Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton | Tue 12 Jan | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    As I live near to Huddersfield been to watch a few training sessions the intensity was something else.

Wagner want's them to be a possession side comfortable on the ball but be able to high press and counter with real pace.

A clear indication of this was Vaughan he couldn't finish the high intensity drills maybe due to his injury problems or not fit enough so is gone and Wells is reaping the benefits getting late goals.

Another thing is that the same applies to the under 21's and under 18's, The young players find the transition easy if they are coached and managed the same when they go into the 1st team. Similar to Bournemouth, Southampton, Swansea they all have a club philosophy which players, coaches, managers are hired/signed to fit.
  • Options

Henderson
    Solly, Johnson, Williams, Fox
    JBG, Diarra, Poyet, Harriott
    Reza, Vaz Te

Prediction, Huddersfield to bombard our goal then finally score in the 55th minute with the final score ending 2-0, Carol to say "we were in the game until the 55th minute".

Our likely starting 11:

Jed Steer

Kyle Dempsey / Mark Hudson / Joel Lynch / James Husband

Jonathan Hogg

Sean Scannell / then two from either Emyr Huws / Jamie Paterson or Joe Lolley (Huws if fit I suspect with Paterson)

Nahki Wells / Harry Bunn

Wolves (with their £10m purse) chasing Nahki unfortunately and we aint a wealthy enough Club to turn down a big offer. He is playing tonight though.

• Options
    Huddersfield to win to nil, 8/5 stan James.
    License to print.
  • Options
    @LeedsbasedTownfan there'll be no need for this 'in your face' nonsense. We're more of a nice cup of tea and chat type team. I'm truly sorry if 98 people standing up if you want them out annoys you a bit.
  • Options
    AddickRam said:

As I live near to Huddersfield been to watch a few training sessions the intensity was something else.

Wagner want's them to be a possession side comfortable on the ball but be able to high press and counter with real pace.

A clear indication of this was Vaughan he couldn't finish the high intensity drills maybe due to his injury problems or not fit enough so is gone and Wells is reaping the benefits getting late goals.

Another thing is that the same applies to the under 21's and under 18's, The young players find the transition easy if they are coached and managed the same when they go into the 1st team. Similar to Bournemouth, Southampton, Swansea they all have a club philosophy which players, coaches, managers are hired/signed to fit.

Good post. We have and we will lose games, of course we will playing at this level against quality opposition week in, week out. The football at the moment though (baring in mind it is latgely the same Players he inherited and he has only been in situe for 10 weeks) is being lauded as some of the best seen here for quite literally decades. His philosophy is we try and win every match, regardless of who we are playing and are really having a go a Teams. He is also using some of the said youngsters more. As stated in an earlier post, we can be vulnerable defensivley but its been brilliant to watch (even some of the defeats we have seen enough to not be too upset).

We have no chance of holding on to Wagner if he carries on in this vain as there will undoubtadly (already I am sure) be suitors.

• Options
    Wagner to compose a winning work of art against a unschooled defense.
    Can Fraeye conduct a good performance out of CAFC.
    It's not over until the Fat Lady sings; i can hear her gargling.

Poor Karel.
    Interim, interim, CAFC fans have got it in for him.
  • Options
    More like Wagner to produce music worthy of the Vienna Opera House...

Fraeye to produce music worse than a five year old playing the recorder!!
  • Options
    AddickRam said:

terrific post
  • Options
    sm said:

Forgot it was match day.

P.s. we are 1/4 on to be relegated this season (bookies say if you played this relegation battle out 4 times we'd only survive it once) :)

5 times?
    Even worse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Isn't there any expression that if you put enough Fraeyes in a room with a blackboard enough times, they will eventually come up with tactics to beat Huddersfield Town
  • Options
    AddickRam said:

they all have a club philosophy which players, coaches, managers are hired/signed to fit.

