Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey to Newcastle

124»

Comments

• Options

Jonjo had the long pass in his armoury but decision making and discipline was always going to be a problem as he was a young competitive guy who would use verbals on the field and Steve Gerrard was the gaffer in midfield at Anfield and as we know; Jonjo is no respecter of reputations.

One of the finest sights Ever was seeing Shelvey giving the bully Alex Ferguson stick, joining a small band of 3 who stood up to him ?
    JP Mcmanus and John Magnier, being the other 2.
    But others in the game saw that as a weakness and not a strength.

If Jonjo had gone to Liverpool at 24 ( his age in a months time) via Swansea,
    Then his game may of been more mature than the hit and miss it is at the moment as the lad has so much talent and sounds like a good lad at heart.

Agree with all of this, and I hope he doesn't turn into another Gerrard, pointy and shouty, runs around a bit, hits a long pass, but lacking positional and tactical awareness. His idolatry of Gerrard cannot have helped things.

That said, him giving it to Lord Ferg was one of the brilliant moments for the sport. Fair play to him.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Was a quality pass.

Swansea don't want to move him on far from it,

No... Just about 351 miles far from it.
  • Options
    Like that says he was England starter 12 months ago. However well he's playing for Newcastle he shouldn't be there in the first place, he should either be at Swansea still or he should have secured a move up the premier league, to someone like Southampton, Everton or West Ham, someone with European ambitions. Only Jonjo knows why his form dipped so dramatically, but it will undoubtedly bring his mentality and desire into question
  • Options
    The problem for JonJo is that you have to play him in the middle and then build a team around him to compensate for his lack of defensive quality and pace. If he's on his game it's worth it because he can pull the strings like Zidane but when he goes missing the team is going to get murdered. He's also in a catch 22 now in that he'll never get another chance at the highest level unless he proves that he can consistently deliver (above the Championship) but the only teams that will give him a platform to do do are full of inconsistent types who will pull him down to their level. he's another Andy Reid.
  • Options
    Maybe he's found his level in the Championship.
  • Options
    jac52 said:

Anyone else see Paul Ince talking absolute shite on the BBC updates for Cardiff v Newcastle?

"Jonjo Shelvey is a good player but the big issue with him, and I saw him grow up from when he was 16 at Liverpool alongside my son Tom, it’s the trust."

The prick needs his memory looking at.

Defoe, Shelvey and others all have the stigma of Charlton airbrushed from their history...
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

jac52 said:

Anyone else see Paul Ince talking absolute shite on the BBC updates for Cardiff v Newcastle?

"Jonjo Shelvey is a good player but the big issue with him, and I saw him grow up from when he was 16 at Liverpool alongside my son Tom, it’s the trust."

Defoe, Shelvey and others all have the stigma of Charlton airbrushed from their history...
    Gomez will be next
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never sure if Rob Lee played nearly 300 games for us either.
  • Options

Rob lee didn’t, robert lee did.
  • Options
    jac52 said:

Ince also said that Zaha on his day was 'as good as anyone in the league'. Really?
  • Options
    Ince has the IQ of a sandwich. Why anyone ever listens to him is beyond me. You'd get more sense from a detuned radio
  • Options

Rob lee didn’t, robert lee did.
    That's why he is now Rob.

He can deny Charlton in his life!