Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

karel fraeye tributes

Comments

• Options

When one thinks of the managerial heavyweights in British football, for me it's:

Clough
    Ferguson
    Shankly
    Fraeye
    Busby
    Paisley

Steve Evans surely?
  • Options
    Thanks Karel. Your attacking instincts and tactics were like no-one else. Except me when I was 6.
    Thanks everyone else - this thread has cheered me up no end.
  • Options
    Would be brilliant to have an ovation on the 44 minute with the Undertaker's theme tune over the tannoy.
  • Options
    Highlights of Karel's Charlton career:

Assisting a successful battle against relegation with Jose Riga
    2 good wins which for about a couple of weeks made me feel that things were turning around.

Managers usually give everything they've got and I'm sure Karel did his best. If I was Charlton manager I'd give my best but would be hopeless at it, so I don't blame him for that but rather the wisdom of the appointment in the first place.
  • Options
    Ali Dia of football management
  • Options
    Do one, you coward. You should never manage a team again.
  • Options
    So disappointed that this didn't end with the OP
  • Options
    I admire his steadfastness, Karel's not for Turing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To paraphrase Walter White:
    "Fuck you Karel.... and your moustache!"
  • Options

Do one, you coward. You should never manage a team again.

Have to admit this is the most heart-felt comment of them all... Brings a tear to my eye
  • Options
    I'm just disappointed that we wont see any more Charlie Chuckles graphics after the games.
  • Options

I'm just disappointed that we wont see any more Charlie Chuckles graphics after the games.

Don't speak too soon we we've got Wim next and then who knows? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Congratulations on successfully proving that Cristiano Ronaldo is not the only winking wanker in Football (loose meaning on the word football).
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Congratulations on successfully proving that Cristiano Ronaldo is not the only winking wanker in Football (loose meaning on the word football).

Either way round this phrase is spot on! :wink:
  • Options
    Say what you want but you have to admire him for convincing Roland that he knew what football was for such a long time.

A coward, a useless tactician, but a Grade A bullshitter
  • Options
    (With full acknowledgment to E.J. Thribb)

In Memoriam
    Karel Fraeye

So. Farewell then
    Karel Fraeye
    'Interim' Head Coach
    From Roland's Network.

It would seem that
    You are gone.

But are you?

We have been
    Hoaxed before.

So why not now?

But then. Does
    Anyone really leave
    The Network?

This is the enigma.
  • Options
    An anagram of his name is

Faker Ye Real
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Many men try, but few, if any, will ever be able to better set up a team to concede a goal just before half time. Was he an idiot? Or was he a savant? Perhaps, like Roland, he wanted to challenge footballing norms by proving that conceding before half time is not the worst...when you concede three or four in the second half.
  • Options
    Could we not keep him on in charge of substitutions ? After all he was the only one who understood them.
  • Options
    Legend.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Could we not keep him on in charge of substitutions ? After all he was the only one who understood them.

I just realized he only used two subs up at Huddersfield, after having used his subs bizarrely and early in seemingly every other game. A true legend in his own head.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Granpa said:

I just realized he only used two subs up at Huddersfield, after having used his subs bizarrely and early in seemingly every other game. A true legend in his own head.
    3 subs

THD for Fox
    Reza for Williams
    Mak for JBG
  • Options
    Thank you Karel for your efforts at Charlton
    Swapping fullbacks at 1 nil down was unexpected genius
    Your legacy in SE7 will be to have set a new low below which future appointees will struggle to fall
    You have elevated my standing in the annals of the club
    Love & best wishes
    Les Reed
    xx
  • Options
    As a manager he proved to be a disaster. However, I hope if anyone on here gets offered a big job which they grab with both hands , and one they eventually fail at, then it's the boss to blame and not you. Seems a shame the man has been called a cunt, wanker and a loser when he was doing the job to the best of his ability. To be at the Colchester game and have some twat shouting at you from the other side of the gate seems unfair in my book. I wondered at the time what job that bloke was in, and whether he suffered personal abuse as Karel did. Pity some of the players who haven't been trying their best didn't get more stick.
  • Options
    Karel Fraeye? Well, I particularly enjoyed his 1987 hit single Hey Matthew.
  • Options
    This must be an early contender for thread of the year 2016.