So do we.
    It's "Do as Roland says"

• Options

Isn't there any expression that if you put enough Fraeyes in a room with a blackboard enough times, they will eventually come up with tactics to beat Huddersfield Town
    No.

The problem with the assumption is that, an infinite number of Fraeyes would be much much less talented and able than an infinite number of monkeys....
  • Options
    is there a link for this one?
  • Options

Thanks for all the responses and insight. I genuinely feel for you Guys at the moment if the football is as bad as you say it is. It sounds terrible. Was there any credit though for Colchester on Saturday or did they not really have to do much to win?.

Dont lose heart tonight though and to explain, yes we are playing well, however, we are perenial `bottlers`, a track record of losing games we are inverted commas expected to win. A decent `value` bet for a couple of quid is an away win with both Teams scoring at circa 8-1. By the sounds of it, it wont be a nil-nil!.

Not sure what you are like at set-pieces, this is where we ship goals in the main rather than open play. If you get quality balls in to your tall centre-forward, there may be avenue there for you also.

The game may hinge on us taking the chances we create or not as has been the case in a lot of matches (fortunately, we have been creating enough chances to score here and there to mitigate the host of missed chances). As I mentioned in a previous post, the view up here is that a Team at some point is going to get a real towelling if the chances we are creating start to fly-in.

As daft as it sounds, I would be more confident going in to the match against a Team higher up the table as this game truly is typically one we capitulate in.

I am sticking with my 2-2 on that basis.

Just do not move away on the 44th minute, you have been warned
  • Options
    Just arrived in the Land of Hudd .. people .. It is K-O-L-D
  • Options
    Roll up roll up,

Name the CAFC player to get injured in the first half,
    And win a season ticket to the demos by the west stand at the valley.
    Driven there and home and you don't even have to watch the match.
    A great experience where you can meet other customers who just love to interact with their favourite Cinema Restaurant football team.

To all you hardy souls, i know you support the team and not the regime.
    Wrap up.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    1-1 and our tactically challenged interim Head Coach gets a stay of exceution just to piss us all off a little bit longer.
  • Options

Whereabouts are you in Hudds?.
  • Options

hotel .. 10 mins walk from the ground
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

It is currently 3°C and drizzle on/off. If you ain't brought yer thermals it's gonna be a long, cold night. Let's hope ‘Hudders’ freeze before we do.
    Just leaving Denby Dale.
  • Options
    Can't see us getting anything tonight. We can't defend, our midfield get overrun and our forwards are pretty naff. Fraeye will no doubt try and put as many forwards on the pitch at once.

If Huddersfield play a high tempo game our shocking lack of fitness will be shown up again.
  • Options
    if we lose again tonite which I think we will, surely then they have to realise KF is not good enough for the job , just like they ain't fit to run our famous football club , can't believe I actually don't give a shit anymore like many other fans .
  • Options
    Think we'll start with 8 forwards, 2 defenders and a keeper. Still lose though :-(. 4-1
  • Options
    1 - 1 after taking the lead.

Fraeye hails an undefeated league start to 2016 and Katrien sacks him
  • Options
    Nahki Wells has had a hand in more league goals for Huddersfield this season than any other player (10 - eight goals, two assists).
  • Options
    I also think Jackson will at least be on the bench.
  • Options
    CHARLTON | Henderson, Solly, Johnson, Lennon, Fox, Williams, Poyet, Jackson, Gudmundsson, Harriott, Vaz Te
  • Options
    CHARLTON SUBS | Pope, Sarr, Moussa, Charles-Cook, Holmes-Dennis, Ghoochannejhad, Makienok
  • Options
    Another game, a different line up. I'm thinking it will be a 4-5-1 but I'm also thinking it's thrown together because KF doesn't know what he's doing. Agree Mak should be dropped, he's been woeful. Vaz Te has also been shit. Have the players been had enough time under this formation, have we played like this before. I appreciate we've had injuries, but again just pick and mix stuff