Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SLP Piece - Fraeye Couldn't Stand the Heat

Comments

• Options
    Glad he's gone. Charlton job was totally beyond his skill set. I don't blame him for either wanting or taking the job. I'm sure he genuinely believed it was within his capabilities. He showed a certain arrogance prior to his appointment and I think the whole tragic experience will be very chastening for him. He looked a very broken figure in the end. I hope he has learned from his disasterous time at The Valley and I hope he bounces back. Elsewhere.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Nicholas said:

Karel if you are reading this your a disgrace, now go back to Belgian and manage a team in front of 10 people like you did before.

That's the sort of poisonous shit that's unnecessary.

Some of the stuff that gets written on here is bang out of order.

IF anyone is looking for a good read - try reading Robert Enke's book. For those who don't know he is the for German international goalkeeper who killed himself because of the pressures of football. A fucking game.

We may not be happy but as far as I am concerned the players and Karel are/were not the problem. They are not paid enough to deal with the shit they are dealing with from thousands of people every week. I reiterate it's a game.

The regime are the bulk of the problem but from tomorrow onwards we should be absolutely 100% behind Jose Riga and the team. That's the only way out of this mess.

As mym deceased mother taught me - if you have nothing nice to say - don't say anything.

Yeah but footballers/managers get paid lots of money, so should be able to perform to 100% all the time and never do anything wrong. Like me who has never had an off day at work once in my life.

I don't agree with any personal abuse leveled at Karal, and obviously he would have wanted to do well at Charlton, however I cannot forgive him for the anguish he has caused Charlton fans after knowingly taking a position he was not equipped for.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Missed It said:

The fact is, his selfish ambition and hubris have cost us 14 games where the team could have been getting out of the relegation zone. We are the ones who will end up feeling sorry in the third division!

Yes he could of resigned but I blame Katrien and not Karel for those wasted 14-matches.

Karel is someone from the Belgian Third Division, would you seriously resign from the Manchester United or Barcelona job if it fell into your lap, regardless of how results are going and what the fans think?

What I hate Karel for is leaving his players (Henderson) to face the media after debacles that he created
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Nicholas said:

Karel if you are reading this your a disgrace, now go back to Belgian and manage a team in front of 10 people like you did before.

IF anyone is looking for a good read - try reading Robert Enke's book. For those who don't know he is the for German international goalkeeper who killed himself because of the pressures of football. A fucking game.

We may not be happy but as far as I am concerned the players and Karel are/were not the problem. They are not paid enough to deal with the shit they are dealing with from thousands of people every week. I reiterate it's a game.

The regime are the bulk of the problem but from tomorrow onwards we should be absolutely 100% behind Jose Riga and the team. That's the only way out of this mess.

As mym deceased mother taught me - if you have nothing nice to say - don't say anything.

I agree to a point, but as Louis's article suggests it was the type of venom that got rid of him. He read it.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

How the hell did he manage 3 - 1 win against Wendies and 1 - 0 at Brum? I will be pondering that for a long time. Perhaps he could have done alright with a few fit players available?

The Wendies result was thoroughly deserved, got ourselves in front and took our chances, they huffed and puffed had plenty of possession but underestimated us. The following game ( after international al break and recharging of the batteries) motivation was still high and they ground out a result against a poor Brum side struggling to win home games. Youngsters THD and Lookman gave the team a freshness and combined to set up JJ for the winner in the second half. Sadly for our survival chances but not surprisingly the upturn never lasted under Fromage who went mouldy very quickly.
    Suppose I'm playing Devil's Advocate a little.
    So, who was to blame for the capitulation against Brighton?
    That's my final quizzical question on the matter.
    Can't give you a first hand report on that one but Bauer was shown a red on the hour mark and the ten men cracked as two late goals went in.
    Forgot that. Still, Brighton not that good as current form suggests. Should have reorganised and done better imo.
  • Options
    Seems stupid to blame someone who was just trying to do his job. Not really his fault that he couldn't do it!

Same thing goes for the players - especially the younger ones whose careers may have been ruined by joining our miserable club.

I am honestly ashamed to be associated with Charlton Athletic at the moment.

Fortunately there seem to be a lot of good people trying to put things right so all is not lost. But let's be realistic about who is at fault!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Nicholas said:

So you wont be happy saying that when the Belgians finally go then? He was a disgrace and should have walked away a long time ago.
  • Options
    Les Reed all over again and a period that could well cost us our league status again.
  • Options
    The thing is, he believed he was suitable for the job. Why? Because the richest and most successful business man in Belgian instilled that belief in him.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Exactly Clem. He engineered the appointment, undermined multiple managers, assisted in signing some dog shit players and is a representative of the regime.

Then when he finally got the job he'd been chasing for so long found out that he couldn't man manage, had no respect from the players and his best tactical move was to push the team into a 4-1-5 and tell them to spread out.

I hope you are still reading this forum Fraeye. You've been a massive part of the downfall of this club and I genuinely hope you feel absolutely terrible.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

Nicholas said:

So you wont be happy saying that when the Belgians finally go then? He was a disgrace and should have walked away a long time ago.
    Show a bit of class Nicholas ffs.

Oh do shut up. The amount that's been said about him Katrien and Roland on here and yet you want to pull me up on that. These lot have totally killed the club I have loved and followed all my life, so if their little regime breaks down in anyway I will be the first to tell them to piss off.

Class lol
    Read the thread. No one is suggesting they are not glad he's gone. It's just unecessary to paint the bloke as some sort of criminal. It's only football mate. Get a life.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    @LouisMend how do you know about the forum and social media watching? Seems pretty personal knowledge that you wouldn't expect someone to share.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

@LouisMend how do you know about the forum and social media watching? Seems pretty personal knowledge that you wouldn't expect someone to share.

I don't want to go into that too much but the piece relates to Karel's reading of both press articles and social media and how his personal reaction to stories and assumptions on both changed his persona and dealings with the press throughout his time here.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    LouisMend said:

Chunes said:

I don't want to go into that too much but the piece relates to Karel's reading of both press articles and social media and how his personal reaction to stories and assumptions on both changed his persona and dealings with the press throughout his time here.
    It was just this paragraph really stuck out to me:

Unused to this level of examination in his previous role at Belgian third division side VW Hamme, Fraeye sought out and read everything written about him and the club on social media and forums. He took it all immensely personally.

Just wondering if you're saying this is a fact or that you're basing it on observations in changes in his behavior over time.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

Nicholas said:

Show a bit of class Nicholas ffs.

Oh do shut up. The amount that's been said about him Katrien and Roland on here and yet you want to pull me up on that. These lot have totally killed the club I have loved and followed all my life, so if their little regime breaks down in anyway I will be the first to tell them to piss off.

Class lol
    Read the thread. No one is suggesting they are not glad he's gone. It's just unecessary to paint the bloke as some sort of criminal. It's only football mate. Get a life.

What he did in the time he was here was criminal. Football is my life.
    Let me guess, you've got a poster of Danny dyer with the caption "WOT ELSE YA GANA DO ON A SA'ERDAY?" On your wall?
    Very strange
  • Options
    Chunes said:

LouisMend said:

Chunes said:

It was just this paragraph really stuck out to me:

Unused to this level of examination in his previous role at Belgian third division side VW Hamme, Fraeye sought out and read everything written about him and the club on social media and forums. He took it all immensely personally.

Just wondering if you're saying this is a fact or that you're basing it on observations in changes in his behavior over time.
    Like I say I don't wanna go in to too much detail but I know for a fact that he took stuff in the press and on forums to heart personally.