Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your favourite CL poster?

Who is your current favourite CL poster?

Mine has to be Colin. He's either a genius in idiots clothing, and I say this with no malice intended towards the great one, or he's so blinkered by the club he supports that he posts his thoughts and then switches off CL so he doesn't have to take in the opinions of his fellow supporters as they may skew his rigid belief system and make his brain overheat.

Leuth is a very close second. I don't agree with much of what he says but it amuses me how he slates his own in an attempt to get a rise so he can bask in the attention. I appreciate that, as a non fan, I don't get riled by him so see him in a different light to the regulars.

I may well be completely wrong on both fronts but that's the impression I get as an outsider to all the goings on on here.

Comments

• i've not been posting recently! it's all getting too much - contrarianism doesn't hold water any more and maybe everyone was right after all

if you could somehow combine grapevine49 and viewfinder you'd have the perfect CL denizen
  • Leuth said:

i've not been posting recently! it's all getting too much - contrarianism doesn't hold water any more and maybe everyone was right after all

if you could somehow combine grapevine49 and viewfinder you'd have the perfect CL denizen

I should have added that, with respect to yourself, it seems you light the blue touch paper, stand back and then watch the fireworks with a big, fat grin on your face.

It has to be applauded, especially in times of turmoil as people tend to lose their sh*t in spectacular fashion during these times :smile:
  • edited January 2016

Leuth said:

i've not been posting recently! it's all getting too much - contrarianism doesn't hold water any more and maybe everyone was right after all

I should have added that, with respect to yourself, it seems you light the blue touch paper, stand back and then watch the fireworks with a big, fat grin on your face.

It has to be applauded, especially in times of turmoil as people tend to lose their sh*t in spectacular fashion during these times :smile:
    oh undoubtedly, but in the words of somebody or other, 'satire is dead' - previously i could get away with it, but increasingly it seems the hysteria is well-founded, and my parodies of supporter mayhem read more accurately as sincere distress

i think my use of language still pisses people off though (good, lol) and my player marks thread conduct is a masterpiece of pedantry :D

• My favourite is Cables
  • he needs to bring back claridge tbh
  • Ben18 said:

My favourite is Cables

Cables is my favourite too
  • Best newcomer...... ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• oohaahmortimer , always makes me laugh
  • PL54
    He's started printing some away following numbers , so I can turn a blind eye to the rest of his frivolity , he knows how to push my buttons

You come across as such a calm individual as well. Politeness, especially where we're concerned, seems to be your forte :wink:
  • i will add that of late Garrymanilow has been on fire
  • Ben18 said:

My favourite is Cables

2 B's @Ben18 and yes @Leuth if people don't start referencing the second B, I will get the boys from the FLS back. Actually, no, I'll go one worse, George Riley or Adam Virgo from 'Goal Rush' or whatever they're calling it now.

The juvenile that I am enjoys it when there's a coming together between other lifers. I also like controversial threads
  • I like the fact some posters do completely change and you think wow has someone nicked his log in

PL54 few years back rolled with it then has turned
    Rodneycharltontrotta all of a sudden out of nowhere began to wax lyrical with grapevinesque prose of the war and peace variety
    Leuth previous blended in with just his girlfriends prose as his only sign of personality before recently picking it up himself and getting all Sue Parkes on us
    Simonsen (I think) is another who was just a normal punter but has turned into a junior Tutt-tutt
  • After myself (of course) I always find @Tutt-Tutt and @Grapevine49 to be the most readable, incisive and balanced of Lifers on here.
  • And @PeanutsMolloy for his immense racing tips!
  • Sponsored links:

• I like the fact some posters do completely change and you think wow has someone nicked his log in

PL54 few years back rolled with it then has turned

Is this good or bad ?
  • @RodneyCharltonTrotta and @soapy_jones spring to mind as making me giggle uncontrollably!!!
  • Whatever happened to Paulie? He always seemed like he was one derogatory comment away from a breakdown.

He has family commitments so doesnt get on here as often as he'd like anymore
  • Anyone who posts good gifs. JT used to be the master, but he seems to have vanished.

Also, anyone who agrees with me about anything, ever.
  • Uboat said:

Anyone who posts good gifs. JT used to be the master, but he seems to have vanished.

Also, anyone who agrees with me about anything, ever.

Thats absolutely bulls**t
  • Whatever happened to Paulie? He always seemed like he was one derogatory comment away from a breakdown.

He has family commitments so doesnt get on here as often as he'd like anymore
    Shame. I actually enjoyed reading his posts.
  • @Grapevine49 is the most in depth I think, my favourite posts are @AFKABartram's articles, @paulie8290 is the funniest but can't really have a favourite "poster" everyone has their attributes and everyone is so different, that is why this board works so well.