of a lower league team. I am in the "hope it's with us" camp, but understand that chance may not come along soon and Wimbledon is a name that he has a lot of history with. 
  • Options
    Was trying to get hold of a mate for almost ten mins to tell him about Euell at 8/1. Finally got hold of him. Managed to get max stake before he drifted to 5/2. Have to claim that free pint when I see him in 2022.
  • Options
    I honestly hope he gets it. Be a great opportunity for him & more than "done his time" with the u23s so prob the right time for him to step.

Good luck to him!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    The more I read this article the more I think it is close to a done deal. Imagine Cawley would have asked both Euell and Charlton if they were happy to run the story. Got to be some legs in this story, otherwise why write it in the first place. 
  • Options
    It will be a disaster if we lose Big Jace. 
    He is so well known and highly regarded by young players of so many clubs. 
  • Options
    It will be a disaster if we lose Big Jace. 
    He is so well known and highly regarded by young players of so many clubs. 
    But it would be unfair on him to deny him this chance I feel.