Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

karel fraeye tributes

124»

Comments

• masicat said:

As a manager he proved to be a disaster. However, I hope if anyone on here gets offered a big job which they grab with both hands , and one they eventually fail at, then it's the boss to blame and not you. Seems a shame the man has been called a cunt, wanker and a loser when he was doing the job to the best of his ability. To be at the Colchester game and have some twat shouting at you from the other side of the gate seems unfair in my book. I wondered at the time what job that bloke was in, and whether he suffered personal abuse as Karel did. Pity some of the players who haven't been trying their best didn't get more stick.

Where as I don't condone personal abuse, if someone asked me to take a job as a headmaster (I work in education) I would tell them to do one as I am not qualified to do that job and it would be negligent for the staff and students for me to do so. Karal must have known that he was woefully under qualified to manage a Championship team and in him taking the job he has adversely effected a big community of people.
  • How many managers step up and don't make it ? I'm not sure if you took a job as Headmaster you would be subjected to personal abuse ? If there is a manager out there who would turn down a big job then he shouldn't be doing the job. Every time you go to the Valley you sit with 15000 people who feel they could manage the team. I'm glad he has gone, but I don't like the abuse. in 1973 I took a job selling insurance, and I was bloody hopeless. Every time I returned to the office in Pall Mall I didn't walk through a crowd calling me a wanker. However, when I went home I'm sure they said much worse.
  • Champagne's out in our house to bid him farewell.............sorry bid him f..k off
  • edited January 2016
    The spread yourselves out comment during the Colchester debacle will live with me til the day I die.
  • masicat said:

How many managers step up and don't make it ? I'm not sure if you took a job as Headmaster you would be subjected to personal abuse ? If there is a manager out there who would turn down a big job then he shouldn't be doing the job. Every time you go to the Valley you sit with 15000 people who feel they could manage the team. I'm glad he has gone, but I don't like the abuse. in 1973 I took a job selling insurance, and I was bloody hopeless. Every time I returned to the office in Pall Mall I didn't walk through a crowd calling me a wanker. However, when I went home I'm sure they said much worse.

I know, it was a very flippant comparison, but my basic point that people should feel sorry for him as 'he was just doing his job' I still think is silly. He knew what he was getting himself into and his level of experience before he took the job.
  • I should say, hope he gets the Millwall job.
  • Goodbye and good ridance, Karel, and good luck with your future career now its clear it won't be in football management
  • Well, think it's all been said before, but just to reiterate.................. Thank f*%k you've departed you arrogant, delusional, clueless, halfwit of a humanoid. Never darken our shores again!!
  • Sponsored links:

• We'll miss the waistcoat.
    Playing six up front.
    That green mini you drive.
  • A little part of me died when I heard he was leaving us. Great man, I fear we won't see his like again.

He isn't sacked in real terms he's still on the Rd payroll and still part of the network so could reappear any time??
    Watch this space!!
  • Can we do a minute's rasberry in the 44th minute? A fitting tribute.

Wish I could be there for that.
  • Dear Karel,

I hope your cock drops off.

Regards

Simple message, yet genius
  • He had a girls name.
  • A little part of me died when I heard he was leaving us. Great man, I fear we won't see his like again.

He isn't sacked in real terms he's still on the Rd payroll and still part of the network so could reappear any time??
    Watch this space!!
    He'll probably be engineering some fantastic non-league-standard transfers from mainland Europe for the start of next season.
  • I'm dissapointed that he still hasn't thanked us wonderful fans for all our support.
  • I left a few tributes to Karel in the porcelain throne this morning.
  • Karel stick with it and you could be the next Guy Luzon!
  • Sod off you utter fraud.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016
    Karel , every cloud has a silver lining as they say, you may not have cracked it at Charlton, but look on the bright side, you could always go on QVC with your own range of laundry baskets.
  • 'Voice of The Valley has also been told that a meeting took place at the weekend involving Fraeye, Meire, chairman Richard Murray and two senior players at which Meire asked the players in front of Fraeye whether the latter was good enough to continue.

We have learned that Fraeye himself advised the club that it needed to appoint a manager with British experience to succeed him'

Karel was right about that. Hope he does well in whatever he takes on next.
  • I'm in the camp that believes that he did the best he could but wasn't up to the job. I'm not sure if I blame him for taking a job that he was clearly not able to do but if the rumours of him boasting about getting the job long before he was appointed are true, then the chap is too arrogant and has no humility. He was quite happy to ride the story that he 'masterminded' our escape two years ago when, clearly, he failed, miserably, to contribute anything during his time with us. The tactics were no better that a child playing FIFA on the Playstation.

Over all I think he was arrogant to believe that he was able to make the jump up from Belgian third division to us and he should have gone to the management to offer to step down weeks ago when there was still time to give the new chap a chance to assess the squad and make some changes.

For these reasons I have no sympathy or respect for him. He is clearly incompetent and I have no sympathy or respect for anyone else that employs him. In the same way that Mourinho is the 'golden ticket' that will win a club honours, this fool comes with the guarantee that the club will fail.

Good riddance!
  • No sympathy for him - took a job he was clearly unable to do and caused chaos in the process. What the hell did the deluded fool expect to happen?
  • edited January 2016

I'd just like to thank Karel for the great work he did as our interim manager - a great communicator and leader.

Wishing Wim all the best as our new interim but tbh not sure if he can fill Karel's shoes.

Please feel free to reflect on your favourite memories of Karel's reign.

Clowns do have big feet.

Also, does anyone know when KM's internship is over?
  • Godstone said:

'Voice of The Valley has also been told that a meeting took place at the weekend involving Fraeye, Meire, chairman Richard Murray and two senior players at which Meire asked the players in front of Fraeye whether the latter was good enough to continue.

We have learned that Fraeye himself advised the club that it needed to appoint a manager with British experience to succeed him'

Glad to see that someone at the club had their head screwed on about this issue, a bit shocked and saddened it was Fraeye though.
  • LuckyReds said:

Godstone said:

'Voice of The Valley has also been told that a meeting took place at the weekend involving Fraeye, Meire, chairman Richard Murray and two senior players at which Meire asked the players in front of Fraeye whether the latter was good enough to continue.

Glad to see that someone at the club had their head screwed on about this issue, a bit shocked and saddened it was Fraeye though.
    I heard that too and that KF wasn't the only one.
  • LuckyReds said:

Godstone said:

I heard that too and that KF wasn't the only one.
    And pleased to know that after more than a year of blind obstinance the club took the comment on board.
  • Meire's School of Management

"Thanks for nothing Fraeye..................................Riga's back"