Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton | Tue 12 Jan | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    MATCH FACTS

Huddersfield won the reverse fixture 2-1 at The Valley in September, courtesy of goals from Harry Bunn and Emyr Huws.
    Charlton have won just two of their past eight league meetings with the Terriers (D3 L3).
    Huddersfield have won three of their past five matches in league competition (D1 L1), this after winning only one of the previous eight.
    The Addicks are without a win in eight, losing four and drawing four.
    Nahki Wells has had a hand in more league goals for Huddersfield this season than any other player (10 - eight goals, two assists).
    No Championship side has conceded more goals from corners this season than Charlton (10), a joint-high with Fulham.
  • Options
    This is surely the turn round game for the Reds. A thumping win for the addicks. Everyone is up for it and will fight to the end. We are charlton not rd or km.
    Let's be proud of our team of warriors.

Hello is that a pig I see!
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/c56Sj7kMbLk

Now if you feel that you can't go on
    Because all of your hope is gone
    And your life is filled with much confusion
    Until happiness is just an illusion
    And your world around is crumblin' down…

Appropriate words.
    I'll be there and hoping for a 1-0 robbery.
  • Options
    Good luck to all that travel up there. That's about as much as I care for any of it at the moment
  • Options
    Comfortable away with 4-0.
  • Options
    Sneaky away win,0-1,very late goal.
  • Options
    We'll start with an unfathomable 3-1-2-2-1-1 formation and once we concede will work our way through 4-5 other formations. The players will stand staring at each other wondering what on earth they are being asked to do. Many of them will occupy 3-4 different positions over the course of the game. All of this will unfold against a back-drop of Huddersfield goals flying in. Minimum 3 goals conceded, none scored. Fraeye still in charge, Meire still smirking and another nail in the relegation coffin.
  • Options
    no idea about the score, but we will lose...match thread from 6.30
  • Options
    am I missing something here ? .. no-one has selected Jackson ? .. and it seems that we are now spoilt for choice .. the Right Honourable @ForeverAddickted has NOT picked Jackson and has Diarra on the bench with Vaz Te, oh to be so burdened with talent ((:>)..

The squad has good numbers and some depth now, albeit far too many of the chaps are just not up to speed (some may never be) with the requirements of a Championship footballer ..
    I would start with Jackson and Diarra if both are fit and save Ceballos and Poyet for later in the game when the older geezers might be a trifle cream crackered ... I'd have Harriott up front with Reza to give the aging Hudson, who is still good in the air, the run around with Fox (yes I know) and H-Dennis down the left. Big Mak on the bench to come on if the Harriott-Reza link up is a no-go

Henderson .. Solly, Johnson, Lennon, Fox .. Gudmundsson, Jackson, Diarra, Holmes-Dennis .. Harriott, Reza

ME ... I am feeling optimistic for no other reason than (mild dementia perhaps) my innate positivity.
    We are gonna drill Wagner a brand New Ring Cycle ..

Huddersfield Town 0 v CAFC 2
  • Options
    Hendo
    Solly Johnson diarra williams
    Poyet Ba
    JBG JJ Harriotts
    Vetokele

Subs Pope, Sarr, THD, Ceballos, Reza, Vaz Te, Mak

1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carol, reign continues ! Why should any thing change, those rested, will be just as poor as they were before the rest. (Bless them, they get very tired you know)

2-0 down at HT then a foot off the gas cruise to a 3-0 Huddersfield win.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Karel Fraeye has travelled with the squad? Or is he again in the kit van.
  • Options

http://youtu.be/c56Sj7kMbLk

Now if you feel that you can't go on
    Because all of your hope is gone
    And your life is filled with much confusion
    Until happiness is just an illusion
    And your world around is crumblin' down…

Appropriate words.
    I'll be there and hoping for a 1-0 robbery.

" I'll be there ...."

:smile:

( One of my faves, Addickted2U !)

• Options
    edited January 2016
    UPDATE: According to the BBC, Diarra will miss the game through injury .. soooooo .. he'll have to be replace by Ba in the Lincs selection (multi talented) starting XI

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35229687
  • Options
    Henderson
    Solly/Williams/Johnson/Fox
    Poyet/JJ
    Reza/JBG/Harriot
    Vaz Te

Subs Pope, Sarr, THD, Ceballos, Reza, Igor, Mak

JBG given licence to play where he thinks can be most effective
  • Options
    I asked my 5 year old who he thought would win, Huddersfield. Are you sure Charlton won't win 'Er, yes.', 'Are you sure, I think we may win' 'I'm sure'

Well done KF.
  • Options
    From the mouths of babes !
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    We have no chance of winning unfortunately. Probably 3 or 4 - 0 to Udds. The club is a car that has crashed , turned over, rolled down a steep wooded bank, hit a big bolder at the bottom of the bank. caught fire and blown up, shot 20 meters into the air and landed on an unexploded WW2 bomb, and blown into a thousand pieces until nothing of the car is recognizable. In short we are fucked. PS The driver was believed to have been from Belgium !
  • Options
    Our defence is depressingly poor and not improved by Johnson.

3-0 Hudds.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Can't see how we can turn round recent form to win here. Could be the last chance to see Karel Fraeye's revolutionary 1-1-3-1-2-0-2 formation.

Brilliant formation. But he may go for the Jellyfish. I've heard that as well as wanting prize money for positions in the Championship, Carol & Pinocchio are pushing the League for Rush Goalies to be introduced. The laptop scouts in Brussels are searching the minor leagues of Luxembourg for a Steve Brown-type who could fill the role and allow The Mad Professor to cut the wage bill by releasing all of our keepers.

Another defeat I'm afraid. Everyone will fancy playing us while the Pub Team manager is in charge.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

We have no chance of winning unfortunately. Probably 3 or 4 - 0 to Udds. The club is a car that has crashed , turned over, rolled down a steep wooded bank, hit a big bolder at the bottom of the bank. caught fire and blown up, shot 20 meters into the air and landed on an unexploded WW2 bomb, and blown into a thousand pieces until nothing of the car is recognizable. In short we are fucked. PS The driver was believed to have been from Belgium !

Why couldn't you have written "in short" at the beginning ..... ?

• Options
    More of the same
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Hudds ain't very good but an easy 3 nil win for them.
    Our humiliation goes on
  • Options
    Another defeat. Amazing that there has been speculation about Riga returning but no actual sign of this happening. Presumably if RD wanted that it would have been done on Saturday evening with Riga taking the coaching on Monday to give himself + them (+ us) a chance. I reckon the lack of any follow through will lower the players morale yet further.
  • Options
    3-0 to the Udders. KF still doesn't fuck off
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Another defeat. Amazing that there has been speculation about Riga returning but no actual sign of this happening. Presumably if RD wanted that it would have been done on Saturday evening with Riga taking the coaching on Monday to give himself + them (+ us) a chance. I reckon the lack of any follow through will lower the players morale yet further.

Oh how we could to do with a new owner to have one of these, to clear all the shit out of our club right now :disappointed: .
  • Options
    Unfortunately it would probably just fill the gutters, bilge whatever of the club with even more 'dirty water'
  • Options
    An absolute drubbing.. even worse than usual 6-0 ... Fraye is seen running from the ground not wearing any trousers .... Meire is seen running after him ....
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    4-1 loss - cracking goal from Vaz Te in the 88th minute. Fraeye explains we finished strongly and that Vaz Te demonstrated to everyone what a quality striker he is. The 98 away supporters suffer from fatigue after standing up so many times because they want them out.