Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Options
    Don't know if I'm doing a Colin here but saw this article just now about extra security for their next home game going to cost us taxpayers another 60k. www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43584859
  • Options

Don't know if I'm doing a Colin here but saw this article just now about extra security for their next home game going to cost us taxpayers another 60k. www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43584859

Link wasn't working but i've copied the article here from the BBC site.

About £60,000 of taxpayers' money will be used to pay for increased security at West Ham's home Premier League match against Southampton on Saturday.

The match will be the first at London Stadium since trouble flared at the 3-0 defeat by Burnley on 10 March.

Twenty fans were given life bans, including four for invading the pitch.

A substantially increased security presence includes measures to stop fans getting in front of the directors' box as occurred during the Burnley game.

Under the terms of the Hammers' 99-year lease at the former Olympic Stadium - agreed by former London Mayor Boris Johnson - security is paid for by the centrally funded body that runs the venue.

Current London Mayor Sadiq Khan wants West Ham to make a financial contribution for similar security arrangements at the club's remaining home matches this season.

The Safety Advisory Group, the body responsible for supplying the safety certificate to allow the game to proceed, has warned any repeat of the trouble will result in matches being played behind closed doors.

Khan said: "The safety of all supporters and visitors to London Stadium is of paramount importance. Nobody wants to witness scenes like those during the last home game, which were caused by a small minority."
  • Options
    edited March 2018

• Options
    Why are these sponging pariahs not being charged by the FA for bringing the game into disrepute? Boris Johnson should truly be barred from holding public office, and Sadiq Khan needs to grow a pair. The beautiful game.

"If you ever see a post from WRICURKINCAM walk away and pretend you didn't. Only madness lies ahead. " = Henry Irving.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I thought this government were supposed not to like scroungers - well West Ham are the biggest scroungers of them all - happy to rip of taxpayers for all they can get. Thanks Boris!

There is a lot wrong with Charlton, but at least I don't support a team with no shame!
  • Options
    They betrayed their fans.
    Other clubs have done so too.
    What is maybe a little different is there is no hope of redemption for the West Ham fans, and that the owners expect unconditional love and subservience in the face of that betrayal.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Yes, but since when does a government give a scrounger who is happy to nick tax payer's money a title of Baroness. Why doesn't it make the bloke who has 20 kids that we pay for a Lord? Maybe because he hasn't scrounged so much money off us!!!
  • Options

There is now a firm possibility of Millwall visiting the London Stadium next season.

It would be quite a test for security in and around the stadium, but at least we'll find out how long it really takes to remove the retractable seating.

That, sir, deserves 100 LOLs. I believe it deserves a wider audience...
  • Options
    I'm actually going to the game today. For free I might add. Just checking what time we're all on the pitch.
  • Options

I'm actually going to the game today. For free I might add. Just checking what time we're all on the pitch.

Serious request. If you go for refreshment at H-T could you try and assess

1. What % of the bars serve draught beer, do others pour it only from bottles?

2. Do you see monitors screening Sky Sports?

These are two of the Big Deals over which WHU are taking the LLDC to court, at your expense.

• Options
    Do we also pick up the tab for the players breakfast in the Radissson. If not we should do as London citizens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

These are two of the Big Deals over which WHU are taking the LLDC to court, at your expense.

Will keep my eyes peeled.
  • Options
    West Ham 2-0 up. Taxpayers have £60,000 on West Ham to win today. Could be a great Easter for all the West Ham financial supporters. One Boris Johnson, there's only one Boris Johnson!

"If you ever see a post from WRICURKINCAM walk away and pretend you didn't. Only madness lies ahead. " = Henry Irving.
  • Options

You would have thought that WH would pay the £60k for the extra security today as a PR exercise. Just shows what a greedy bunch of tossers they are.

Exactly. Helps our case at City Hall, though.

• Options

1. All of the bars on the concourse appear to serve draught beer. Each kiosk (there's pretty much one per block / stairwell) has one pump, which has three Amstel and one Strongbow. Bottles in fridges include cider and vodka mixes. Apparently there's a real ale bar somewhere too. Heineken also have a huge bar in the Bobby Moore.

2. No Sky Sports on the concourses. The screens only show pitch side interviews and the game. I did notice replays are sponsored by Betway, West Ham's sponsor.

Looked like about 60 extra security guards around the pitch who aren't usually there apparently. Wait for it... they were wearing football boots.
  • Options

1. All of the bars on the concourse appear to serve draught beer. Each kiosk (there's pretty much one per block / stairwell) has one pump, which has three Amstel and one Strongbow. Bottles in fridges include cider and vodka mixes. Apparently there's a real ale bar somewhere too. Heineken also have a huge bar in the Bobby Moore.

2. No Sky Sports on the concourses. The screens only show pitch side interviews and the game. I did notice replays are sponsored by Betway, West Ham's sponsor.

Looked like about 60 extra security guards around the pitch who aren't usually there apparently. Wait for it... they were wearing football boots.
    Thanks a lot buddy, that is very helpful, if a little puzzling re the beer. I will consult with the WHUISA, the ones with brains.

• Options

Thanks a lot buddy, that is very helpful, if a little puzzling re the beer. I will consult with the WHUISA, the ones with brains.

No problem, let me know if you have any other queries. It's my first ever trip there for football but have a few friends who are season ticket holders there.
  • Options
    Glad west ham beat Southampton fucking hate Southampton
  • Options

Glad west ham beat Southampton fucking hate Southampton

Southampton or Coventry. Who wins @nth london addick?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    West Ham are also running an open training session at the stadium on Tuesday as part of a family fun day. Free to attend for season ticket holders. I wonder who's funding the operating costs and if it counts as one of their days of use under the contract?

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/march/21-march/dont-miss-our-free-family-fun-day

They also have extra security checkpoints outside the ground that have only been there since the Manchester bombings apparently.