Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

karel fraeye tributes

I'd just like to thank Karel for the great work he did as our interim manager - a great communicator and leader.

Wishing Wim all the best as our new interim but tbh not sure if he can fill Karel's shoes.

Please feel free to reflect on your favourite memories of Karel's reign.

Comments

• Options
    Loved your Waistcoat, cant remember when you wore it thoug
  • Options

The cleanest getaway by any Charlton manager ever!

Is that his waistcoat hanging out the top?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nope. Can't think of anything good.

Who was he again?
  • Options

A little part of me died when I heard he was leaving us. Great man, I fear we won't see his like again.

I still fear we will.
  • Options

When one thinks of the managerial heavyweights in British football, for me it's:

Clough
    Ferguson
    Shankly
    Fraeye
    Busby
    Paisley

You seemed to have spelt Chapman as Fraeye
  • Options
    See ya, have a good life.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I saved this as his wallpaper on his laptop before he left.

Crickey you had a sex change Clem? :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    rallied the troops at a difficult time, earned the respect of the players and customers and most importantly, put together a fabulous run of results playing tikka takka football.

only one word can describe him-mastermind.

we won't see his like again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    During his spell he was my favorite Karel, only in 2nd place after Christmas Carol.

On a side note, I hate Christmas Carol's.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    May he find ever more capacious laundry baskets for match days to come where ever he lands....
  • Options
    Dear Monsieur Fraeye,

May I commend you on your 3 month masquerade as a football club team manager in London-on-Thames. You managed to hold on for a long time and although you played out the prank to the best of your ability, I am sorry to have to tell you that you never really had us fooled.

May I also inform you that if you ever attempt to carry out this sort of prank again in the UK, we generally only do it for fun on April 1st; something historically referred to as 'April FOOLS Day'. You are welcome to that info/advice gratis; see it as repayment for making my day today after a pants day at work in the world of corporate sycophancy (something with which you may be familiar?).

Anyway, best wishes for your future and good luck in your return to the role of La Grand 'Carrousel' ride operator at the Walibi Belgium family amusement park.
  • Options
    His tactical nous was too advanced for the Charlton faithful. Who can get forget bringing on a teenage left back to play at right back whilst moving our right back into midfield? We scored soon after, so that proved his point right? Right? Errr. Goodbye and thanks for the memories.
  • Options
    Has he said goodbye and thanked the fans for their support yet?
  • Options
    I feel that it won't be until we are looking back, many years from now, at who he gave their first team debut to that we realise what a truly great interim head coach we had.

• Options
    My tribute as I celebrate his departure at last.
  • Options
    Karel Fraeye. A bigger comedian than Michael Macintyre, a lesser football coach than George Weah's brother-in-law but most importantly a better puppet than Orville.