Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• IAIA
    edited December 2017

* MS make a number of informed comments about Naming rights, which I had not previously considered. They say that there relatively few successful deals, and they are often for a short period. Then it can be difficult for a new sponsor to take over, because everyone calls it by the previous name if the marketing people did their job. e.g. how long before the Gooners stop saying "the Emirates" and replace it with "the Ryanair"? ....

Case in point at Stoke, where the ground was called the Britannia Stadium for years after Britannia had been merged into the Co-op. When I looked at it before, no one - not even Arsenal - made much money from ground naming rights

Well done on the work so far.
  • @PragueAddick - from what I know, Spurs are paying somewhere in the region of £14.5-15m a season for Wembley.
  • So even if Wet Spam paid the rumoured Wembley figure quoted to Spurs of £11m per annum there would still be an annual operating loss ?
  • JohnBoyUK said:

@PragueAddick - from what I know, Spurs are paying somewhere in the region of £14.5-15m a season for Wembley.

Thanks John Boy. Your own excellent Trust colleagues are too busy today with "fixture change TV schedule maelstrom" to dig that out for me :-)

@Starinnaddick

No, basically MS are saying £11.5m per annum would do it. £2.5m patently doesn't. As we have always argued.

• JohnBoyUK said:

@PragueAddick - from what I know, Spurs are paying somewhere in the region of £14.5-15m a season for Wembley.

Thanks John Boy. Your own excellent Trust colleagues are too busy today with "fixture change TV schedule maelstrom" to dig that out for me :-)

@Starinnaddick

No, basically MS are saying £11.5m per annum would do it. £2.5m patently doesn't. As we have always argued.

Thanks. I imagine they are looking at ways and means of renegotiating the contract although West Ham have said it is water tight.
  • Sponsored links:

• I haven't forgotten btw @PragueAddick
  • edited December 2017
    Just read this bbc report
    www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42329101
    Interesting that West Ham were willing to pay £250,000 for revamping the touch line area but only in Claret. E20 only wanted it in navy blue which West Ham rejected.
  • Sponsored links:

• She could divert the criticism tomorrow by offering to shoulder the financial burden of the retractable seats (or to concede they are unnecessary), but it is clear that hell will freeze over first.

Retractable seating is unnecessary. Just build permanent ones around where they are during the football season and we'll be fairly - but not perfectly - happy.

• gavros said:

She could divert the criticism tomorrow by offering to shoulder the financial burden of the retractable seats (or to concede they are unnecessary), but it is clear that hell will freeze over first.

Retractable seating is unnecessary. Just build permanent ones around where they are during the football season and we'll be fairly - but not perfectly - happy.

I will have a look to see if I have any spare cash after Christmas... anyone else wanna chip in for them chirpy cockernees?
  • edited December 2017
    gavros said:

She could divert the criticism tomorrow by offering to shoulder the financial burden of the retractable seats (or to concede they are unnecessary), but it is clear that hell will freeze over first.

This may well happen but the whole point of having retractable seating was to make it a multi puropse stadium, which is what E20 and West Ham agreed on.
    Puting in permanent seating would remove the abililty to hold Athletics events which is still signed up to take place next summer. Who pays for this, the tax payers, including yourself?
  • Brady indicates West Ham are willing to help reduce costs and mentioned "The stadium operator, LS185, record a £4.9m gross profit in their published accounts".
    She seems to blames E20 & LLDC for the big losses incurred annually and not very forcoming about paying specific extra costs, to prevent E20 from going backrupt.
    I assume like everyone else knows shes waiting for that to happen.
  • West Ham are prepared to pay a bit more for more...a little bit to increase capacity to 70k and the club would be prepared to make an offer to take the stadium naming rights.
  • I've just taken @gavros off my Xmas card list.