Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• vffvff
    edited March 2016

vff said:

@gavros forgot to mention the digital wrap, which wasn't going to be taken up due to the cost (who's paying for that again ?). Add in the 6,000 extra seats and the benefit from the public funding. It's great to be WHU eh ? Karen Brady as Tory Lord and Sullivan attending the Black & White ball where big political donations are levied, Boris Johnson looking to claim a legacy for his push as Tory leader. The whole thing stinks and I hope the exact nature of the deal becomes public knowledge as it should. If there is nothing to hide then there shouldn't be any problem.

This.

@vff , please may I use this on twitter, facebook etc...
    That's fine @Miserableoldgit. Good of you to ask. Hope it helps.

There needs to be a level playing field between London clubs. One club should not get a financial leg up because it suits certain political interests. I am sure decent West Ham United supporters want to succeed due to the successful way they run the club and play on the field. It is better to have everything clear and not have the success they have not sullied due to some dubious back room deals, that becomes revealed in the future, as these things are likely to do.

Excellent work from @PragueAddick .
  • I believe the girl to the right here knew what was going on all along:

• For those interested, you can read our submission in its entirety via this Trust summary. Well, entire save for the Millwall gag...

I just read it whilst eating my dinner, excellent work.
  • stonemuse said:
    Thanks @stonemuse Frankly sickening that the benefits are astronomical compared to the paltry outlay that a Gold-laden Premiership team are paying.

Just a couple of points from that...

1. The article suggests that WHam are paying a basic £15m a year rent. That's 6x more than we had been led to think so far. Where are the Express getting that from, or have I missed something?

2. Reiterates that Gaillard paid £20m for Upton Park - valued at c.£72m as far as I can remember. 700 homes to be built - 2 bed apartments in nearby Canning Town are going for £550k. Will Gaillard make them all as affordable as Brady's undercutting season ticket prices? She did say that they were leaving a legacy at Upton Park didn't she?

3. The paper suggests that this is costing £272m to make fit for football - the largest of its kind in the world. That's just lazy journalism...largest roof, rather than largest stadium is what they should have said.

4. Newham's contribution is now £45m not £40m

5. Nice first comment! :smile:
  • Claret and Blue cnuts
  • Sponsored links:

• We should at least have LONDON TAX PAYERS as the shirt sponsers and the stadium should be called the LONDON TAXPAYERS ARENA!
  • It wouldn't surprise me if this article was written with the help of WHU.
    Based on what we already know, it seems inaccurate in places, maybe deliberately.
  • We should at least have LONDON TAX PAYERS as the shirt sponsers and the stadium should be called the LONDON TAXPAYERS ARENA!

Better make that UK TAX PAYERS - we're all footing the bill.

• and this is what we as taxpayers are funding!!!
  • My girlfriend will be pleased. He's hot apparently.
  • Ruling set for Friday I'm hearing.
  • edited April 2016
    gavros said:

Ruling set for Friday I'm hearing.

Since I am the Second Party to the Tribunal, and I don't know that, then that would suggest a serious breach of court protocol.

I see that you are re-cycling a post from Red Ken's Slave on KUMB. It is also clear that Red Ken's Slave was present at the second day of the Tribunal, but not at the first.

How he knows that, will be an interesting question to put to the Tribunal. And I have taken a screenshot so don't bother running off to him suggesting he deletes it....
  • edited April 2016
    Pub talk, pure and simple. If you haven't been informed then can't be the case im sure given you're the one with the claim. Or would be pure coincidence.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016
    Maybe he knows sod all. He's also posted "ITK" things about the contract which I brought him up on an showed to be false. Still, on your merry way with your jumping up and down adventure.

As for 'running off to tell him' I'm not that childish.
  • iainment said:

My girlfriend will be pleased. He's hot apparently.

Really? I always thought he looked like a bird of prey.

Preys on birds maybe.
  • Should we be concerned that Red Ken has a slave?
  • @gavros Are you a happy hammer? Happy tool.