Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Plus maintenance cost, who pays for renewal of seats etc every ten years or so.

• I love the fact West Ham claim they're only using the stadium for 25 days a year. Where are their offices going to be during the week? Above the bookies' on Stratford High Street?

Ticket Office? Club Shop? Happy Hammer's Tours?

P*** taking low lives!
  • Mackle said:

gavros said:

You sure you weren't listening to an old episode of Allo Allo Gavros?

Maybe, it feels like an episode on here sometimes: "good moaning".

"Oooooooh René!"

"You stupid woman!"
    was that taken by KP on a selfie stick trying to get an up skirt shot of KM?
    my first thought was 'ah, that nice Keithy Peacock and a pair of c...s'
  • Mackle said:

gavros said:

You sure you weren't listening to an old episode of Allo Allo Gavros?

Maybe, it feels like an episode on here sometimes: "good moaning".

"Oooooooh René!"

"You stupid woman!"
    image</blockquote

I say, so good to see the senior executives so into the game. And such a cracking outfit from the Katrien as well, what?

• Day of turgid legal waffle apart from @PragueAddick providing all the entertainment. Whole court including the po faced LLDC lawyer collapsed in laughter when Richard explained why Millwall was the only London club not part of the coalition challenging the deal - "they couldn't find anyone who could write".

Nothing to report but clear LLDC will appeal again if they lose.

That's Millwallist and as a Millwall fan and the father of Millwall supporting children I find that highly offensive.

Jeremy Kyle told us different in the DNA test results!

• Unless I'm misinterpreting the words WH get a 50% reduction in their usage fee if they allow the stadium to be used for an international or neutral game.

LLDC pay all the stadium policing costs but if WH are forced to provide extra policing outside the stadium area by the League authorities they get LLDC to cough up 50% of the cost.
  • what a SCAM! Can something be done to stop this though?
  • Have these reported details come from the LLDC/West Ham btw? Certainly seems like they are still trying to put spin on it with the additional payments/limited days a year use/shared naming rights bollocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just heard on Talk Sport news that they don't even have to pay for the goalposts!
    or the pitch? can that be true?
  • Dansk_Red said:

Plus maintenance cost, who pays for renewal of seats etc every ten years or so.

Like renting a house worth £500000, for £132 per month
  • Just read a report on the BBC Sports page. decidedly neutral, considering the numbers we are seeing here. It's a victory that this crass stitch up is out in the open now, but will anyone actually prevent it happening?
  • seth plum said:

I really understand why a West Ham United fan like gavros is keen on this deal when effectively his club has been granted shedloads of free money which will underpin footballing success.
    I don't get why gavros comes on here when he ought to be glorying in West Hams leg up, when he can spend the time joining in with his West Ham mates jabbing the finger and laughing at the rest of us as moaning mugs.
    The mystery is why the deal is a secret, and why so many East Londoners have chained themselves to the Tories in this, and why long standing West Ham fans have allowed these people to wrench them so easily from their lovely historic and atmospheric Boelyn ground.
    Nothing that West Ham achieve from now on will really be worth much, or worth any respect because effectively they will have bought success. They can say critics are moaners and jealous, and they are right. If every football club were given £200million of taxpayers money free, then the jealousy will go away.
    Yet West Ham fans have been critics of the campaign to know the truth. I would have thought the decent approach is for everything to be out in the open so the West Ham fans can laugh more loudly at their good fortune, and jab the finger at the rest of us with more glee.

This.
  • RedChaser said:

Day of turgid legal waffle apart from @PragueAddick providing all the entertainment. Whole court including the po faced LLDC lawyer collapsed in laughter when Richard explained why Millwall was the only London club not part of the coalition challenging the deal - "they couldn't find anyone who could write".

Nothing to report but clear LLDC will appeal again if they lose.

That's Millwallist and as a Millwall fan and the father of Millwall supporting children I find that highly offensive.

I thought you didn't care that no one likes you or what they think about you :open_mouth: .
    And this.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

what a SCAM! Can something be done to stop this though?

Yeah......how about a pitch invasion.........

SORRY, you were all thinking it too...........
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

what a SCAM! Can something be done to stop this though?

Yeah......how about a pitch invasion.........

SORRY, you were all thinking it too...........
    You wouldn't even get close to getting on the pitch. Running track invasion maybe.
    mobility scooter MOG! could be his new name!
  • The poor quality of the deal negotiated by the “Legacy Chiefs” on behalf of the taxpayer can only be equalled by the deals negotiated by Dozy Daisy at our helm. The similarities of inept people trying to work a piece of unworkable dogma both here and at the Olympic Stadium is uncanny. I wish Prague could do a freedom of information act job on some of our undisclosed deals.
  • IA said:

Ben18 said:

Dansk_Red said:

Plus maintenance cost, who pays for renewal of seats etc every ten years or so.

Like renting a house worth £500000, for £132 per month
    Yes but I'm only using the house for 25 full days a year. So it's a good deal for the owner.

Obviously I'll still keep all my stuff in the house, and can prevent anyone else from getting in, and will be in and out of the house temporarily on other days (eg for sleep), and the owner is responsible for repairing damage to anything in the house. But it's a great deal for the owner.
    Lolled...but like as well. Perfect analogy!
  • edited April 2016
    Has our London mayor said anything yet ?

• What a sweet deal. Like staying at Claridges on housing benefit ....

Love this comparison, sums it up perfectly.
  • Afternoon chaps.

Have I missed anything?
  • edited April 2016

I love the fact West Ham claim they're only using the stadium for 25 days a year. Where are their offices going to be during the week? Above the bookies' on Stratford High Street?

So if I offered the LLDC £500 to hire the ground every Friday for corporate events that would be ok with West Ham?

• What a sweet deal. Like staying at Claridges on housing benefit ....

Love this comparison, sums it up perfectly.
    And claiming that you'd paid the going rate because you were out for most of the day anyway and not even in the room so why should you have to pay the whole room rate?
  • I love the fact West Ham claim they're only using the stadium for 25 days a year. Where are their offices going to be during the week? Above the bookies' on Stratford High Street?

So if I offered the LLDC £500 to hire the ground every Friday for corporate events that would be ok with West Ham?
    West Ham 25 days and UK Athletics have it for a month. So for ~309 days it's free to be rented out yeah.