Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton | Tue 12 Jan | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    will the team just stay up north until the weekend?, fancy a jammy undeserved 1-0 win, but who knows any more.
  • Options
    Lets hope the referee for the fixture this year is fit for purpose and doesnt wrongly send of our centre-back in the first half (a decision / red card that was subsequently rescinded). Strike off a perfectly good `goal` by Wells that was not given for a supposed push that only the referee saw and a to add insult to injury didnt see as clear a penalty as you can get (a push on Vaughan in the box that a Saracens forward would have been proud of). You couldnt make it up.

You then go on to score with the last kick of the match, 1 - 1. Gut-wrenching and the referee (Tim Robinson) was lucky to get out alive. To be fair, even your fans coming out of the ground conceded that we had been on the wrong end of key decisions.

They say that these decisions / things even themselves out. It certainly didnt feel like it that day!.

2 - 2 tonight.

• Options
    Form and common sense says we lose or draw at best.

Since when has common sense had anything to do with it, 0-1 Charlton

I only hope that this result does not give the clown a stay of execution. Hopefully it's to late for that now.
  • Options
    It will be cold.
  • Options
    0-2, Jackson both goals, Carol gets an 18-month contract.
  • Options

We'll start with an unfathomable 3-1-2-2-1-1 formation and once we concede will work our way through 4-5 other formations. The players will stand staring at each other wondering what on earth they are being asked to do. Many of them will occupy 3-4 different positions over the course of the game. All of this will unfold against a back-drop of Huddersfield goals flying in. Minimum 3 goals conceded, none scored. Fraeye still in charge, Meire still smirking and another nail in the relegation coffin.

LMFAO here at this clem. Very good. Can I also add that both wingers and full backs will swap sides within about 7 minutes of kick off. So I expect something like this after 12 minutes

Henderson

Sarr Johnson Jackson

Reza Solly Poyet Vaz Te Fox

KAG

Mak

Confusion reigns and we're 2 down by now. KF says after the game that the side and the formation was something he wrote down in a rage after the Colchester game and didn't want to use it, but unless the players pulled their socks up, there will be consequences

We go onto lose the game 5-1.

We were in it up until some silly defending let H'field take the lead for which KF can't legislate for as we work hard in training all week, he can't control what goes on when the players take to the pitch.

Some more waffle follows about the fact we're in a battle and the players know they need to fight. KF expects a response against Hull because the players will be motivated against a team toward the top of the league.

• Options
    3-0 to Huddersfield, are team has very little fight left in it.
  • Options
    Would take something remarkable for us to win. Such as the players desperately trying to show they want Fraeye to stay. The managerial position will become clearer tonight. Is Fraeye there (presumably yes) and what is his demeanor during and after the game.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

We'll start with an unfathomable 3-1-2-2-1-1 formation and once we concede will work our way through 4-5 other formations. The players will stand staring at each other wondering what on earth they are being asked to do. Many of them will occupy 3-4 different positions over the course of the game. All of this will unfold against a back-drop of Huddersfield goals flying in. Minimum 3 goals conceded, none scored. Fraeye still in charge, Meire still smirking and another nail in the relegation coffin.

LMFAO here at this clem. Very good. Can I also add that both wingers and full backs will swap sides within about 7 minutes of kick off. So I expect something like this after 12 minutes

Henderson

Sarr Johnson Jackson

KAG

Mak

Confusion reigns and we're 2 down by now. KF says after the game that the side and the formation was something he wrote down in a rage after the Colchester game and didn't want to use it, but unless the players pulled their socks up, there will be consequences

We were in it up until some silly defending let H'field take the lead for which KF can't legislate for as we work hard in training all week, he can't control what goes on when the players take to the pitch.

Some more waffle follows about the fact we're in a battle and the players know they need to fight. KF expects a response against Hull because the players will be motivated against a team toward the top of the league.

On a serious note, what type of football do you try and play, is it long ball or on the ground?. Do you have any width / use wingers in the Team? etc etc.

For us, we are going for it every match now, right in the faces of opposing Teams. Now we have come unstuck with Bristol City at home of all the Teams (best on the day I have seen this season). They on the day were better at being `in your face` than we were and in all honesty tore us a new one in the first half. They could have got 6 in the first 45 (we improved second but still lost). Bolton away?, their fans were saying we were the best side to visit their stadium at this level for a long time.

Your best chance in my view will be to keep the ball on the floor and have a real pop at us (match fire with fire). Long ball and or a defensive approach I think is not your best chance of a positive result.
  • Options
    After the 3rd Huddersfield Town goes in with 44 minutes played, Karel Fraeye picks up his phone to ring the local laundry company to send a van round, complete with basket. The 98 realise this and spontaneously burst into song: "Leave in a basket, you're gonna leave in a basket....".

Karel's half-time team talk has the desired effect with a consolation goal by Vaz Te in the 88th minute to make it 5-1.

Meantime the laundry van is hijacked by 2 Charlton fans who drive the van and Karel to an unknown destination, where the now bound and locked basket mysteriously falls out of the back doors. Karel remains undiscovered for several days, during which time Jose Riga, not wishing to suffer the same fate, declines the head coach job and KF is replaced as Interim Interim Head Coach by one of Staprix's office manager's who coaches the local school's under-13s in his spare time.

MOM Stephen Henderson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon we could seriously get battered tonight. 5-0 , Another red card and we muster only 2 shots at goal.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Henderson

Sarr Johnson Jackson

KAG

Mak

On a serious note, what type of football do you try and play, is it long ball or on the ground?. Do you have any width / use wingers in the Team? etc etc.

