Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SLP Piece - Fraeye Couldn't Stand the Heat

Comments

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

Nicholas said:

Karel if you are reading this your a disgrace, now go back to Belgian and manage a team in front of 10 people like you did before.

That's the sort of poisonous shit that's unnecessary.

Some of the stuff that gets written on here is bang out of order.

IF anyone is looking for a good read - try reading Robert Enke's book. For those who don't know he is the for German international goalkeeper who killed himself because of the pressures of football. A fucking game.

We may not be happy but as far as I am concerned the players and Karel are/were not the problem. They are not paid enough to deal with the shit they are dealing with from thousands of people every week. I reiterate it's a game.

The regime are the bulk of the problem but from tomorrow onwards we should be absolutely 100% behind Jose Riga and the team. That's the only way out of this mess.

As mym deceased mother taught me - if you have nothing nice to say - don't say anything.

So you wont be happy saying that when the Belgians finally go then? He was a disgrace and should have walked away a long time ago.
    Show a bit of class Nicholas ffs.

Oh do shut up. The amount that's been said about him Katrien and Roland on here and yet you want to pull me up on that. These lot have totally killed the club I have loved and followed all my life, so if their little regime breaks down in anyway I will be the first to tell them to piss off.

Class lol
    Read the thread. No one is suggesting they are not glad he's gone. It's just unecessary to paint the bloke as some sort of criminal. It's only football mate. Get a life.

What he did in the time he was here was criminal. Football is my life.
    Let me guess, you've got a poster of Danny dyer with the caption "WOT ELSE YA GANA DO ON A SA'ERDAY?" On your wall?
    Very strange
    Yes, you don't seem to have any self awareness or a sense of humour. Oh well.
  • Options

Dunno why people are digging out Nicholas?!

I think Fraeye is a coward and a prick. There are hundreds of better suited people for the managers job at Charlton Athletic. Jobs for the boys its called isnt it?

He has probably earned a few quid whilst being not only an awful manager/coach, but he left his own staff out to dry only a few days ago. Fuck him.

And i hope RD croaks soon.

Why thankyou VG.

He gets slated the whole time he was manager and now his gone they wont hear a bad word against him.

Some even saying I may be responsible for his future death.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

Nicholas said:

Karel if you are reading this your a disgrace, now go back to Belgian and manage a team in front of 10 people like you did before.

IF anyone is looking for a good read - try reading Robert Enke's book. For those who don't know he is the for German international goalkeeper who killed himself because of the pressures of football. A fucking game.

We may not be happy but as far as I am concerned the players and Karel are/were not the problem. They are not paid enough to deal with the shit they are dealing with from thousands of people every week. I reiterate it's a game.

The regime are the bulk of the problem but from tomorrow onwards we should be absolutely 100% behind Jose Riga and the team. That's the only way out of this mess.

As mym deceased mother taught me - if you have nothing nice to say - don't say anything.

So you wont be happy saying that when the Belgians finally go then? He was a disgrace and should have walked away a long time ago.

Oh do shut up. The amount that's been said about him Katrien and Roland on here and yet you want to pull me up on that. These lot have totally killed the club I have loved and followed all my life, so if their little regime breaks down in anyway I will be the first to tell them to piss off.

Class lol
    Read the thread. No one is suggesting they are not glad he's gone. It's just unecessary to paint the bloke as some sort of criminal. It's only football mate. Get a life.

Let me guess, you've got a poster of Danny dyer with the caption "WOT ELSE YA GANA DO ON A SA'ERDAY?" On your wall?
    Very strange
    No I just didn't get it.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Chunes said:

LouisMend said:

Chunes said:

@LouisMend how do you know about the forum and social media watching? Seems pretty personal knowledge that you wouldn't expect someone to share.

I don't want to go into that too much but the piece relates to Karel's reading of both press articles and social media and how his personal reaction to stories and assumptions on both changed his persona and dealings with the press throughout his time here.
    It was just this paragraph really stuck out to me:

Unused to this level of examination in his previous role at Belgian third division side VW Hamme, Fraeye sought out and read everything written about him and the club on social media and forums. He took it all immensely personally.

Just wondering if you're saying this is a fact or that you're basing it on observations in changes in his behavior over time.
    Like I say I don't wanna go in to too much detail but I know for a fact that he took stuff in the press and on forums to heart personally.
    Then I am astonished by his naivety. This is British football. The Championship is one of the most harsh and demanding leagues in the world. The sports press here are relentless, perhaps only Italy are worse on the entire planet. What did he honestly think he was signing up for?!?
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Nicholas said:

Well no actually, Robert Enke killed himself because he had clinical depression, which is a disease. His unsuccessful moves abroad, particularly Barcelona, certainly didn't help and he was constantly experiencing self-doubt because of the nature of his role, but he actually killed himself during the most successful and calmest footballing spell of his career, which is one of the truly horrible aspects of depression. The death of his daughter is really what pushed him into a place where he couldn't recover.

