Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Options
    I still don't get the shroud of secrecy surrounding the stadium sponsorship deal @gavros ?
  • Options
    The fact that the stadium will be used is good in my book. It's the secrecy thing that pisses me off as a taxpayer and a voter...hopefully, as it's become topical, we are not also going to find any offshore tax haven companies and trusts connected to this in any way as well...
  • Options
    Gavros Ms Murphy did not dispute the logistical impossibility of Tottenham sharing with West Ham, but she was enthusiastic about Rugby.
    Good for the pitch I think she meant.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Gavros Ms Murphy did not dispute the logistical impossibility of Tottenham sharing with West Ham, but she was enthusiastic about Rugby.
    Good for the pitch I think she meant.

She is indeed. Unfortunately for her, if West Ham disagree with her that it is "good for the pitch", there is a clause in the contract that would allow them to veto it.

• Options
    I have now received a note from the Tribunal that a decision can be expected "sometime next week".

So not Friday, as Red Ken's Slave had confidently told KUMB.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Nice words, not sure what's behind them, but the person who deserves a more conciliatory approach from you is Mat Roper of Orient. You've been trying to bully him on his fanzine's Facebook page since he started his campaign, and when he was on his own in doing so.

Me and Mat have been sparring for a while now, it's generally good natured and generally I appreciate his efforts. I only take umbrage when he resorts to the typical adjectives of "disgusting", "disgraceful" etc when he doesnt know, like any of us, what the actual deal is.

Finally, while I appreciate you are not an admin on KUMB, I wonder what you make of the fact that they have blocked me from signing up to the forum there? That's what @LoOkOuT meant when he referred to the big boys. On CL we generally all know that if you dish it out, you have to be ready to take it too. I guess that's what a Charlton life teaches you.

Got no idea about KUMB I'm afraid, I myself have been kicked off of there before for criticising their Gestapo-esque modding. I'll probably get banned again for saying that. They're a funny bunch on there. As you say, you have to be prepared to give as good as you get, which is why I appreciate you lot not kicking me off of here and Mat entertaining debate on his SUFTO page.
  • Options
    gavros said:

Nice words, not sure what's behind them, but the person who deserves a more conciliatory approach from you is Mat Roper of Orient. You've been trying to bully him on his fanzine's Facebook page since he started his campaign, and when he was on his own in doing so.

Finally, while I appreciate you are not an admin on KUMB, I wonder what you make of the fact that they have blocked me from signing up to the forum there? That's what @LoOkOuT meant when he referred to the big boys. On CL we generally all know that if you dish it out, you have to be ready to take it too. I guess that's what a Charlton life teaches you.

Got no idea about KUMB I'm afraid, I myself have been kicked off of there before for criticising their Gestapo-esque modding. I'll probably get banned again for saying that. They're a funny bunch on there. As you say, you have to be prepared to give as good as you get, which is why I appreciate you lot not kicking me off of here and Mat entertaining debate on his SUFTO page.
    No need to feel too good about it, we even allow spanners on here but we do draw the line at the stripey c**ts.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

gavros said:

No need to feel too good about it, we even allow spanners on here but we do draw the line at the stripey c**ts.
    I knew there had to be some explanation for the dearth of zebras...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has there been a decision ?
  • Options

I have now received a note from the Tribunal that a decision can be expected "sometime next week".

So not Friday, as Red Ken's Slave had confidently told KUMB.

• Options
    Wonder who's paying for that.
  • Options

Wonder who's paying for that.

Maybe that will be replaced with "Zlatan" next season
  • Options
    How West Ham United are laying the foundations for long-term success

http://gu.com/p/4t7ej?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard
  • Options
    "It is believed that the LLDC will come to a decision in the next 10 days over whether to appeal. If it decides against, it has 35 days from 3 September (2015), the date the information commission sent the letter, to make the information public."

Maybe it's just me, but everything seems to take ages.
    Good luck Richard, and Thank You on my and a lot of tax payers behalf.
  • Options

telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/08/west-ham-won-lottery-with-their-new-stadium-says-arsene-wenger/

Wenger claims getting the stadium is the equivalent of winning the lottery and will establish WHU as regular rivals at the top of the league.

Aside from being as clear an explanation that they have received an unfair leg up from the government as you could see he missed the point that it had nothing to do with luck...oh and it would also be the equivalent of winning the lottery about 100 times over.

Yes but Lotto wouldn't be the lottery if the government looked at it's Tory party members and decided to give the jackpot to one of them. There wasn't chance here, it has been a corrupt monumental stitch up and if they get away with it, it is truly shameful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant news!

When's your first tv interview?
  • Options

just received the Tribunal verdict

Unanimous decision

Appeal dismissed. In its entirety. No ifs, no buts.

We won. We bloody WON :-)

Congratulations ... What happens next?
  • Options
    Brilliant news Richard - superb job, well done!
  • Options
    Well done Prague - fantastic work!

Take a bow.
  • Options
    Very well done Prague . How long before they have to reveal the full details of the contract ?
    Is there a time scale ?
  • Options
    Arise Sir Richard
  • Options

just received the Tribunal verdict

Unanimous decision

Appeal dismissed. In its entirety. No ifs, no buts.

We won. We bloody WON :-)

Extremely well done, brilliant news.
  • Options
    Absolutely fantastic.

Well done.