Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Stephen Henderson interview - Truly shocking

Comments

• Poor sod having to go through that interview. True respect to him. "Management" should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Echo the sentiments already expressed here, felt horrible watching him give that interview. Took a lot of guts to come out and talk to the press so openly.
  • "forget everything thats going on upstairs.." interview cuts...

jesus looks even worse than it sounded. Looked like he was going to burst into tears when he apologised to the fans. Great lad
  • Some black and white honesty in that interview. Brave guy for answering the difficult questions and especially for taking the blame for the second goal.
  • CAFC_88 said:

He took a bullet for you last night Fraye.

it's what true leaders do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not doing the interview is the final nail in Fraeye's coffin.

I don't think it was smart of Euell to avoid it either, it makes him look like part of the Fraeye camp
  • Not doing the interview is the final nail in Fraeye's coffin.

I don't think it was smart of Euell to avoid it either, it makes him look like part of the Fraeye camp

If, as was said at the time, Fraeye told Euell he could not face the media, then that stinks of Fraeye thinking sending out his No.2 would be viewed in a worse light than forcing an upset player to do the job. Yet another gross misjudgment.
  • mogodon said:

Not doing the interview is the final nail in Fraeye's coffin.

If, as was said at the time, Fraeye told Euell he could not face the media, then that stinks of Fraeye thinking sending out his No.2 would be viewed in a worse light than forcing an upset player to do the job. Yet another gross misjudgment.
    On MOTD you occasionally see an assistant or coach sent out to face the press.

It's not Fraeye's job to forbid Euell to face the press anyway, both know that someone has to do it.
  • Ive said it before but you know who real football people are as soon as you hear them talk.

We need a CEO who has football, not necessarily Charlton Athletic, running through their vains. It gives the supporters, but more importantly players like Henderson, confidence in whats going on.

The players probably feel they are being hung out to dry, some of who are at the most important stages of their careers, by a management that don't know their arsehole from their elbow.

What chance have we got.
  • 'Forget what is going on upstairs' - nicely edited by KM to end the video with an (apparent) player suggestion that it is not about the manager. Clearly he is not saying that but, yet again, it smacks of another PR disaster. When will it end?
  • LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

hendo was gutted.

What is it like for you @LouisMend when you have to interview a player who has just been part of a 5-0 defeat and is obviously as gutted as Hendo was?
    If it was another team I wouldn't give a flying feck.

Last night it was horrible.
    The fact it was a player presumably made it considerably worse. What's your view of Fraeye's abdication of responsibility (or did I lead that too much)? ;-)
  • meldrew66 said:

'Forget what is going on upstairs' - nicely edited by KM to end the video with an (apparent) player suggestion that it is not about the manager. Clearly he is not saying that but, yet again, it smacks of another PR disaster. When will it end?

@LouisMend this was cut off mid-flow. Anything of note said after it?
  • If not KF or Euell, should have been JJ, the only reason I can see for it being Henderson is that he is popular with the supporters. He nearly let it slip that there should be a change of manager
  • As Mark Mansfield posted on twitter in response to my posting........Spot on. He's obviously a lot more professional than those that refused to take responsibility.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

If not KF or Euell, should have been JJ, the only reason I can see for it being Henderson is that he is popular with the supporters. He nearly let it slip that there should be a change of manager

According to Louis, it would have been either Jacko or Henderson, but Henderson was available first and the media were (understandably) getting restive by that point. Well it was nearly closing time in the pubs :smile:
  • mogodon said:

Not doing the interview is the final nail in Fraeye's coffin.

definitely read that as ujpest player, and thought maybe he'd sent out loic nego after hendo...
  • Ben18 said:

meldrew66 said:

'Forget what is going on upstairs' - nicely edited by KM to end the video with an (apparent) player suggestion that it is not about the manager. Clearly he is not saying that but, yet again, it smacks of another PR disaster. When will it end?

@LouisMend this was cut off mid-flow. Anything of note said after it?
    Yeh little bit more after, it's all in here

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115441
  • ross1 said:

If not KF or Euell, should have been JJ, the only reason I can see for it being Henderson is that he is popular with the supporters. He nearly let it slip that there should be a change of manager

According to Louis, it would have been either Jacko or Henderson, but Henderson was available first and the media were (understandably) getting restive by that point. Well it was nearly closing time in the pubs :smile:
    This is correct. Also, my hotel served me pints until 1am so we were fine.
  • LouisMend said:

ross1 said:

This is correct. Also, my hotel served me pints until 1am so we were fine.
    I saw the photo, and after yesterday evening you definitely deserved them!
  • So sad to see that interview. Poor Stephen Henderson doesn't deserve to be treated like that by this coward of an interim manager.

Why hasn't Karel gone yet? Why is nothing come out of the club this morning? They MUST get a decent manager in today, no matter what it is going to cost them. If they don't then it is going to cost them an awful lot more when we are relegated. That manager must be given a good budget and have the freedom to choose his players.

• I'm a big fan Hendo fan. Top keeper, top bloke.

Me too.
  • Just listened to the interview. Making a player who has just conceded 5 goals and clearly cares about the football club is a disgrace. Karel you are a complete and utter c*** - crawl back under the stone you came from you slimy little weasel. If I was Henderson id punch him in the face at the first available opportunity.

Poor excuse for a scout / coach / Interim coach and most importantly Human Being. Get the fuck out of this club.

• Painful to watch. Hat's off to Hendo for facing it. Shame his manager wasn't man enough.
  • Same interview here with video and few more questions at the end....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QylTqvfHsyM

3.50 - Interviewer "It's the first game I've seen this season".....Is that right ?