Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Options

Maybe they could help Spurs out in October?

I thought that earlier. SSNews speaking about Wembley (either on the Friday or Saturday, both no), reversing the fixture (no...PL don't want City having 3 away games in a row) or going to Twickenham (who haven't been approached and would need dispensation as a third "home" venue).

Not once was a taxpayer funded & owned stadium, which could do with a cash injection of any sort, mentioned.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Maybe they could help Spurs out in October?

I thought that earlier. SSNews speaking about Wembley (either on the Friday or Saturday, both no), reversing the fixture (no...PL don't want City having 3 away games in a row) or going to Twickenham (who haven't been approached and would need dispensation as a third "home" venue).

Not once was a taxpayer funded & owned stadium, which could do with a cash injection of any sort, mentioned.

And heaven knows, we (taxpayers) need the rental money it would bring.

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45208151

So we’re paying for this as well?
  • Options

Who gets the money from food sold on the concourses?
  • Options

Certainly not the cook by the looks of that muck!!!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Another question ,14 or more?
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Another question ,14 or more?
    On this occasion...I’d prefer less!!! :smiley:
  • Options

West Ham and E20 both. Cannot off hand remember the split.

West Ham keep 100% of revenue in the hospitality areas. Thats what they give a **** about.
  • Options

West Ham keep 100% of revenue in the hospitality areas. Thats what they give a **** about.
    That explains the price, two parties wanting their mark up.
  • Options
    Now arguing about who pays for big screen surely Brady would be best advised to keep her mouth shut?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Why would she? When it's been proven again and again that no matter what anyone says about how unfair the deal is on the taxpayer, Wet Sham are basically bulletproof on it. She'll soon be asking us to foot the bill for cutting the fucking grass and marking out the pitch...
  • Options

Why would she? When it's been proven again and again that no matter what anyone says about how unfair the deal is on the taxpayer, Wet Sham are basically bulletproof on it. She'll soon be asking us to foot the bill for cutting the fucking grass and marking out the pitch...

Good idea...I’ll suggest it to Karen.
  • Options

Surely there must have been a conflict of interests as she was working as the government's Small Business Ambassador.
  • Options
    Some of the shit Brady comes out with is unbelievable.
    I think I dislike her more than the owners.
  • Options
    jams said:
    This is funny but unfortunately just means some poor Doris will lose her job whilst bullshit Brady convinces someone in government that we should all pay this fine for them...
  • Options

E20 are responsible for providing all catering facilities, food, staff services etc. and enter into contracts with suppliers to deliver. E20 keeps the first £500k of revenue (that's not profit). West Ham get 30% of revenue in excess of £500k. West Ham are billed for the costs of the catering at their events.

BUT a West Ham associated business is allowed to be party to a catering contract with E20 which means West Ham is paid by E20 to provide catering for itself!!! You have to hand it to Lady Brady.
  • Options

Surely there must have been a conflict of interests as she was working as the government's Small Business Ambassador.
    Is she an ambassador for small business or just a short arse business ambassador?
  • Options

I may get whooshed here but...we already do. The stadium operator (LS185) does it all, and LS185 is a cost line on the E20 P&L.

Anyway, we will see how bulletproof they are when we release the full horror of all that's in the Inquiry report to the public. That will be just before West Ham take the LLDC to court over the matter of bringing on line an extra 9,000 seats, at our cost. As will be the legal costs for the LLDC to contest the action. Honestly I think London is going to say, ok, enough is enough.

whoosh - hence the ellipsis :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I may get whooshed here but...we already do. The stadium operator (LS185) does it all, and LS185 is a cost line on the E20 P&L.

Anyway, we will see how bulletproof they are when we release the full horror of all that's in the Inquiry report to the public. That will be just before West Ham take the LLDC to court over the matter of bringing on line an extra 9,000 seats, at our cost. As will be the legal costs for the LLDC to contest the action. Honestly I think London is going to say, ok, enough is enough.

whoosh - hence the ellipsis :smile:
    Surely, only an ellipsis in curly brackets counts as a proper woosh :wink:
  • Options
    @PragueAddick

l'm sure the Sun is not part of your usual Sunday morning reading but a so-called exclusive claims E20 could go bust next month if the mayor pulls the plug on the company.

Not sure if this is something you are already well aware of but if not worth a look at the article.
  • Options

@PragueAddick

l'm sure the Sun is not part of your usual Sunday morning reading but a so-called exclusive claims E20 could go bust next month if the mayor pulls the plug on the company.

Not sure if this is something you are already well aware of but if not worth a look at the article.

now would that leave the way clear for West Ham to make a full take over? or would it mean the lease is null and avoid and would need to be renegotiated?
  • Options
    Interesting
  • Options
    Thanks PA
  • Options
    Very interesting
  • Options
    I know lots of Wet Spam supporters, having worked in East London, and they seem to be under the impression that they will eventually be handed the stadium and merely take over the running costs. Is this a pipe dream or could it really happen ?
  • Options
    Predicted this back in April 2016 after first read of the agreement:

In my view the stadium will never be able to meet its overheads from filling in the remaining days with odds and sods events. It is currently burning the loan from central government which means it has to start making a profit soon otherwise Newham Council start filling the hole. The stadium is not owned by LLDC but a commercial consortium vehicle including Newham Council, and it cannot trade if it becomes insolvent.

When it becomes insolvent, not if, it will have no value as an investment with a sitting tenant and a rent not covering upkeep of the property, let alone return on assets. It will then be available for nominal consideration of £1.

I wonder who would want to buy a stadium for £1, let me guess, the sitting tenant?

Newham will have no option but to offload the stadium to avoid the debt falling on local council taxpayers, there is no possible source of any new funding. This was a high risk venture and i cannot believe a risk analysis was not carried out. Perversely, the risks might have looked attractive. Because if you want a reason why West Ham screwed the LLDC and the LLDC were happy to be screwed look no further than needing to get to insolvency as soon as possible. The taxpayer is off the hook and the stadium becomes what it always was destined to be, a London football club ground. And Boris and co shrug their shoulders and say "we did our best".