It is definitely a book worth reading though, really heartbreaking account of depression.
    I'm only halfway through - he's still at Barca for me.

You just ruined the ending :-)

Joking aside I know depression was the reason but the whole football/fans/stress side of it was a massive factor. Looking at Karel towards the end and he looked to have the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Swisdom said:

Nicholas said:

I agree to a point, but as Louis's article suggests it was the type of venom that got rid of him. He read it.
    I don't think the venom played a part. Losing to Col U and then getting pumped at Huddersfield sealed his fate

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

Nicholas said:

Class lol

Very strange
    No I just didn't get it.
    The beginning of football factory? I thought you said football was your life?
  • Options
    I don't want to praise you too much Louis you may get a transfer
    to the Independent (or the Sunday sport !)

Great article thou.

Not sure if this has been mentioned on other social media outlets or other
    threads on CL but BBC London news are showing footage of the demo, and should be on from 6.30 tonight as long as no other major London sports story breaks in the meantime.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

The thing is, he believed he was suitable for the job. Why? Because the richest and most successful business man in Belgian instilled that belief in him.

RD isn't the richest and/or most successful businessman in Belgium. He doesn't even rank in the top 10.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dunno why people are digging out Nicholas?!

I think Fraeye is a coward and a prick. There are hundreds of better suited people for the managers job at Charlton Athletic. Jobs for the boys its called isnt it?

He has probably earned a few quid whilst being not only an awful manager/coach, but he left his own staff out to dry only a few days ago. Fuck him.

And i hope RD croaks soon.

Really. You need to have a good look at yourself mate.

• Options

Was Frayes username on here desperatePete?

Would explain a lot : - )
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

Nicholas said:

Class lol

Very strange
    No I just didn't get it.
    The beginning of football factory? I thought you said football was your life?
    Oh ok sorry saw the film years ago. If I would have known it was a DD quote I would never have said it :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I do have a small amount of sympathy for Fraeye because he must have had a punishing few months and, since he took it all to heart, is no doubt in a very bad place mentally right now.

The problem with most of RD's lieutenants is that they are not strong characters and are unable to refuse him. They are unable to say to him, no, that's not for me, I CAN'T do it.

Did RD build his electronics empire by trusting people like that? Who knows? But the fault of over-promoting average Joes and putting them in pressure situations they can't cope with lies firmly with him.
  • Options
    At the very least, we might have dissuaded him from wearing the waistcoat.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I do have a small amount of sympathy for Fraeye because he must have had a punishing few months and, since he took it all to heart, is no doubt in a very bad place mentally right now.

The problem with most of RD's lieutenants is that they are not strong characters and are unable to refuse him. They are unable to say to him, no, that's not for me, I CAN'T do it.

Did RD build his electronics empire by trusting people like that? Who knows? But the fault of over-promoting average Joes and putting them in pressure situations they can't cope with lies firmly with him.

It's not a fault though. It's deliberate, that is precisely why he puts people in these roles.

They are there because they are young, inexperienced and do not have the experience or fortitude to question and stand up to him. He is an autocrat.
    I agree exactly. I mean fault in the sense of blame. Incidentally, another reason he picks them is that they're cheap.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

I've nothing against him personally, the real blame lies with idiots who think they can run a multi million pound football business like an electronics manufacturing outfit.

I wonder about this. I'm pretty certain that running his other businesses thus way would run them into the ground. My guess is that he has competent management in his other companies, who have experience and understand the business they are in. Why he thinks he doesn't need that same skill level to run a professional football team is a mystery. I sometimes wonder if he thinks it's the same as running a sports and social club.
  • Options
    Now he's gone I only feel sorry for him in the sense that he very much didn't know what he was getting himself into. I feel sorry for people that are deluded and have opinions of themselves that no one else shares.

A young manager that had no playing career and no impressive history of football management.

Out of his depth is an understatement and the fact that he's taken all this personally and researched opinion of himself...it's just kind of self explanatory.

It's incredibly insulting to our club that he was given the job, interim or whatever in the 1st place.

Get back on the horse Fraeye but do something your good at. Football management in England certainly isn't one of them.
    You at least needed to be able to handle the press....on top of actually having a clue about football.