Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New assistant manager - Jose Jeunechamps

Comments

• Options
    Markg2004 said:

"It is believed that the Addicks boss has had a big say in bringing in Jeunechamps, 49, to the Valley."

Well, yeah. What boss doesn't have a say in who their assistant is. Why are you even saying this? Oh...

Riga didn't know who his last assistant, Karel Fraeye, was until he stepped through the door when he replaced CP. Surprised not be forced to just keep Wimmy Wim Wim as assistant (staying on as coach apparently).
    Does that mean Jason back to under 21's?
  • Options

Jason will be replacing TWWW on the pitch mate. One of Rolands cost cutting ideas.

And he'd still be better than Watt!!!
  • Options
    Riga Head Coach
    Jeunechamps Assistant Head Coach
    Wim De Corte First Team Coach (?)
    Jason Euell First Team Coach

That's an awfull lot of coaches. No direction, as no director of football and Riga isn't the "Manager". Although IMHO he should be.
  • Options
    So when Jose gets the push, we have our new manager in place, welcome the new Jose.
  • Options
    I am glad he got the assistant he wanted. That is the proper way for things to be done.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I am glad he got the assistant he wanted. That is the proper way for things to be done.

I think you'll find that RD offered Karel as mastermind, but Riga stamped his pretty little foot, saying "No way José!", and RD said "Fair enough, José it is then".
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I think someone else said on here: it was hardly a tough decision for Roland. bringing in a Belgian who is part of the network.
  • Options
    Fast & loose, fast & loose.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

I think someone else said on here: it was hardly a tough decision for Roland. bringing in a Belgian who is part of the network.
    To be fair he wasn't really part of RD's network, he's been at Metz for several years (before Riga joined) and his time at SL only briefly coincided with RD's ownership
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Has been confirmed on the O/S, although Riga must be taking a day off as it looks like Jeunechamps is shaking hands with a wax work:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-assistant-head-coach-jose-jeunechamps-riga-2934755.aspx

He's previously worked with Jose Riga when he was @ Standard Liege (first spell before RD took over it seems)
  • Options
    This is strange, why announce him today? Surely he had signed a contract before Saturday.
  • Options
    Markg2004 said:

"It is believed that the Addicks boss has had a big say in bringing in Jeunechamps, 49, to the Valley."

Well, yeah. What boss doesn't have a say in who their assistant is. Why are you even saying this? Oh...

Riga didn't know who his last assistant, Karel Fraeye, was until he stepped through the door when he replaced CP. Surprised not be forced to just keep Wimmy Wim Wim as assistant (staying on as coach apparently).
    He did such a good job as inter-Wim boss, they are lining him up for another unbeaten spell.
  • Options

Has been confirmed on the O/S, although Riga must be taking a day off as it looks like Jeunechamps is shaking hands with a wax work:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-assistant-head-coach-jose-jeunechamps-riga-2934755.aspx

He's previously worked with Jose Riga when he was @ Standard Liege (first spell before RD took over it seems)

Glad to see both Josés have joined the black and white protest...

Riga's a dude
  • Options

"Who ate all the waffles, who ate all the waffles, you..."

The guy has three nipples "we've got two Jose's he's got three nipples"

• Options
    Jose Jeunechamps.

Is that Belgian for
    Bertie bigbollocks?
  • Options
    Nothing personal, but once we have sent RD packing, can we introduce a club rule that we don't employ any Belgians for five years? Two years ago I could only name two - Tintin and Plastic Bertrand - and now I know more of them than I ever wanted to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You had never heard of Poirot?
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Nothing personal, but once we have sent RD packing, can we introduce a club rule that we don't employ any Belgians for five years? Two years ago I could only name two - Tintin and Plastic Bertrand - and now I know more of them than I ever wanted to.

You could say the last 2 years have been completely surreal... add surrealist painter Rene Magritte to your list of famous Belgians...
  • Options

This is strange, why announce him today? Surely he had signed a contract before Saturday.

"Jorge, how many chins has Jeunechamps got?"
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Someone has to eat all the pies due to the fact that fans are boycotting the outlets.

He's not going to be happy with his portion of chips though is he.
    Be even more cheesed off when they tell him they only have Diet Coke.
    On the plus side, the catering outlets will be improving their selection of cheeses and high-quality chocolate
    Hopefully no one will be buying, take ur own food, drink in the local boozers, don't buy programmes, if you want to see the teams look at the wonderful new screen ...............oh !
  • Options

Why in the blue hell is he shirtless?? And seemingly slathering himself with butter? He's not playing, why does he need to change? No-one needs to see that. Wim's got his shirt on for Christ's sake.

It actually looks like Riga is very vigorously explaining to him why shirtless assistants aren't appropriate in the English game
    I think he could be waiting for 'Fanni' to arrive?!?...........sorry I couldn't resist :smiley:
  • Options

Conveniently covering the third nipple with his arm there...
  • Options
    Jeunechamps has no doubt been picked by Riga, as they've worked together before.
    Evidently he must bring something beneficial to the party.

But what puzzles me ...... is that a professional coach working with athletes where fitness is vital, appears so unfit himself.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Jeunechamps has no doubt been picked by Riga, as they've worked together before.
    Evidently he must bring something beneficial to the party.

But what puzzles me ...... is that a professional coach working with athletes where fitness is vital, appears so unfit himself.

Perhaps Rafa turned us down.

• Options
    He is inspired by that great athlete, and even greater coach, Steve Evans.