Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SLP Piece - Fraeye Couldn't Stand the Heat

1235»

Comments

• Options
    You're never going to see anything good about yourself by looking at football forums. Football fans are notoriously fickle. That just shows his naivety and how out of his depth he was. The same can be said of our illustrious CEO. This is the caliber of people our illustrious owner is appointing. People totally out of their depth.
  • Options
    It is possible to feel sorry for him because the squad he had to work with was weak. It would have been hard for a good manager to get positive results. But he missed countless oportunities to bring more balance to the ream, and it became clear he was a bit out of his depth. The damage his spell caused should mean people feel sorry for us rather than him though.
  • Options

It is possible to feel sorry for him because the squad he had to work with was weak. It would have been hard for a good manager to get positive results. But he missed countless oportunities to bring more balance to the ream, and it became clear he was a bit out of his depth. The damage his spell caused should mean people feel sorry for us rather than him though.

With respect, but are you on crack?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    image.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Swisdom said:

Nicholas said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Nicholas said:

Karel if you are reading this your a disgrace, now go back to Belgian and manage a team in front of 10 people like you did before.

That's the sort of poisonous shit that's unnecessary.

Some of the stuff that gets written on here is bang out of order.

IF anyone is looking for a good read - try reading Robert Enke's book. For those who don't know he is the for German international goalkeeper who killed himself because of the pressures of football. A fucking game.

We may not be happy but as far as I am concerned the players and Karel are/were not the problem. They are not paid enough to deal with the shit they are dealing with from thousands of people every week. I reiterate it's a game.

The regime are the bulk of the problem but from tomorrow onwards we should be absolutely 100% behind Jose Riga and the team. That's the only way out of this mess.

As mym deceased mother taught me - if you have nothing nice to say - don't say anything.

Well no actually, Robert Enke killed himself because he had clinical depression, which is a disease. His unsuccessful moves abroad, particularly Barcelona, certainly didn't help and he was constantly experiencing self-doubt because of the nature of his role, but he actually killed himself during the most successful and calmest footballing spell of his career, which is one of the truly horrible aspects of depression. The death of his daughter is really what pushed him into a place where he couldn't recover.

It is definitely a book worth reading though, really heartbreaking account of depression.
    I'm only halfway through - he's still at Barca for me.

You just ruined the ending :-)

Joking aside I know depression was the reason but the whole football/fans/stress side of it was a massive factor. Looking at Karel towards the end and he looked to have the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Swisdom said:

Nicholas said:

Karel if you are reading this your a disgrace, now go back to Belgian and manage a team in front of 10 people like you did before.

That's the sort of poisonous shit that's unnecessary.

Some of the stuff that gets written on here is bang out of order.

IF anyone is looking for a good read - try reading Robert Enke's book. For those who don't know he is the for German international goalkeeper who killed himself because of the pressures of football. A fucking game.

We may not be happy but as far as I am concerned the players and Karel are/were not the problem. They are not paid enough to deal with the shit they are dealing with from thousands of people every week. I reiterate it's a game.

The regime are the bulk of the problem but from tomorrow onwards we should be absolutely 100% behind Jose Riga and the team. That's the only way out of this mess.

As mym deceased mother taught me - if you have nothing nice to say - don't say anything.

I agree to a point, but as Louis's article suggests it was the type of venom that got rid of him. He read it.
    I don't think the venom played a part. Losing to Col U and then getting pumped at Huddersfield sealed his fate

So you started preaching to me about a book you hadn't even finished reading.
    Wasn't preaching - just showing the fragility of life when the human mind is at its worst.

Besides..I'm not even reading it. I'm listening to the audiobook
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Don't hate him. People who knew him said he was a nice guy.

But he was also a long term part of the regime and in particular the atrocious player recruitment that is damaging our club.

Bye, bye Karel, hope you find a decent job outside the network.

More importantly, this article shows that fan pressure can and does get to its targets so keep it up.

By any legal or decent means necessary.

Henry, you always bring it back round with a sensible and well thought out comment. I was enjoying the sparring between @ValleyGary and @ShootersHillGuru and @Nicholas @kentaddick.

Why ruin it?
    Shut up big nose