For us, we are going for it every match now, right in the faces of opposing Teams. Now we have come unstuck with Bristol City at home of all the Teams (best on the day I have seen this season). They on the day were better at being `in your face` than we were and in all honesty tore us a new one in the first half. They could have got 6 in the first 45 (we improved second but still lost). Bolton away?, their fans were saying we were the best side to visit their stadium at this level for a long time.

Your best chance in my view will be to keep the ball on the floor and have a real pop at us (match fire with fire). Long ball and or a defensive approach I think is not your best chance of a positive result.
    Our standard style of play is too cram as many forward players into a 20 meter radius at the top end of the pitch as possible, generally with no movement, have two 'holding' midfielders running about like headless chickens covering the remainder of the pitch and defenders in a panic hoofing the ball in any general direction of one of those defenders who calmly heads the ball back into a hopelessly exposed midfield.

Our attacking style can be depicted by 3 players being over out wide in a feeble attempt to somehow get one of them to cross the ball to a striker who is 6'7 who can't use his head!

Enjoy the game - I'm sure you will
  • Options

On a serious note, what type of football do you try and play, is it long ball or on the ground?. Do you have any width / use wingers in the Team? etc etc. .

On an equally serious note, nobody knows. Least of all our interim head coach and players.

• Options
    My worry is that a second game in four days really tests how match-fit the'new'/returning players are - as well as the rest of an already creaking squad. And if our managerial mastermind mucks around with formations again ... that said, and much as I think his appointment was an unfunny joke, it would be cruel to make Fraeye stand on the touchline tonight if they have already decided to replace him before the weekend. If he is there, it will just be an indication of how beholden to Roland (or desperate) he is.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Henderson

Sarr Johnson Jackson

KAG

Mak

On a serous note this could well be our line up. Without wanting to provide you with a false sense of confidence, if we play anything like we did on Saturday, we will be there for the taking. We're particularly shit at defending. This would be 3pts dropped if you didn't beat us IMO
  • Options
    I predict that we will lose.
  • Options
    @LeedsbasedTownfan we're also very good at cross field balls between our centre backs and out to the full backs and back again in a big loop, until the opposition press and we buckle. This sort of passing between our defence must be what KF meant when he said we put a team out capable of beating Colchester on Saturday, only for lamentable defending to cost us....

We couldn't even beat a bloody egg, let alone beat Colchester
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses and insight. I genuinely feel for you Guys at the moment if the football is as bad as you say it is. It sounds terrible. Was there any credit though for Colchester on Saturday or did they not really have to do much to win?.

Dont lose heart tonight though and to explain, yes we are playing well, however, we are perenial `bottlers`, a track record of losing games we are inverted commas expected to win. A decent `value` bet for a couple of quid is an away win with both Teams scoring at circa 8-1. By the sounds of it, it wont be a nil-nil!.

Not sure what you are like at set-pieces, this is where we ship goals in the main rather than open play. If you get quality balls in to your tall centre-forward, there may be avenue there for you also.

The game may hinge on us taking the chances we create or not as has been the case in a lot of matches (fortunately, we have been creating enough chances to score here and there to mitigate the host of missed chances). As I mentioned in a previous post, the view up here is that a Team at some point is going to get a real towelling if the chances we are creating start to fly-in.

As daft as it sounds, I would be more confident going in to the match against a Team higher up the table as this game truly is typically one we capitulate in.

I am sticking with my 2-2 on that basis.
  • Options

Not sure what you are like at set-pieces, this is where we ship goals in the main rather than open play. If you get quality balls in to your tall centre-forward, there may be avenue there for you also.

We're so disorganised that against Colchester no one knew who was taking the corners.

There were 7 players stood in the box looking at eachother, with the ball by the corner flag, just shrugging.

That may give you and indication of how little guidance and leadership we have in our squad, but most importantly the technical area, at the moment.
  • Options
    We must be due a penalty?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bubble said:

Our players have to get into the penalty area first... One step at a time
  • Options
    Granpa said:

I predict that we will lose.

Sticking your neck out a bit there, Granpa?
  • Options
    Bubble said:

It will take 5 minutes for them to decide between themselves who will take it...
  • Options
    Forgot it was match day.

P.s. we are 1/4 on to be relegated this season (bookies say if you played this relegation battle out 4 times we'd only survive it once) :)
  • Options
    After our shock exit from the cup I think we will get back to normal, i.e.

keep it tight for 44mins, then concede just before half time. Roger Johnson to be replaced by Vaz Te at the break. We then concede a goal in the first five minutes of the second half. Williams replaces Reza on the hour mark and we immediately look more threatening only to concede a breakaway goal in the 75th minute, just after Ceballos has replaced Chris Solly . 3-0 Huddersfield.
  • Options
    6-7. We are shite so 4-0
  • Options

Forgot it was match day.

P.s. we are 1/4 on to be relegated this season (bookies say if you played this relegation battle out 4 times we'd only survive it once) :)

5 times?
  • Options
    3-0. Fraeye disappointed with the defending. Gets smuggled out in a hot dog van to plot our next defeat.
  • Options
    Huddersfield are Barcelona compared to us at the moment so 6-1 Huddersfield!!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Henderson
    Solly, Johnson, Williams, Fox
    JBG, Diarra, Poyet, Harriott
    Reza, Vaz Te

Prediction, Huddersfield to bombard our goal then finally score in the 55th minute with the final score ending 2-0, Carol to say "we were in the game until the 55th minute".