Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey to Newcastle

Do we get some of the fee if Shelvey is sold to Newcastle?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Not unless there is a sell on clause on the sell on clause. He has already transferred from us to Liverpool to Swansea.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

How many sell on clauses do you want?.
  • Options
    I want one where KM is obliged to follow him about.
  • Options
    No we don't get anything, because the re-sell clause was just for when he was at Liverpool.
  • Options
    Curtis has said Shelvey is wanted by him and is going nowhere, believe it or not, some clubs allow their managers a say in which players they want
  • Options
    He'd be nuts to swap Swansea for Newcastle.
  • Options
    Isn't there a rumour he is off to Palace?
  • Options
    Better Newcastle than palace. I think I've read uncle say he'd never go to palace in a million years because of his affiliation to cafc but that was a year or two ago. Was getting worried
  • Options
    I'll be amazed if Shelvey doesn't go to Palace
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's shit anyway*

*the above is purely for referencing if he ends up at palace
  • Options
    Increasingly clear he isn't going to fulfil his potential - only 23 years old and already moved on by two Prem clubs.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options

He's shit anyway*

*the above is purely for referencing if he ends up at palace

Mind yourself - his uncles Shelvy sense must be tingling !
  • Options

Increasingly clear he isn't going to fulfil his potential - only 23 years old and already moved on by two Prem clubs.

See post above.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    That was JonJo trying to play a game of musical statues during a cup game. You can see how hard he's trying compared to the other players.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

He wouldn't give 2 shits about charlton if palace came a calling, why would he? Get real. He's suited to palace style of play and if he liked pardew then he's re-united with him...living back in London area close to family and probably on a nice increased contract and at a more secure club with more sexy ambition and general threat.

No brainer from his perspective IMO.

Realistically I very much doubt any emotion from being an ex addick at a young age would make any difference here. I might be wrong.

Agreed, I can understand players not directly moving to a rival (though Glen Murray did that when he moved from Brighton to Palace), but several years later I can't it being a consideration

Apart from anything else, two our best left backs of recent years, Chris Powell and Rhoys Wiggins are both products of the Palace academy/youth scheme...
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

Even if we did I doubt the tossers that run our club would even know about it. Anyway I wouldn't want Roly lining his pockets yet again.
  • Options

Where has it been confirmed that Swansea want to 'move him on' ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swansea don't want to move him on far from it,
  • Options
    We have enough problems without worrying whether a former player moves to palace. Jo jo has a young family now and it would make a lot sense being closer to his immediate family.
  • Options

I would have thought not being picked for matches, getting a bollocking from the chairman and now rowing with his own fans was some at least soft evidence that he might not have much of a future at the club. If you had a relegation battle on your hands, would you want Shelvey in the trenches?
  • Options
    Depends if Liverpool had a sell on clause

Not unusual to get a % of any money recouped by Liverpool as part of a sell on deal but it won't be much.

(obviously depends on if we waived this upfront for a small upfront payment when we were really skint)

• Options

I would have thought not being picked for matches, getting a bollocking from the chairman and now rowing with his own fans was some at least soft evidence that he might not have much of a future at the club. If you had a relegation battle on your hands, would you want Shelvey in the trenches?
    Yes thank you, ahead of Ba, Sarr, Reza, Vaz Te, Watt, and quite possibly the other imports we have not seen enough of to discern character either way. If Shelvey has a n 'attitude" problem as you imply, it is that he tries too hard sometimes. I could see that much from his time here when he was getting stick from our muppet supporters who couldn't tell a talented player from a Subbuteto figure.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Yes thank you, ahead of Ba, Sarr, Reza, Vaz Te, Watt, and quite possibly the other imports we have not seen enough of to discern character either way. If Shelvey has a n 'attitude" problem as you imply, it is that he tries too hard sometimes. I could see that much from his time here when he was getting stick from our muppet supporters who couldn't tell a talented player from a Subbuteto figure.
    Watch that video clip please mate. There's a clear lack of effort.
    https://youtu.be/mMkEhVhRh14

All people are saying is they wouldn't want him in a PL scrap for survival.

I'd have him here alongside Poyet anyday while we're in the C/L1.
  • Options
    The Swansea chairman sounds pretty adamant there was no falling out.
  • Options

but none of those play for Swansea?
  • Options
    I would have him back in a shot. Better than anything we have at the moment
  • Options
    Actually just seen the widespread coverage of him apparently offering to meet a Swansea fan in the car park... That above video is doing the rounds a lot... Dear oh dear. Not good.