Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euell In? (Ed. page 3, applied for Wimbledon job)

124»

Comments

• Options
    It will be a disaster if we lose Big Jace. 
    He is so well known and highly regarded by young players of so many clubs. 
    Euell has does a fine job but he isn't the academy. Steve Avory would be far harder to replace anyway
  • Options
    I think he deserves the Wombles job. 
  • Options
    Don't be surprised if Chris Perry becomes involved in some capacity 
    Think he and JE are mates +their history with the Dons
    Their history is with MK Dons......not AFC Wimbledon. Admittedly Euell played a handful of games for AFC, but that was his last gig I believe. Both played (together ?)for Wimbledon before the club moved to MK and before AFC were formed. 
    Do you have to make this point every time the history of Wimbledon FC is brought up? Neither player played for MK Dons, a team that was founded in 2004.

• Options
    My mate knows Chris Perry really well. Never mention franchise to him as he hates them with so much passion.
  • Options
    I really hope he gets it - deserves a stab for a club he loves. 
  • Options
    Their history is with MK Dons......not AFC Wimbledon. Admittedly Euell played a handful of games for AFC, but that was his last gig I believe. Both played (together ?)for Wimbledon before the club moved to MK and before AFC were formed. 
    While I guess this is factually accurate, it represents a total lack of imagination. 
  • Options
    Chris Powell lives in Banstead I think (he did), so ideal for him.
  • Options
    Chris Powell lives in Banstead I think (he did), so ideal for him.
    Not interested according to Cawley, he's very happy at the Spurs academy
  • Options
    My mate knows Chris Perry really well. Never mention franchise to him as he hates them with so much passion.
    What does he have to say about Pardew?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Bowyer left for whatever reason, I'd like to see Euell replace him
    Not for me, I would like to see an experienced manager come in not another Charlton old boy learning his trade.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed the Cowleys get this job. Wouldn't want them out of employment if Bowyer's fired
  • Options
    Not for me, I would like to see an experienced manager come in not another Charlton old boy learning his trade.
    Like Slade or Robinson? I'd rather an up and coming manager than an older one off the managerial merry-go-round.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Heard Pardew was in for this job.......funny how the slime always manages to pick up work despite his failures.....cockroach
    He’s happy in Bulgaria.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/former-charlton-and-palace-boss-mooted-as-next-afc-wimbledon-manager/
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Like Slade or Robinson? I'd rather an up and coming manager than an older one off the managerial merry-go-round.
    Robinson's younger than Bowyer!

Yes he's managed for a long time, but we were only his second job, so he wasn't one of those John Sheridan types who move jobs every 9 months
  • Options
    Curbs with Euell as assistant would be my dream ticket for us tbh
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    While I guess this is factually accurate, it represents a total lack of imagination. 
    Yeah, let's not let the truth get in the way of a narrative. 

Jeez.....some if you really have a problem with all of this. And yes, I bring it up every time because you can't change history. 

AFC Wimbledon didn't exist until 2002. Any reference to "Wimbledon" before then is now the club called MK Dons. The "Dons" part coming from the name WimbleDON. It just happens that Jason Euell has played for both clubs. Chris Perry hasn't. He played for the team that won the FA Cup in 1988 and not the team that until recently played at Kingstonians ground.

It might be an unpalatable truth, but its the truth nevertheless. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I never put a name forward and also never said the "experienced" manager had to "old". 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Jeez.....some if you really have a problem with all of this. And yes, I bring it up every time because you can't change history. 

AFC Wimbledon didn't exist until 2002. Any reference to "Wimbledon" before then is now the club called MK Dons. The "Dons" part coming from the name WimbleDON. It just happens that Jason Euell has played for both clubs. Chris Perry hasn't. He played for the team that won the FA Cup in 1988 and not the team that until recently played at Kingstonians ground.

One last time.....  Milton keynes do not see themselves as the team that won the FA Cup, the history was given to AFC as you cant just move a team 70 miles, change the name and have a football league team when you previously didn't. This was an agreement between both clubs.

Thats good enough for me to associate AFC as the team with the history and Milton keynes as a scummy little team that bought league status without it being earned. Therefore, Euell has played for Wimbledon only, he never played for a team based 70 miles North of Wimbledon.

I agree that some of the AFC wimbledon fans are as our players would describe it, "baggy".  They were royally stitched up the EFL and they've done very well to become a struggling L1 team.  MK have not progressed in the same period and I would love to see them fall out of the league.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

One last time.....  Milton keynes do not see themselves as the team that won the FA Cup, the history was given to AFC as you cant just move a team 70 miles, change the name and have a football league team when you previously didn't. This was an agreement between both clubs.

Thats good enough for me to associate AFC as the team with the history and Milton keynes as a scummy little team that bought league status without it being earned. Therefore, Euell has played for Wimbledon only, he never played for a team based 70 miles North of Wimbledon.

I agree that some of the AFC wimbledon fans are as our players would describe it, "baggy".  They were royally stitched up the EFL and they've done very well to become a struggling L1 team.  MK have not progressed in the same period and I would love to see them fall out of the league.
    But you can't just change history. I couldn't give 2 hoots if MK Dons & AFC Wimbledon have "agreed" to turn back time & bury the hatchet. History is history and its a fact.

And if course you can move a club & change its name. Arsenal did it. Or is it just the mileage that's the problem  ??  

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't even remember Euell playing for us the second time, and I was there.
  • Options
    Euell .. it seems that his career has stalled at CAFC .. he was with the Wombles as youth and as a senior player .. he deserves a shot at a job he probably really fancies .. good luck to him IF he goes for it
  • Options
    Mark Robinson has been confirmed as head coach of AFC Wimbledon, following a spell in interim charge after the departure of Glyn Hodges.
  • Options
    Good news for us, but unfortunate for Euelly of course 
  • Options
    Hopefully any uncertainty in the Dev Squad will be resolved for now.