Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

karel fraeye tributes

Comments

• He was out of his depth , didn't AV a clue , looked quite smart in Jose Rigas grey suit though .

• I especially remember the post-Huddersfield interview. Full of insight and wonder.

Some would say it was the best of his entire tenure. It's only fitting that he would end his memorable time here on a high note.
  • MrOneLung said:

Goodbye Sweet Carol.

To honour your time at the club Charlton have decided to retire the 44th minute.

Brilliant. He should from now on be remembered as mr 44.
  • Carol you were a man ahead of your time. About 44 minutes.
  • Big party round our house spelling it out in Black & White. Carol it's been a roller coaster, well at least the downhill bit of a coaster !
  • Thanks Karel. You at least made some people on customers' forums think they were half funny for a bit.
  • Playing the 2 3 5 formation in 2015 was my favourite
  • A truly remarkable tactician who bought the wonders of the Belgian third division to the hallowed turf of the Valley. Innovative team selection of four strikers in the starting line up against a poor Wolves side - and yet - managing to keep the score down to a 0 2 reverse.

I wish him well as he auditions for the remake of ‘Allo ‘Allo.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm just disappointed we did get to see the rush Goalie tactic
  • For a short time, many of us, possibly all of us bar colin, had a better tactical awareness of the game than a professional football manager. We should be grateful to Karel for that.
  • He was smiling to the end.

Minutes applause on Saturday for our Carol.
  • It takes a lot to impress me Carol but I can say without any fear of contradiction that you are definately Charlton's worse coach ever. That is a fact and a conclusion not taken lightly, considering the competition. Well done and good luck in whatever you try next.
  • a standing ovation in the 44th minute would be an appropriate tribute
  • Can we honour him with a minutes applause in the 44th minute and have him picture on the big screen for his tireless work and contribution in his time here.
  • Tweet your messages of thanks to @cafcofficial using the hashtag #thankskarel
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Playing the 2 3 5 formation in 2015 was my favourite

At times against MK Dons we were 5-0-5
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Tweet your messages of thanks to @cafcofficial using the hashtag #thankskarel

This is a quality idea and deserves its own thread. Get it trending!
  • My mum always said, "if you haven't got anything good to say, then say nothing."

"NOTHING"
  • Good luck ringing more bells at Norte Dame. Pillock.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Playing the 2 3 5 formation in 2015 was my favourite

At times against MK Dons we were 5-0-5
    Or as Karel called it, the Hawaii Five 0 Five.
  • I am particularly saddened that I was unable to give him the send off he deserved at our next home game.
  • At least you wont get arrested now
  • I'd like to thank him as i've seen more goals at Charlton matches these past 14 games than I usually would, just a shame the majority were in our own net!
  • I will always fondly remember him for the retort when asked what he thought about the fans who traveled to watch them lose "it was not good". The man was Belgiums answer to the next Shakespeare.