Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SLP Piece - Fraeye Couldn't Stand the Heat

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115495

My piece looking at how Fraeye's persona and dealings with the press changed during his time in SE7

Comments

• Options
    Great read - interesting he seems to have spent more time on here than us!
  • Options
    Very good piece, Louis. Especially in documenting that the lack of relevant experience and the disdain for the fans runs through every level of the club now.

You can only know if someone can deal with the kind of scrutiny a Championship manager has to put up with by seeing him do it. Which is why it's madness to hire someone with zero experience of this kind of pressure.
  • Options
    Hate to say it but it shows why he wasnt up to the job... Yes we the fans will always come out with criticism on the forums and on social media, yes it'll be aimed at the Manager and Players but as a professional you've just got to ignore it, get on with the job your being paid to do and pretend its not happening.

Ignorance is bliss!!
  • Options
    Grave indeed.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115495

My piece looking at how Fraeye's persona and dealings with the press changed during his time in SE7

Excellent piece.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting article.
  • Options
    Or....if the players aren't fit you park the bus. If the alternative is to tell the players to 'spread out', or send on written instructions, or play Mackienok as a winger, or move a bewildered Solly to midfield.
    Even with the biggest hard luck story of all we should have at least 4 more points than we do, or got, under Karel 'Mr Just Before Half Time' Fraeye.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

How the hell did he manage 3 - 1 win against Wendies and 1 - 0 at Brum? I will be pondering that for a long time. Perhaps he could have done alright with a few fit players available?

The Wendies result was thoroughly deserved, got ourselves in front and took our chances, they huffed and puffed had plenty of possession but underestimated us. The following game (after an international break and recharging of the batteries) motivation was still high and they ground out a result against a poor Brum side struggling to win home games. Youngsters THD and Lookman gave the team a freshness and combined to set up JJ for the winner in the second half. Sadly for our survival chances but not surprisingly the upturn never lasted under Fromage who went mouldy very quickly.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

How the hell did he manage 3 - 1 win against Wendies and 1 - 0 at Brum? I will be pondering that for a long time. Perhaps he could have done alright with a few fit players available?

The Wendies result was thoroughly deserved, got ourselves in front and took our chances, they huffed and puffed had plenty of possession but underestimated us. The following game ( after international al break and recharging of the batteries) motivation was still high and they ground out a result against a poor Brum side struggling to win home games. Youngsters THD and Lookman gave the team a freshness and combined to set up JJ for the winner in the second half. Sadly for our survival chances but not surprisingly the upturn never lasted under Fromage who went mouldy very quickly.
    Suppose I'm playing Devil's Advocate a little.
    So, who was to blame for the capitulation against Brighton?
    That's my final quizzical question on the matter.
  • Options
    'Unused to this level of examination in his previous role at Belgian third division side VW Hamme, Fraeye sought out and read everything written about him and the club on social media and forums. He took it all immensely personally.'

Didn't bloody change anything though, did it? We still turned up to games with four strikers in the starting 11 and no idea how to see out a game past 15 minutes. What's the point in seeking out criticism and taking it personally if you don't at least take the useful points on board? The bloke's an idiot.
  • Options
    Missed the "I'll be back" quote from his previous stint which shows how he'd been pressing Roly for his chance.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

RedChaser said:

The Wendies result was thoroughly deserved, got ourselves in front and took our chances, they huffed and puffed had plenty of possession but underestimated us. The following game ( after international al break and recharging of the batteries) motivation was still high and they ground out a result against a poor Brum side struggling to win home games. Youngsters THD and Lookman gave the team a freshness and combined to set up JJ for the winner in the second half. Sadly for our survival chances but not surprisingly the upturn never lasted under Fromage who went mouldy very quickly.
    Suppose I'm playing Devil's Advocate a little.
    So, who was to blame for the capitulation against Brighton?
    That's my final quizzical question on the matter.
    Can't give you a first hand report on that one but Bauer was shown a red on the hour mark and the ten men cracked as two late goals went in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I actually find myself feeling a bit sorry for him.

Don't be.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

The Wendies result was thoroughly deserved, got ourselves in front and took our chances, they huffed and puffed had plenty of possession but underestimated us. The following game (after an international break and recharging of the batteries) motivation was still high and they ground out a result against a poor Brum side struggling to win home games. Youngsters THD and Lookman gave the team a freshness and combined to set up JJ for the winner in the second half. Sadly for our survival chances but not surprisingly the upturn never lasted under Fromage who went mouldy very quickly.
    Good one, Love the fromage bit, can't believe i didn't pick up on that earlier.
  • Options
    Fair play on the Birmingham win but Sheffield Wednesday were very poor that day.

I don't feel sorry for Fraeye whatsoever. He thought he was a football manager and reality has smacked him in the face.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

RedChaser said:

Good one, Love the fromage bit, can't believe i didn't pick up on that earlier.
    Cheers but I have to come clean, I nicked it off Soapy (excuse the pun :wink: )
  • Options
    Interesting piece, the final line does it for me......
    .....Charlton’s situation is grave.
  • Options
    Top job Louis
  • Options
    good piece Louis