Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p062344b

Baseball to held in OS next year.
  • Options
    Wow, ‘very murky’ is an underestimation ... didn’t know this.
  • Options
    This gets more fascinating and yet, more disgraceful, by the week.

Hopefully someone or ‘someones’ will pay the price for this eventually, but I fear West Ham will still get away with it. Why? Because it appears that although they have taken an immoral approach, it has not been illegal.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    stonemuse said:

This gets more fascinating and yet, more disgraceful, by the week.

Hopefully someone or ‘someones’ will pay the price for this eventually, but I fear West Ham will still get away with it. Why? Because it appears that although they have taken an immoral approach, it has not been illegal.

Not when a certain WHU employee was also working for the Tory government at the same time surely?
  • Options
    Banner headline for tomorrow’s guardian has a picture of karen Brady and includes the words crisis at West Ham
  • Options
    PR piece for Brady in the Guardian today. She refuses to talk about West Ham. Seems she's preparing for her post-football career. There's something very Katrien Meire about this.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/25/karren-brady-ive-never-walked-away-from-anything-and-im-not-going-to-start-now
  • Options

PR piece for Brady in the Guardian today. She refuses to talk about West Ham. Seems she's preparing for her post-football career. There's something very Katrien Meire about this.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/25/karren-brady-ive-never-walked-away-from-anything-and-im-not-going-to-start-now

she does excel in avoiding/deferring awkward questions!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Blimey, the Guardian should hang its head in shame publishing this sycophantic claptrap.

• Options
    There was a bit in this morning’s Times about one of the West Ham owners and a tax issue.
  • Options

Blimey, the Guardian should hang its head in shame publishing this sycophantic claptrap.

My thoughts exactly, especially this bit: 'Brady negotiated a bargain rent of £2.5m a year, but fans have complained it was not built for football.'
  • Options
    Good article from the Guardian. Brady should expect questions about WHU and football in general because that’s where she’s spent most of her work life.

Towards the end of the article she claimed “When I left school at 18 with no qualifications” but forgot about previously stating ten her nine O-levels and four A-levels is poor.

Another quote from the article:

"One of her missions in the documentary is to teach women how to ask for a pay rise – she tells viewers she only agreed to appear on The Apprentice so long as nobody was paid more than her. It’s amazing you get paid as much as Sugar, I say, seeing as it’s basically his show. She looks embarrassed. “No, no. I think that came across completely wrong. I did point that out to the makers, actually. Alan is obviously the main person on the show. I meant the roles that are equal to mine – I wouldn’t accept being paid less.”

Another poor judgement and I do wonder if it was a bad day or just self-righteousness

• Options
    Surprised about the negative reaction to the Guardian article. I thought it showed the woman revealing her true colours bit by bit as she realised that Hattenstone was not as malleable as those she usually talks to.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

From the BBC Sports site

“A senior West Ham source said: "We have bought a new house but it doesn't feel like a home yet because we can't get all our stuff in it and get it the way we want it. Also, if you buy a house and agree a price, you don't expect to start getting charged more once you have moved in."

Except they haven’t bought s house, they’ve rented some rooms for few days a week. But it’s an insight into their thinking - the stadium belongs to them.

Yes, you can expect to be subject to a price increase when you rent. Especially when the renter discovers they have massively underestimated what they should charge! Your mortgage can go up when you buy too! What a stupid analogy and with them thinking as if they have bought the stadium a worrying one!
  • Options

Surprised about the negative reaction to the Guardian article. I thought it showed the woman revealing her true colours bit by bit as she realised that Hattenstone was not as malleable as those she usually talks to.

Intended PR piece that backfired massively. She doesn't come out of it at well.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Lets be anal here - I am renting my house for £50 a week to a tenant. I discover, I should be renting it at £750 a week. What do I do?
  • Options

Lets be anal here - I am renting my house for £50 a week to a tenant. I discover, I should be renting it at £750 a week. What do I do?

You hunt through the contracts to find any possible reason to get the tenant out as soon as possible. If the contract is totally water-tight and you've not left yourself any possible outs before the renewal date then you have to suck it up.

Of course, there's nothing stopping you doing everything not prohibited by the contract and the law in order to "encourage" the tenant to leave early.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Intended PR piece that backfired massively. She doesn't come out of it at well.
    Then someone didn't do their homework on Simon Hattenstone.

• Options

There was a bit in this morning’s Times about one of the West Ham owners and a tax issue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43543273
  • Options
    So Sullivan has committed fraud.

Will the CPS get involved once HMRC have finished with him?
  • Options

Brick the windows and sub let the driveway to a scaffolding firm?
  • Options
    This just gets better & better !

Go get'em, Richard !
  • Options
    Fit and proper
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Evenin' all.

Just passing through...