Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watt to remain at The Valley (ed. GONE Blackburn to get much needed game time again)

Comments

• Options

JS5 said:

Can he actually play for anyone else? Thought u can't play for 3 different teams a season! If so and we've rejected there loan he has to stay! X

Poyet played for West ham and MK Dons, then came on loan to us so that can't be right.
    Did he play any domestic games for West Ham though?
  • Options

JS5 said:

Can he actually play for anyone else? Thought u can't play for 3 different teams a season! If so and we've rejected there loan he has to stay! X

Poyet played for West ham and MK Dons, then came on loan to us so that can't be right.
    Did he play any domestic games for West Ham though?
    Thought was a Europa cup game, or something like that.
  • Options

Both those teams would get relegated in my opinion. We need more players to survive. If I was Riga I would be looking to do the following with my first 11:

Henderson (although we could do with him saving more)
    Solly...Johnson....Bauer....THD
    Diarra
    New winger New winger
    JBG
    New big striker Watt

Cousins, Lookman & Vetokele would also get alot of game time and be rotated with the midfielders / strikers as required.

Two wingers, two strikers and JBG? That's even more attacking than the unbalanced teams KF was putting out.
  • Options
    The worry is that Roland or Katrien will think we now have enough forwards with Umerah now featuring in the first team. It's all about numbers with them and not quality. It's too early for him, just like it was too early for KAG.
  • Options
    Yes, you have to give them tasters then breaks. These tasters are for the future, not to help your immediate results. A relegation battle is not the time to blood youngsters although I'm sure his introduction yesterday would have helped him rather than damage as he knew it wasn't his fault and had nothing to lose. I think KAG can become a very good player. But you give him the taste, let him see where he has to improve his game, and let him work on that.
  • Options

Dr Kish reckons our January activity is dependent on selling Watt for £2M.

Can still be sold in the summer, so that doesn't quite stack up for me. It's unlikely the megalomaniac has a cashflow problem. More likely an excuse to sell Lookman.
    No, but he is obsessed with the club balancing books, so he may have the money but insisting that the club pays its way on transfers
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Both those teams would get relegated in my opinion. We need more players to survive. If I was Riga I would be looking to do the following with my first 11:

Henderson (although we could do with him saving more)
    Solly...Johnson....Bauer....THD
    Diarra
    New winger New winger
    JBG
    New big striker Watt

Cousins, Lookman & Vetokele would also get alot of game time and be rotated with the midfielders / strikers as required.

Two wingers, two strikers and JBG? That's even more attacking than the unbalanced teams KF was putting out.
    All I am suggesting is that we play 442 (the most common formation in football) with players who are good enough going forward. Most 442 teams have two strikers, two wide men and one centre mid who can create. That why other teams have shots and score goals. Its not working with the current 433 set up where we have one stranded striker, wingers who cant beat championship full backs and a team that doesn't look like scoring from the min we kick off is it?

If we got some wingers in who brought some excitement / service to our game I even think big Mak might score once a month.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    if we play 4-4-2, we need a couple of better defenders and more graft in midfield.
  • Options
    I hope that Tony Watt comes back, and if he wants badly to get away
    then he can put himself in the shop window to other clubs by
    regaining the form he showed last season!
  • Options

Didn't Sarr cost around £1.8m?? Could we not sell him and Bergdich to get close to £2m? Just sell them to a club that uses statistics to scout players and never watch them in action....

Right, and who in their right mind would buy those two? Crap cheap foreign imports who would struggle in Div 2... which is where we are heading unless we can get rid of Duchbag and his lackeys.
    Face it, unless Riga can turn it round we are going down. Also, if Fraye and his tactics and team selection was the main reason we have been struggling... just remind me, was he at Hull yesterday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Watt fiasco is, as Airman points out, the perfect cover to sell Lookman.

At the heart of this though is the player himself. What with agents, family, Roland's balance sheet, and big clubs wanting yet another trinket, the player is in the middle of a gathering that wants to influence his life for their agenda.

Fraeye has a lot of faults, but his suggestion that Lookman stays, and establishes that he is a Championship capable player first, isn't one of them..
  • Options
    Tony Watt is one of the few players that we have in our armory with the ability to score a goal, surely if he is "a disruptive influence" this is part of the managers job to utilise this "fault". Surely Alex Ferguson did not get along with every player at Man U during his reign as manager. Almost every exceptional sports person seems to have a flaw in their character (Best/Marsh/Costa even our own Derek Hales etc) the managers job is to make sure this is channeled to get the best out of him as he is without a doubt a talented player.
  • Options
    sarge1g said:

Tony Watt is one of the few players that we have in our armory with the ability to score a goal, surely if he is "a disruptive influence" this is part of the managers job to utilise this "fault". Surely Alex Ferguson did not get along with every player at Man U during his reign as manager. Almost every exceptional sports person seems to have a flaw in their character (Best/Marsh/Costa even our own Derek Hales etc) the managers job is to make sure this is channeled to get the best out of him as he is without a doubt a talented player.

It's a different issue though when the player doesn't get along with the other players.

• Options
    seth plum said:

The Watt fiasco is, as Airman points out, the perfect cover to sell Lookman.

At the heart of this though is the player himself. What with agents, family, Roland's balance sheet, and big clubs wanting yet another trinket, the player is in the middle of a gathering that wants to influence his life for their agenda.

Fraeye has a lot of faults, but his suggestion that Lookman stays, and establishes that he is a Championship capable player first, isn't one of them..

