Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Options
    The cost to convert the ground for football is £703m according to the link above, add to the initial cost of something like £800m. How is the tax payer ever going to get the money back?
  • Options

Only just caught up with this but

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Bit carried away but absolutely brilliant news, Richard !!!

You SO deserve this fantastic result for all the hard work you've put in on the tax payers' behalf ! I feel a celebration dinner coming on for Mrs PA tonight !!!

Would be great if you could join us on Saturday and, in fact, to lead the protest( whatever it might be!)

We just need a " For Sale" sign on The Valley by the end of the week to add to this tremendous victory.

Big kiss coming your way......

:smiley:

I'm getting confused, I thought we wanted to keep our little ol' ground?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Briefly, thanks for all the messages.

They have 28 days in which to make an appeal. However this time they can only do so on a point of law. The thing is, that just as with the ICO's own decision, the Tribunal was so unimpressed with the argument about commercial harm (extent unproven), that they did not even need to consider the public interest test, (which if applied, could still tip the balance for disclosure). As such, in legal terms its a double 4-0 victory. To appeal now would be an absurdly cynical act, a point I hope to make later on the BBC.

Superb stuff @PragueAddick

Don't forget to wear your "We Want Our Charlton Back" badge on the Telly!
    ...and tell 'em you're putting all your efforts now into saving your football club from the Belgians.

• Options
    edited April 2016

The cost to convert the ground for football is £703m according to the link above, add to the initial cost of something like £800m. How is the tax payer ever going to get the money back?

Huh. I spy a rhetorical question.

• Options

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

You SO deserve this fantastic result for all the hard work you've put in on the tax payers' behalf ! I feel a celebration dinner coming on for Mrs PA tonight !!!

Would be great if you could join us on Saturday and, in fact, to lead the protest( whatever it might be!)

We just need a " For Sale" sign on The Valley by the end of the week to add to this tremendous victory.

Careful. Don't put ideas into Douchbag's head about selling the ground!

And well done Prague. To take on, and beat, a huge corporation is a huge achievement.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    cafcfan said:

Briefly, thanks for all the messages.

They have 28 days in which to make an appeal. However this time they can only do so on a point of law. The thing is, that just as with the ICO's own decision, the Tribunal was so unimpressed with the argument about commercial harm (extent unproven), that they did not even need to consider the public interest test, (which if applied, could still tip the balance for disclosure). As such, in legal terms its a double 4-0 victory. To appeal now would be an absurdly cynical act, a point I hope to make later on the BBC.

Superb stuff @PragueAddick

Don't forget to wear your "We Want Our Charlton Back" badge on the Telly!
    He'll be dusting off that yellow gilet...

EDIT: Fumbluff got there first. :smiley:
  • Options
    Fantastic, Prague, as everyone has said already! Your tenacity and determination to fight for the side of the right is admirable. Well done and can't wait to see the news now!
  • Options
    Great work Prague.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Since @gavros was of the opinion that the deal should be public I expect he'll be along any minute now to add his congratulations.

I only just saw this as I've been busy all day but of course, congratulations are in order.

I would however still expect the LLDC to look for grounds to appear to the Upper Chamber.

Just to put the record straight on one point, that Guardian article contains very large inaccuracies. The total cost of converting the stadium from a temporary athletics facility to a permanent multi purpose stadium was £272 million. The £701 million figure quoted was the total cost (ie plus the cost of building the thing in the first place).
  • Options

Great stuff Prague.
  • Options

Careful. Don't put ideas into Douchbag's head about selling the ground!

And well done Prague. To take on, and beat, a huge corporation is a huge achievement.

My bad ....

But you know where I'm coming from.
  • Options
    gavros said:

Since @gavros was of the opinion that the deal should be public I expect he'll be along any minute now to add his congratulations.

I only just saw this as I've been busy all day but of course, congratulations are in order.

I would however still expect the LLDC to look for grounds to appear to the Upper Chamber.

Just to put the record straight on one point, that Guardian article contains very large inaccuracies. The total cost of converting the stadium from a temporary athletics facility to a permanent multi purpose stadium was £272 million. The £701 million figure quoted was the total cost (ie plus the cost of building the thing in the first place).
    do you feel they have anything in their locker to warrant such an appeal or do you just feel they will appeal?

personally i think they will appeal but solely in the hope that this can drag out till you have taken ownership of the OS and thus hoping that any renegotiation's become almost impossible
  • Options
    It's more difficult for them to appeal now. It must be on a point of law, and they're going to struggle to find that I think.
  • Options
    Richard, have you only had notification of the verdict, any idea when the full statement will emerge?
  • Options

do you feel they have anything in their locker to warrant such an appeal or do you just feel they will appeal?

personally i think they will appeal but solely in the hope that this can drag out till you have taken ownership of the OS and thus hoping that any renegotiation's become almost impossible

Not a legal expert so Can't tell you, but the fact is that they were supposed to announce the stadium sponsor last summer (then in the autumn) and I think things are being held up by (amongst other things) the new digital wrap which has only just gone into planning and will take 8 weeks to get approved. Hence why I think they'll do what they can to appeal.

• Options
    gavros said:

I'd be very doubtful that they could bring an appeal, unless they can demonstrate that the First Tier Tribunal has erred on a point of law. Other then that the options are really very very limited.

Even where the losing side can view a decision as being perverse, it is hugely difficult to challenge it.

I somehow doubt that the LLDC could justify an appeal (it is the sort of thing that Parliamentary Committees would query).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Richard, have you only had notification of the verdict, any idea when the full statement will emerge?

Keep an eye out on this page: http://informationtribunal.gov.uk/Public/search.aspx. The latest decisions are listed, once published.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

A comment from another forum:

Richard Hunt, sounds like a right busy c....
    And don't they hate it :smiley:
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I think you'll find that behind the partisan bluster there's an appreciation for what's been done here. After all, West Ham fans are going to be the most affected by this and themselves wants to know what the actual deal is.

• Options
    Excellent work Prague. Charlton legend.
  • Options
    gavros said:

stonemuse said:

I think you'll find that behind the partisan bluster there's an appreciation for what's been done here. After all, West Ham fans are going to be the most affected by this and themselves wants to know what the actual deal is.

True. West Ham fans will be annoyed when they realise the transfer budget is so low because they've negotiated such a terrible deal and the big bad LLDC has done a job on the GulliBrady bunch.
  • Options
    Loving the "We've got nothing to hide" West Ham fans now. Couldn't make it up.