What's the betting they sell both?
  • Options
    sarge1g said:

That is true. Ferguson gave them a chance then got rid of them if they continued to be a problem. Football is like any other business, people are sacked, moved on, let go if they continually are disruptive. I believe this is the case with Watt.
  • Options
    I agree but still think we have not given TW enough chance, if he can get us out of this mess then we need to do whatever it takes to ensure he is coveted not just throw him aside because he does not quite fit in. At the recent Q & A session he sat next to JJ and they seemed to get along yet now it appears that he and Solly were the ones who complained (wether that is true or not I do not know but that was as per another post) I see plenty of similarities in Watt with Hales and as we all know he did not get along with everyone (just ask M Flanagan). Unleash the hero in him and lets win a few games before it too late.
  • Options

Can still be sold in the summer, so that doesn't quite stack up for me. It's unlikely the megalomaniac has a cashflow problem. More likely an excuse to sell Lookman.
    Financial year end is 30 June so that will be the budget cut-off.

Melexis N.V. paid a dividend of £21.3m (€1.30 div x 21,644,399 shares) to their majority shareholder (Xtrion) on October 22nd. I suspect Roland (Xtrion) can struggle through without having to worry too much about a fee for Tony Watt!
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Well we are fucked then. Any club wanting Watt know they have us over a barrel and won't pay anywhere near £2 million. If we don't spend at least that on some players we will be relegated by the end of February.

Very clever Roland. Relegation won't cost you much will it.

Serves him right...........oh hang in a minute it's only pocket change to RD, Damn! :disappointed:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Well we are fucked then. Any club wanting Watt know they have us over a barrel and won't pay anywhere near £2 million. If we don't spend at least that on some players we will be relegated by the end of February.

Serves him right...........oh hang in a minute it's only pocket change to RD, Damn! :disappointed:
    Still not convinced he has spent much anyway ...isn't it all now debt owed by the club back to RD?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    stonemuse said:

RedChaser said:

Still not convinced he has spent much anyway ...isn't it all now debt owed by the club back to RD?
    Highly likely it'll be shown in the accounts as Directors loans or from one of the companies he owns in the group. And no doubt those loans are secured on the fixed assets albeit behind existing charges to banks / other secured creditors. If not which would be rather careless of him, then he has to wait for a willing buyer to repay the 'personal debt'.
  • Options

Watt supposedly had a bust up with either Luzon or JBG . One is gone and the other clearly don't give a shit so Watt going ain't improved his effort or attitude.
    The team spirit is non existent and has been for months. That's not down to Watt. Any player clumped by an opponent or gets shit from a ref and your on your own --- not a murmur from the other 10 so called team mates.
    Look at the video of the dressing room pre Hudds or read the thread about the Dad who took his son into the dressing room against Hull---- like a morgue except the dead are faster than Johnson.
    JR's first job drop all the players who clearly don't give a shit and make the point u stand little chance of going somewhere better if you can't even get in this team and no chance of going to the EUROs if your attitude is shit.
    Watt needs a last chance assuming we arnt 100% comited to selling him.

This.
  • Options
    Chuck all the u21s in the first team and have a crack at Blackburn.
  • Options
    If Watt had half a brain he would realise that his skill factor could take him to the Premiership, unfortunately his shit attitude plus lack of brain power will mean that he will never achieve what he is capable of.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    RedChaser said:

stonemuse said:

RedChaser said:

Highly likely it'll be shown in the accounts as Directors loans or from one of the companies he owns in the group. And no doubt those loans are secured on the fixed assets albeit behind existing charges to banks / other secured creditors. If not which would be rather careless of him, then he has to wait for a willing buyer to repay the 'personal debt'.
    Loans are from Staprix - I don't think he needs a charge on the assets as he owns and controls them. He does rank behind the £7m owed to the old board, but I don't think there is any other debt now apart from day to day credit on trading. The former bank debt will now sit with Staprix.

Since he gets to determine the terms of any sale with the purchaser, I'm not sure why making a charge on the assets would be of any value?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

RedChaser said:

stonemuse said:

RedChaser said:

Loans are from Staprix - I don't think he needs a charge on the assets as he owns and controls them. He does rank behind the £7m owed to the old board, but I don't think there is any other debt now apart from day to day credit on trading. The former bank debt will now sit with Staprix.

Since he gets to determine the terms of any sale with the purchaser, I'm not sure why making a charge on the assets would be of any value?
    I bow to your more in depth knowledge of the accounts however the Staprix bank debt is highly likely to be secured by a debenture or fixed charge over that companies assets and then as you say the former directors loans are similarly secured, whether they rank before the bank is unlikely to be the case.

Regarding him taking a charge on the assets it depends what sale price is agreed and he may be prepared accept less and just do what the former directors have done to protect their debt if he hasn't done so already (assuming he has made loans in his personal capacity to cover the running losses).
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Financial year end is 30 June so that will be the budget cut-off.

Melexis N.V. paid a dividend of £21.3m (€1.30 div x 21,644,399 shares) to their majority shareholder (Xtrion) on October 22nd. I suspect Roland (Xtrion) can struggle through without having to worry too much about a fee for Tony Watt!
    Tel, you are missing my point. It is not about needing the cash - it is about needing to prove he is right. He has set KM a budget target. (Remember she once mentioned having a target budget for player sales?) 30 June is the day of reckoning, after which it all gets totted up and reported. If we don't sell Watt or Lookman till the summer, that leaves a hole in this year's books. To them, it is simply a numbers game.